The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 470,356 times)

Eva

Eva

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jan 20, 2013, 03:51:58 PM
Quote from: Shasvre on Jan 20, 2013, 10:39:57 AM
Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jan 20, 2013, 01:40:53 AMMostly, can't wait for a certain character to come back that most seem to have forgotten about...

Spoiler
[close]
Indeed. 8)

I'm looking forward to the return of that other character most people have probably forgotten about, if he indeed returns for Season 3 at all.
Oh, aye, that one'll be great to see come back as well. ;D
You guys and your witty clues. I have no idea either... :D

Valaquen

Valaquen

Are you guys talking about
Spoiler
Barristan? I think you see the back of him leaving Dany's tent in the Invited to the Set video.
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Valaquen on Jan 20, 2013, 06:06:16 PM
Spoiler
Barristan? I think you see the back of him leaving Dany's tent in the Invited to the Set video.
[close]
Yup. I really hope you're right about that, I would love to see him again. :)

But I think the one SpaceMarines was refering to was...

Spoiler
Beric Dondarrion
[close]

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jan 20, 2013, 01:18:12 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaedhISdshA#ws

hnnnnnngggggg~
Holy shit, I completely missed this video. Great stuff. :)

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Shasvre on Jan 20, 2013, 07:16:35 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Jan 20, 2013, 06:06:16 PM
Spoiler
[close]
Yup. I really hope you're right about that, I would love to see him again. :)

Spoiler
Beric Dondarrion
[close]
Ooohhh... I honestly don't think any purely show viewers will even remember him. He had a half second of screen time :laugh:

Shasvre

Shasvre

Aye, it's not even the same actor as in Season 1.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Shasvre on Jan 20, 2013, 07:16:35 PM

Spoiler
Beric Dondarrion
[close]

Yeah, that's the one.

Quote from: Shasvre on Jan 21, 2013, 12:30:32 AM
Aye, it's not even the same actor as in Season 1.

Wish it was the same guy. Although, I've compared their faces, and they do look really similar.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I just remember the scene where Loras fellates Renly, and they added a little sucking sound effect... :-X

Yeah, it's a bit much at times.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

The violence is well placed and well done, but the sex and nudity, while it doesn't bother me, is definitely gratuitous, like they're just trying to meet a quota.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Still nothing compared to what little I've seen of Rome, though. :laugh:

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jan 21, 2013, 08:38:57 PM
The violence is well placed and well done, but the sex and nudity, while it doesn't bother me, is definitely gratuitous, like they're just trying to meet a quota.
Neil Marshall said that, when he was directing Blackwater, "This particular exec took me to one side and said, 'Look, I represent the pervert side of the audience, okay? Everybody else is the serious drama side, [but] I represent the perv side of the audience, and I'm saying I want full frontal nudity in this scene.' So you go ahead and do it."

When the sex is appropriate for the story (say, the relationships between Cersei and Jamie; or Rob and Talisa) then it's fair enough, but scenes like the infamous Littlefinger scene from season 1, or some of the brothel scenes in season 2 or Osha going full-frontal for Theon (not in the book and not even necessary for their escape) are ludicrous and actually detract from the show.

Maybe SNL got it right

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4509yj6y3L4#

Shasvre

Shasvre

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

The amount of sex on-screen in Game of Thrones doesn't bother me, but I do see why it would bother some people. There is an excessive amount of it.

On another subject -- it can't be long until we get an official teaser trailer! Hopefully sometime early-mid February!

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Michael Harper on Jan 22, 2013, 04:31:03 PM
The amount of sex on-screen in Game of Thrones doesn't bother me, but I do see why it would bother some people. There is an excessive amount of it.
The sex and nudity itself doesn't bother me (Spartacus fan), but when I see that they've shoehorned in needless sex scenes in the place of great scenes from the books, it irks me. And, as one of the producers admitted, they do it just to titillate people. There is sex a-plenty in the book, but it always has a finer point. In the series it can sometimes be exploitive.

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

Quote from: Valaquen on Jan 22, 2013, 04:42:49 PM
Quote from: Michael Harper on Jan 22, 2013, 04:31:03 PM
The sex and nudity itself doesn't bother me (Spartacus fan), but when I see that they've shoehorned in needless sex scenes in the place of great scenes from the books, it irks me. And, as one of the producers admitted, they do it just to titillate people. There is sex a-plenty in the book, but it always has a finer point. In the series it can sometimes be exploitive.

Totally agree!

It hasn't made me like Game of Thrones any less :) I love it all the same. Of course, I find the books far superior...but, seeing as I think the series is one of the best television series of all time...a bit of exploitative excessive sex/nudity in place of great scenes from the book is a small price to pay, HaHa :)

Season Three is gonna ROCK!  8)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed