The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 467,286 times)

First Blood

First Blood

Spoiler
Traitorous prick. I can't wait for the scene of when Tyrion comes to take him away.
[close]

Gazz

Gazz

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Mar 23, 2012, 07:09:10 PM

Spoiler
I saw it coming from the very beginning really. Lots of foreshadowing. (Plus Bean gets killed in everything!) I thought he's probably get killed the same way Cesar did in the ROME series ... in the second to last episode. A winning formula I suppose.

Having his daughters present was extra heart ache and sets up the youngest for a "Kill Bill" situation. I can't wait to see how this all plays out.
[close]

Did you really have to drop that clanger of a spoiler from Rome in with the spoilers from Game of Thrones without warning?

I've just started Rome.   :-\

EDIT: Finally finished 'A Clash of Kings'. Took me a little longer than expected due to Uni work (Also I read 3 other books in the meantime) but f**k me, those last 300-350 pages flew by in a matter of hours (or so it felt).

Spoilers for season 2 below:

Spoiler
I especially enjoyed Tyrion's mental chess game with Cersei throughout and I also grew towards Sansa and her plight, which is the character irritated me throughout 'Thrones' (not due to fault of GRRM. It was her childish naivety that irked me though I assume that was the point). However the chapters that I looked forward to most concerned the rise and fall of Theon Greyjoy. A right little shit and yet I actually began to feel a tad sorry for him by the books end... well right up until THAT part.
[close]

Loved it from the first page to the last and I'm instantly jumping on to A Storm of Swords.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: Gazz on Mar 24, 2012, 12:29:21 AM
Did you really have to drop that clanger of a spoiler from Rome in with the spoilers from Game of Thrones without warning?

I apologize Gazz. I didn't think for a moment that one of the most significant moments in world history, The Assassination of Julius Caesar, would be considered a spoiler.   

And here I sit ... not having had HBO since ... well, since Rome Season 2.

So, is there anywhere in particular that one can see new episodes of Game of Thrones Season 2 online after they air? I'm not going to be able to wait until the next box set comes out.  :-\

coolbreeze

coolbreeze

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Mar 24, 2012, 04:39:44 AM

I apologize Gazz. I didn't think for a moment that one of the most significant moments in world history, The Assassination of Julius Caesar, would be considered a spoiler.   

And here I sit ... not having had HBO since ... well, since Rome Season 2.

So, is there anywhere in particular that one can see new episodes of Game of Thrones Season 2 online after they air? I'm not going to be able to wait until the next box set comes out.  :-\

Yes, yes there is... ;)

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: coolbreeze on Mar 24, 2012, 04:40:59 AM
Yes, yes there is... ;)

What you want coolbreeze? Gold? Women? Golden Women?  ;)

coolbreeze

coolbreeze

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Mar 24, 2012, 04:51:03 AM
Quote from: coolbreeze on Mar 24, 2012, 04:40:59 AM
Yes, yes there is... ;)

What you want coolbreeze? Gold? Women? Golden Women?  ;)

All of the above... :laugh:

I'll PM you the link because I don't want to post a link to a site where you can dl movies and tv shows.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Spoiler
[close]

Gazz

Gazz

Yeah, but now you've provided me with when to expect it thus robbing me of any tension in the build up. That's the clanger of a spoiler and surely you see the trouble in that?

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: Gazz on Mar 24, 2012, 11:48:44 AM

Yeah, but now you've provided me with when to expect it thus robbing me of any tension in the build up. That's the clanger of a spoiler and surely you see the trouble in that?

Spoilering my response to spare casual bystanders
Spoiler
Hey man. I already apologized. Rest easy knowing the tension is still there because they talk about killing Caesar for 70% of the first season. You know it's during the Ides of March and in every episode there is a guy updating the calendar ... basically giving you a count down to the whole bloody mess.

It's like trying to say I spoiled a shuttle launch by me saying "It flies straight up after they get to 10!"

If you're still feeling sore about it ... then feel free to send me a PM about how Game of Thrones shakes out once your done with the books if you think it will set the scales right.
[close]

Until then ... How bout Tywin Lannister's armor? Pretty sweet yeah?

Gazz

Gazz

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Mar 25, 2012, 12:37:20 AM

Spoiler
Hey man. I already apologized. Rest easy knowing the tension is still there because they talk about killing Caesar for 70% of the first season. You know it's during the Ides of March and in every episode there is a guy updating the calendar ... basically giving you a count down to the whole bloody mess.

It's like trying to say I spoiled a shuttle launch by me saying "It flies straight up after they get to 10!"

If you're still feeling sore about it ... then feel free to send me a PM about how Game of Thrones shakes out once your done with the books if you think it will set the scales right.
[close]

Spoiler
I'm not here to 'set the scales' nor go out of my way to spoil anything for you. It's uncool and I just don't roll that way.

However, your apology read like nothing of the sort. In fact it came across like an insult to my intelligence. I was simply asking you mark spoilers like the specific details of a major characters death instead of throwing it out there without warning. We may know it's happening but I certainly didn't ask to know when. The characters may do a lot of talking about it and it may even become a countdown event as you say. However I do not know how the series progresses beyond the first two episodes and nor was I aware of the dynamic that is established in the building of tension before that fateful episode (I do now!). As far as I was concerned Rome was a series that was cancelled with many loose ends. I didn't even know if they got as far as the death of Ceaser. Now I know.

And as far as I know the series didn't start with a bleeping counter telling me just when his death would occur. :D

I'm not terribly sore about the whole thing. I think you just misunderstood exactly what I was reacting too. Now what started off as just a friendly reminder to mark spoilers has indeed spiralled way beyond.
[close]

Old geezer has style.

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

So I have been getting into this series on request by a close friend.  I like it but I am not to sure why... sounds stupid but why is this series so likeable?  Right now I have no memorization of any of the characters names even...

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Predator Queen on Mar 25, 2012, 01:39:52 AM
So I have been getting into this series on request by a close friend.  I like it but I am not to sure why... sounds stupid but why is this series so likeable?  Right now I have no memorization of any of the characters names even...

The characters are very well written, and it makes the audience care for them. The show is filled with intrigue, deceit, and betrayal. There's no black and white really. Everyone has their own motivations for something and they're not necessary evil – which makes them more relatable. The Lannister's feel what they're doing is right, as do the Starks. And, it's a medieval fantasy, which is a nice change of pace from the shows that usually dominate television. 

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: Gazz on Mar 25, 2012, 01:03:07 AM
Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Mar 25, 2012, 12:37:20 AM

Spoiler

[close]

Spoiler
I'm not here to 'set the scales' nor go out of my way to spoil anything for you. It's uncool and I just don't roll that way.

However, your apology read like nothing of the sort. In fact it came across like an insult to my intelligence. I was simply asking you mark spoilers like the specific details of a major characters death instead of throwing it out there without warning. We may know it's happening but I certainly didn't ask to know when. The characters may do a lot of talking about it and it may even become a countdown event as you say. However I do not know how the series progresses beyond the first two episodes and nor was I aware of the dynamic that is established in the building of tension before that fateful episode (I do now!). As far as I was concerned Rome was a series that was cancelled with many loose ends. I didn't even know if they got as far as the death of Ceaser. Now I know.

And as far as I know the series didn't start with a bleeping counter telling me just when his death would occur. :D

I'm not terribly sore about the whole thing. I think you just misunderstood exactly what I was reacting too. Now what started off as just a friendly reminder to mark spoilers has indeed spiralled way beyond.
[close]

Old geezer has style.

Spoiler
Gazz. I rarely apologize so my skills must be a little rusty. I more often DO have fun at people's expense for both their lack of knowledge and getting emotional over small and misconstrued communication/intent so it's any wonder those flavors crept in there. Albeit unintentionally. It's almost reflex now ... such as the world.

Good for you not taking me up on my offer.  ;D Besides ... by the time George R. R. Martin gets around to writing the end of these wonderful stories we'll both be too senile to remember what's going on anyway.

I'll take your advice in regards to future posts with property specific spoiler tags. But you know I can't promise next time us bucks clack horns in some other thread that all be as sweet as I'm being now.  :-* I kid ... like a big brother.
[close]

All I can say is ... I want a set. Leave it a Lannister to have such choice protective gear.

Quote from: First Blood on Mar 25, 2012, 03:30:02 AM
Quote from: Predator Queen on Mar 25, 2012, 01:39:52 AM

The characters are very well written, and it makes the audience care for them. The show is filled with intrigue, deceit, and betrayal. There's no black and white really. Everyone has their own motivations for something and they're not necessary evil – which makes them more relatable. The Lannister's feel what they're doing is right, as do the Starks. And, it's a medieval fantasy, which is a nice change of pace from the shows that usually dominate television. 

A lot of it's charm may feel subtle depending on what you were expecting. It's not LOTR. It's not Kingdom of Heaven. It's a lovely blend of historic reality and fantasy theme fiction. It's a great 'hook' to have this set in a fantasy world with the promise of mystical beasts and magic ... but the shows strengths do not depend on them. It's a very respectfully mature storyline that wants to seduce your mind rather than your adrenal gland.

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

Your right, there are no mythological creatures in this series... huh thus why I am liking it not loving it.  Hmm I will be honest I am not to terribly into most of the little stories here, but I do really enjoy watching the live of that blond female who was married off to the barbarian...

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Predator Queen on Mar 25, 2012, 04:03:48 AM
Your right, there are no mythological creatures in this series... huh thus why I am liking it not loving it.  Hmm I will be honest I am not to terribly into most of the little stories here, but I do really enjoy watching the live of that blond female who was married off to the barbarian...

If you keep watching, particularly the storyline with the blonde girl Daenerys, you'll encounter something. ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed