Last TV Show You Watched

Started by Predator Queen, Mar 29, 2011, 04:30:51 AM

Author
Last TV Show You Watched (Read 505,374 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

About to start The Sopranos for the first time ever. ;D

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 15, 2019, 06:34:40 PM

Just don't expect much and you'll be fine.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Huggs on Jun 15, 2019, 06:38:58 PM

Just don't expect much and you'll be fine.

Well I loved the first three episodes regardless of expectations. Definitely going to be watching more tonight.

Baron Von Marlon

Deadwood
Time for another run.

"Oh! Ey! This guy!"

Loved it but didn't like it as much after multiple viewings. And the last season season sucks imo.
Still worth watching. Even it's only for Paulie and Silvio.
And the David Lee Roth cameo.

Huggs

Huggs

I appreciate that it was kind of a new thing as far as shows go, but there were too many stereotypical characters and stuff involved that it sometimes felt like a spoof. That, and I just couldn't care about the characters at all. I believe Kim Coates said nearly the same thing during an interview some years ago.

And it has arguably one of the worst series endings of all time.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Sopranos S1 E1-6

Highly enjoyable so far. James Gandolfini is just so damn good. I'd argue it balances the crime and family drama better than Breaking Bad.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 16, 2019, 02:13:50 AM
The Sopranos S1 E1-6

Highly enjoyable so far. James Gandolfini is just so damn good. I'd argue it balances the crime and family drama better than Breaking Bad.

Besides the acting and production, I've always found Breaking Bad overrated.

Anyway, here's James Gandolfini in Family Guy

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Sopranos

Finished Season 1. My experience is similar to how The Wire went for me. I didn't immediately love it, but by the end I was totally invested. One of the best uses of Cream ever, too. 8)

Baron Von Marlon

Do you know Lilyhammer?
It's quite good and stars Steven Van Zandt (Silvio) as a similar character.

Huggs

Huggs

Vikings

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jun 17, 2019, 03:35:30 AM
Do you know Lilyhammer?
It's quite good and stars Steven Van Zandt (Silvio) as a similar character.

I don't maybe down the line.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Getting towards the end of season 2 of The Expanse. It's excellent. It takes quite a bit for a show to genuinely surprise me these days, but this one has, not least of all when it came to
Spoiler
Miller's fate on Eros. I can usually call bluff TV show deaths a mile away, but I genuinely thought he was going to buy it when the Nuavoo hit. So I was really surprised when it missed and he survived.

But not as surprised as I was when he then died for real in the very next episode :laugh:
[close]

Also started Chernobyl. About halfway through the first episode Jenny refused to watch any more. In her defence, I think it might be the grimmest show I've ever seen. Fantastically put together though.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 17, 2019, 02:19:15 AM
The Sopranos

Finished Season 1. My experience is similar to how The Wire went for me. I didn't immediately love it, but by the end I was totally invested. One of the best uses of Cream ever, too. 8)

There's still a case for the Sopranos being the best show ever made, in my book. The seasons get progressively less essential, but the production quality, performances, main character writing and oodles of subtext remain at the first season's considerable height throughout the duration.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

M.A.S.K Season 1 Episodes 1-4

Reboot Season 1 Episodes 1-3

Law & Order SVU Season 17 Episode 23

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 17, 2019, 04:19:24 AM
I don't maybe down the line.

It's about an American mobster going into the witness protection program, in Norway, and having troubles adjusting.

Quote from: Vertigo on Jun 18, 2019, 12:08:23 PM
There's still a case for the Sopranos being the best show ever made, in my book.

That reminds me of the Sopranos cook book I have but never used. Got it with some promotional deal on the dvd boxes.
Gotta love the Italians and their food.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed