The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 471,453 times)

Immortan Jonesy

ace3g

ace3g

ace3g

So what did everyone think of the HotD premiere ?

Immortan Jonesy

Rudiger

Rudiger

That was very, very dull. The bigger budget is wasted on overly repetitive aerial shots. That first episode of GOT was so good as it just got on with introducing the characters and laying out the basic plot (who were the good guys and who were the bad guys). This is suffering from the same problems that ruined the end of GOT.

Immortan Jonesy

I immediately thought of Alien when I saw this dragon skull somewhere  :'( 💕

Immortan Jonesy

Highland

Highland

I actually quite enjoyed it. The first 25-30 mins is a bit of a struggle, but overall it has potential. 7/10

Immortan Jonesy

👁🦋👁👇

House of the Dragon vs. Lord of the Rings: Rings of Power

👁🦋👁👉👈

I wonder which high fantasy show will end up being better? or maybe they both turned out to be good for different reasons.

Nightmare Asylum

Finally watched the first two episodes of House of the Dragon and, for the most part, I'm pretty into it. I do wish it was doing a bit more stylistically to forge its own identity apart from Game of Thrones (at the very least, it DESPERATELY needs a unique opening theme... as it is, the GOT theme doesn't even properly sync with the visuals of HOTD's opening the way it did GOT's), but, if the show's loftiest ambitions so far are to simply be more GOT, then at least it is leaning hardest into some of the absolute best elements of what made GOT work during the peak of its run.

Daemon's dragon rocks, really love its design and the way it moves, and I'm very into the teases we've gotten so far of the Myrish pirate Crabfeeder.

Looking forward to checking out tonight's episode.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

The second season will begin filming in early 2023

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1584394439736188928

Nightmare Asylum

I liked season one of this a lot more than I expected to. I'd put it right up there with the very best seasons of GOT, even.

Also, started reading Fire & Blood right after the season ended, since I never did get around to it when the book released a few years ago. I forgot how much I love Martin's writing.

Shasvre

Shasvre

As someone who really despised the final seasons of Game of Thrones, I was way more into House of the Dragon than I expected. My only complaints were nitpicking at certain events. The rest, I loved. Fantastic casting, really digging Emma D'Arcy as Rhaenyra, and Paddy as Viserys has of course been amazing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed