Last TV Show You Watched

Started by Predator Queen, Mar 29, 2011, 04:30:51 AM

Author
Last TV Show You Watched (Read 505,061 times)

kwisatz

kwisatz

Escape at Dannemora

Top notch on all levels. Felt super realistic in parts, mainly due to the superb acting but everything else's on such a high level too.

Del Toro  :o

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dPKaV4Z-cYk

Then the background sounds kicking in. Highly recommended. 

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Ancient Civilizations, season 1, episode 1
Seems a little similar to Ancient Aliens. And featuring my "buddy" Graham Hancock  :D
Showed some stuff that influenced Prometheus and even used a bit of footage.
One thing I hate about documentaries like this, if when some author says something like "This was wrongly translated and actually means this."
Might be right, might be wrong. Either way I'm too lazy to research ancient Sumarian to see if the person's correct.

Mayans M.C. - Season 3, episodes 5 to 7
Still good, looking forward to the remaining episodes.

Quote from: kwisatz on May 18, 2021, 11:25:19 PM
Escape at Dannemora

Saw pieces of this on tv. Not sure if it's something for me but did seem quality overal.

LastSonofKrypton

Peaky Blinders

I just can't get invested in characters who are all garbage human beings.  Every time I feel a shred of sympathy for one of them, they immediately do something awful involving razor blades tucked in flat caps

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Castlevania S4,  absolutely excellent, a serious step up from the last Season.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 17, 2021, 07:56:42 PM
Castlevania S4
Excellent stuff all in all. Great action, and largely satisfying conclusions to all the storylines.

Quote from: Trash Queen on May 20, 2021, 02:04:10 AM
Castlevania S4,  absolutely excellent, a serious step up from the last Season.

Couldn't agree more.
Really wish they made Alien, Engineer and Android series like this.
Certainly should be a lot cheaper than a single movie.

Mayans M.C. - Season 3, remaining episodes
Quite the letdown. Ending with some cliffhanger leading up to a big scene which we'll probably never get to see except in flashback montage form in the season premiere of the next season.

Archer, season 1, episode 1 to 5 or so.
Imo they picked the wrong voice for the main character. Doesn't help that it's the Bob's Burgers guy either.
And wouldn't mind some brighter colours.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Witcher S1 E1-4

I'm more into it this time around, even if the Dunkirk-style timelines are still odd.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Witcher S1 E5-8

Damn good all around.

Ingwar

Ingwar

I wish I could say that. I'm Witcher maniac since late 90s. I've read all books several times. Didn't like first season at all. Hopefully they gonna correct things in upcoming season.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah but if I recall correctly you're not big on LOTR's film adaptation either so I'm not sure what might please you. 😅

Though indeed especially the beginning of the Season and the final fight between the various Sorcerers and Triss in general did not work for me honestly.

So I also certainly hope the upcoming Seasons will be a big step up in quality.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: Trash Queen on May 23, 2021, 10:20:09 AM
Yeah but if I recall correctly you're not big on LOTR's film adaptation either so I'm not sure what might please you. 😅

I enjoy immensely The Fellowship of the Ring each time I watch it. If only the rest were as good as the first one. Regarding The Witcher, believe me, if you read the books, which I highly recommend, your opinion about TV series would probably change. For worse.

PS My favourite fantasy movie ever is ... Conan the Barbarian. I'm not kidding. It's so simple and yet it works.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Each's just as good as the others if not better in their own ways.

And I have read The Last Wish actually, multiple times, I have struggled getting into the others for years though.

Ingwar

Ingwar

That's great. Give it a go if you can. It's a quick read. Very compelling.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

My attention span's ruined lol.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Too bad. You don't know what you're missing :) I can spend all day reading a book.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Farscape S3 E17-18

One okay episode, and one really, really good one. Guest starring Mouse from The Matrix, too. :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed