Last TV Show You Watched

Started by Predator Queen, Mar 29, 2011, 04:30:51 AM

Author
Last TV Show You Watched (Read 499,957 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 12, 2018, 12:20:53 AM
Twin Peaks - Pilot

Starting this again after a partial watch years ago.

How far did you get in your partial watch?

I watched the series for the first time last year (not knowing that S3 was so close to release), and rewatched the entire thing again this year, and it is without a doubt one of my favorite shows ever.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 13, 2018, 03:12:24 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 12, 2018, 12:20:53 AM
Twin Peaks - Pilot

Starting this again after a partial watch years ago.

How far did you get in your partial watch?

I watched the series for the first time last year (not knowing that S3 was so close to release), and rewatched the entire thing again this year, and it is without a doubt one of my favorite shows ever.

Four, maybe five episodes. I was watching on Netflix and then they pulled it.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Huh, didn't realize it was off of Netflix. I used that for my first viewing. Have all of it on Blu now though. Showtime might still have the original series. I know they got it (and the film) on there in the buildup to the new season.

Season one is great, and season two right up through to the reveal is fantastic. After that there's a bit of a slog where the show doesn't know what to do with itself, but it finds its footing again in time for the last stretch of episodes, which really pick things up again in a big way. Fire Walk With Me and the new season are phenomenal.

I hope you enjoy your foray into this long, strange Lynchian nightmare!

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I bought the set with the first two seasons an FWWM. I'll grab season three later on after I finish them.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Does the boxset have all the extras and deleted scenes for FWWM?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Dec 14, 2018, 12:43:20 PM
Does the boxset have all the extras and deleted scenes for FWWM?

Yep.

Finished off Season 1 last night. Interesting shit.

Nightmare Asylum

Only thing the box set is missing is a couple features exclusive to the Criterion FWWM. I own both versions.

The Log Lady intros on the Blu-ray box set are a lot of fun.

After you watch FWWM and before you start S3, make sure you watch The Missing Pieces.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

90 minutes of deleted scenes? :o

Also, started season two. Very interesting with the turns it's taking. The ending of the premiere was crazy.

Nightmare Asylum

Yup yup, and a lot of the deleted stuff is pretty significant, too. There are lots of prominent characters form the show that aren't even in the film but feature a fair amount in The Missing Pieces (and some stuff from TMP about a certain new character sheds a bit of light on one of S3's big mysteries).

Huggs

Huggs

About to finish season 1 of Hannibal on Bluray again. Just as beautiful as ever.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Blindspot Season 4 Episodes 1-5
Yeah this should have ended with Season 2

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Twin Peaks Season 2

It's difficult to figure the episode count thanks to the box set lumping them all together, but I got the resolution of the mystery. Holy crap, that was insane.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 15, 2018, 10:30:36 PM
Twin Peaks Season 2

It's difficult to figure the episode count thanks to the box set lumping them all together, but I got the resolution of the mystery. Holy crap, that was insane.

Right? Absolutely phenomenal stuff. Did you go in completely dark, or did you have some idea of how the mystery was going to be solved?

The next stretch of episodes is where it kind of loses its steam. Lynch was busy on another project, and they had no idea what to really do with the characters or the story (they never intended to really reveal the killer). But stick with it, 'cause there's some gems even in the slower parts, and it all pays off in the last stretch of four or five episodes, leading to an excellent finale directed by Lynch himself.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 15, 2018, 10:58:52 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 15, 2018, 10:30:36 PM
Twin Peaks Season 2

Right? Absolutely phenomenal stuff. Did you go in completely dark, or did you have some idea of how the mystery was going to be solved?

The next stretch of episodes is where it kind of loses its steam. Lynch was busy on another project, and they had no idea what to really do with the characters or the story (they never intended to really reveal the killer). But stick with it, 'cause there's some gems even in the slower parts, and it all pays off in the last stretch of four or five episodes, leading to an excellent finale directed by Lynch himself.

I think I had heard a reference to what was going on a long time ago, but the words were complete nonsense without context.

Spoiler
And Ray Wise is always either shifty or a bad guy, so Leland being the killer fits. :laugh:
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Not sure how much, if anything, you know about Fire Walk With Me, but... (not really any actual spoilers below given what you know from the show at this point, but still tagging it just in case you want to go into it completely blank).

Spoiler
the film is a prequel, dealing with the last week of Laura's life. So you're going to get some really fantastic Leland stuff in there, getting to see elements of the whole ordeal from his own point of view.

Ray Wise and Sheryl Lee are incredible in the film, and the whole thing is just dow scary and depressing and hauntingly beautiful.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed