Last TV Show You Watched

Started by Predator Queen, Mar 29, 2011, 04:30:51 AM

Author
Last TV Show You Watched (Read 505,171 times)

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 06, 2018, 10:04:13 AM
Quote from: MudButt on Dec 03, 2018, 09:18:22 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 03, 2018, 09:01:06 AM
Finally tried watching The Office (US version, because most Brit comedy isn't funny) and I just didn't really like it. Tried 4 episodes but I just fed-up of it.

The first 6 episodes are a chore to get through but Season 2 to Season 5 is some great stuff. Once Steve Carrell leaves around the middle of Season 7 it becomes almost unwatchable. Parks and Rec is the better show in my opinion but also suffers from a bad 6 episode first season.

I've slogged on. I'm at about episode 12 or 13 of Season 2 and I'm pretty mixed. I really enjoy everything other than Steve Carrell's character. It's not even a dislike of the man - I like him - I just absolutely hate his character. He's rubbing me up the wrong way and not in a "it's funny laughing at him being stupid" kind of way.  :-\

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/PinkBraveCobra-size_restricted.gif

He definitely took some getting used too especially early in the show but honestly if you can't stand him you probably never will. He definitely matures as the show goes on.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 06, 2018, 10:04:13 AMI've slogged on. I'm at about episode 12 or 13 of Season 2 and I'm pretty mixed. I really enjoy everything other than Steve Carrell's character. It's not even a dislike of the man - I like him - I just absolutely hate his character. He's rubbing me up the wrong way and not in a "it's funny laughing at him being stupid" kind of way.  :-\

Dwight's antics make the whole show worth watching, Stanley's great the few times that he actually speaks and other stuff I don't wanna spoil yet.
It's easily one of my favorite tv-series. I watch it each year.

Huggs

Huggs

A couple of specials on The Titanic.

Getting ready to start Hannibal (on Bluray) tonight. My third journey. It calls to me, and I am powerless to resist.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Doctor Who Season 11/37 Episode 10
A fine end to this season, actually brings it full cirlce

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Finished Daredevil Season 3 last week - it was fantastic - and just started "Hand of God" with Ron Perlman on Amazon Prime. Only one episode in, but so far, so good!

MudButt

MudButt

Counterpart - S2E1

J.K. Simmons is fantastic as usual. Love this show. It's a legit spy thriller with sci-fi elements and I'm all in. So glad we didn't have to wait that long for the second season.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Batman: The Animated Series

Watched a number of episodes on blu-ray. The transfers look pretty good, considering the age and nature of the source.

Baron Von Marlon

Two And A Half Men, with Charlie Sheen
Too bad it ended the way it did. They should just start again and pretend like the whole Kutcher was a dream.

Californication
Done with Two And A Half Men so now it's the other series about a guy who lives in California and bangs a lot of women.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 11, 2018, 12:29:49 AM
Batman: The Animated Series

Watched a number of episodes on blu-ray. The transfers look pretty good, considering the age and nature of the source.

Fantastic show. Still my favorite animated series.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Dec 11, 2018, 01:37:43 AMTwo And A Half Men, with Charlie Sheen
Too bad it ended the way it did. They should just start again and pretend like the whole Kutcher was a dream.

I'm not a really a fan of most American sitcoms, but I really liked that while Sheen was in it. Which is ironic, because stylistically the show's indistinguishable from so many other American sitcoms that I absolutely loathe.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: MudButt on Dec 06, 2018, 06:25:16 PM
Finally tried watching The Office (US version, because most Brit comedy isn't funny) and I just didn't really like it. Tried 4 episodes but I just fed-up of it.

The first 6 episodes are a chore to get through but Season 2 to Season 5 is some great stuff. Once Steve Carrell leaves around the middle of Season 7 it becomes almost unwatchable. Parks and Rec is the better show in my opinion but also suffers from a bad 6 episode first season.

I've slogged on. I'm at about episode 12 or 13 of Season 2 and I'm pretty mixed. I really enjoy everything other than Steve Carrell's character. It's not even a dislike of the man - I like him - I just absolutely hate his character. He's rubbing me up the wrong way and not in a "it's funny laughing at him being stupid" kind of way.  :-\

He definitely took some getting used too especially early in the show but honestly if you can't stand him you probably never will. He definitely matures as the show goes on.

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Dec 07, 2018, 07:39:57 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 06, 2018, 10:04:13 AMI've slogged on. I'm at about episode 12 or 13 of Season 2 and I'm pretty mixed. I really enjoy everything other than Steve Carrell's character. It's not even a dislike of the man - I like him - I just absolutely hate his character. He's rubbing me up the wrong way and not in a "it's funny laughing at him being stupid" kind of way.  :-\

Dwight's antics make the whole show worth watching, Stanley's great the few times that he actually speaks and other stuff I don't wanna spoil yet.

I'm liking everyone else enough to just keep going. I just want Jim to end up with Pam already. I really do love the support cast.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

NCIS: New Orleans Season 3 Episode 24

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 11, 2018, 09:16:09 AM
Quote from: MudButt on Dec 06, 2018, 06:25:16 PM

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Dec 07, 2018, 07:39:57 AM

I'm liking everyone else enough to just keep going. I just want Jim to end up with Pam already. I really do love the support cast.

If you like the Jim and Pam storyline, keep watching. It's great  8)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Twin Peaks - Pilot

Starting this again after a partial watch years ago.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 11, 2018, 09:04:20 AM
Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Dec 11, 2018, 01:37:43 AMTwo And A Half Men, with Charlie Sheen

I'm not a really a fan of most American sitcoms, but I really liked that while Sheen was in it. Which is ironic, because stylistically the show's indistinguishable from so many other American sitcoms that I absolutely loathe.

The show seemed to be written for Charlie Sheen. That was imo the main thing that made it so good. That and the rest of the cast.

And yes, it's very similar to other sitcoms. It's because a lot of those are from the same writer. 2 Broke Girls, Big Bang Theory,...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed