Last TV Show You Watched

Started by Predator Queen, Mar 29, 2011, 04:30:51 AM

Author
Last TV Show You Watched (Read 505,452 times)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Perception Season 3 Episode 15
Well you could tell they didnt expect to be cancelled lol

Prez

Prez

Classic X-Files Season 1 - Squeeze.

Still my favourite TV Show. Funny watching Duchovny & Anderson looking so young.
Ah I remember seeing the promos for this back in 93 and thinking this show looks cool.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Young Sheldon Season 2 Episodes 1-3

Forged in Fire: Man at Arms Season 2 Episode 10

Forged in Fire: Armed Forces Episodes 3-4

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

City on a Hill. I wasn't at all surprised to see Ben Affleck listed as an exec producer in the closing credits, because this absolutely feels like a spiritual successor to The Town. One of those shows that, as well-made and competent as it is, is really elevated by the starring performance. Kevin Bacon's wonderful in it.

Huggs

Huggs

The Andy Griffith Show

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Masters of Horror S1E8 "Cigarette Burns"

Not terrible, and not the worst from either Carpenter or this show, but it's not that great. It's mainly just kind of a poor man's 8mm with a supernatural angle.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 30, 2019, 10:42:28 PM
Masters of Horror S1E8 "Cigarette Burns"

Not terrible, and not the worst from either Carpenter or this show, but it's not that great. It's mainly just kind of a poor man's 8mm with a supernatural angle.

Shame!  :laugh:
20 Hail Johns and thou shall be absolved of thy sin.

Both 8mm and Cigarette Burns use a basic Lovecraftian approach: Main character on a quest for dark and forbidden knowledge, resulting in some form of  madness.
Similar to Into The Mouth Of Madness and The Ninth Gate.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Oct 30, 2019, 11:00:44 PM
Shame!  :laugh:
20 Hail Johns and thou shall be absolved of thy sin.

Both 8mm and Cigarette Burns use a basic Lovecraftian approach: Main character on a quest for dark and forbidden knowledge, resulting in some form of  madness.
Similar to Into The Mouth Of Madness and The Ninth Gate.

Yeah, I got that part. I just didn't think the episode as a whole was terrible well handled. Not unlike most of the Masters of Horror series.

I think I'll withhold my thoughts on Escape from LA, though. :laugh:

Masters of Horror S2E5 "Pro-Life"

Apart from some of the very good effects near the end and Perlman's performance, this was pretty bad. I know that the second season was basically just whatever scripts were leftover from the first, but this was just muddled and off putting.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 31, 2019, 02:17:55 AM

I think I'll withhold my thoughts on Escape from LA, though. :laugh:

:D

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Escape from L.A. annoys me so much because it has by far my favourite ever Snake moment in it, yet the film as a whole is a shitshow.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 31, 2019, 09:20:52 AM
Escape from L.A. annoys me so much because it has by far my favourite ever Snake moment in it, yet the film as a whole is a shitshow.

Word. The Bangkok Rules scene and the ending are so good, but the rest of it... yeesh.

Huggs

Huggs

Hannibal

What better day to start the fifth journey than Halloween?

Baron Von Marlon

The Deuce, season 3, episodes 1-3
Still great.

Anyone happen to know a good documentary about the crime in New York during that period?
I've seen pieces in documentaries about other things but none on the subject exclusively.

Russ

Russ

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 31, 2019, 09:20:52 AM

There are a lot of critics / vloggers out there that have a different take on this. They say that this was JC lashing out at the system by making a parody of the action movie and Hollywood in general.

I think that was too subtle for the 90s crowd - I certainly didn't get it when the film came out and I was struggling with the tone and why they would make a sequel that was a remake... but viewing with a revisionist hat on ... it kind of makes sense.

I learned also that Ghosts of Mars was supposed to be a Plissken movie. I love Ghosts of Mars anyway - adding Plissken to that would have made it... awesomer.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed