The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 471,097 times)

Eva

Eva

I haven't read book 3 yet, so I'll take your word for it. I'm only halfway through book 1. Anyways, my point was that they could just have doubled the number of episodes for season 3 if book 3 demands that kind of volume but due to economics, that might just not be possible or profitable for the network.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

It's always economics with HBO...look at Deadwood.

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Quote from: Eva on Jan 10, 2013, 11:27:18 PM
I haven't read book 3 yet, so I'll take your word for it. I'm only halfway through book 1. Anyways, my point was that they could just have doubled the number of episodes for season 3 if book 3 demands that kind of volume but due to economics, that might just not be possible or profitable for the network.
Good point, I'm used to 6 episodes in a series so that never crossed my mind. Though it does make sense as sansa arya and bran are going to get so much older so much quicker.

Gotta say though the end of series 3 will be worth it I think. It should/could justify if completely

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I'm glad they're splitting up the books over multiple seasons. Gives GRRM more time to finish the series.

Quote from: Valaquen on Jan 10, 2013, 10:55:48 PM
It also broke a few days ago that the actor who plays Ilyn Payne has terminal cancer.

That's terrible news. :(

Shasvre

m41guy

m41guy

That song gives me chills everytime I hear it....
Spoiler
especially with season 3
[close]

God, I can't wait!

ace3g

EEV2650

EEV2650

So excited.

Space Sweeper

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Great video. Can't wait for this season.

Mostly, can't wait for a certain character to come back that most seem to have forgotten about...

Spoiler
[close]

EEV2650

EEV2650

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jan 20, 2013, 01:40:53 AM

Mostly, can't wait for a certain character to come back that most seem to have forgotten about...

Spoiler
[close]

Who?

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

That picture's your only clue, man. Don't wanna ruin the surprise. ;)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jan 20, 2013, 01:40:53 AMMostly, can't wait for a certain character to come back that most seem to have forgotten about...

Spoiler
[close]
Indeed. 8)

I'm looking forward to the return of that other character most people have probably forgotten about, if he indeed returns for Season 3 at all.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Shasvre on Jan 20, 2013, 10:39:57 AM
Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jan 20, 2013, 01:40:53 AMMostly, can't wait for a certain character to come back that most seem to have forgotten about...

Spoiler
[close]
Indeed. 8)

I'm looking forward to the return of that other character most people have probably forgotten about, if he indeed returns for Season 3 at all.

Oh, aye, that one'll be great to see come back as well. ;D

Bjørn Half-hand

Bjørn Half-hand

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jan 20, 2013, 01:40:53 AM

Spoiler
[close]

If I recall correctly I read somewhere that that character has been recast for this series?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed