Last TV Show You Watched

Started by Predator Queen, Mar 29, 2011, 04:30:51 AM

Author
Last TV Show You Watched (Read 499,963 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Ya'll need some Red Green.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Dec 04, 2018, 12:38:16 AM

I saw one episode in a hotel room a few years ago.

Definitely have a soft spot for older shows, American and British alike.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Dec 04, 2018, 01:07:25 AM

My only memories of it are from when I was still a little scrapper. During our trips to my grandparents house out of state, I was forced to bed down in the basement. There in that cold abyss, was an old television with a channel knob and rabbit ears on it. I only had 2 signals that I could catch, and only at certain times. So if going outside wasn't a option, I was either stuck watching Rugrats or Red Green. I never saw too many episodes, but I did chuckle a couple of times.

Of course, if I was really bored I could always go take a shower in that prison cell they called a...shower. The one made of 2x4's, exposed insulation and cement. With a live electrical outlet right underneath the shower head and the window with no curtain that stared right up into the neighbor lady's side yard and huge living room window. Might I have teased the old woman a time or two? Who can say?

Ah, childhood. Bittersweet, yet terrifying.

So, anyway, that's what Red Green means to me.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Dec 04, 2018, 01:28:07 AM
Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Dec 04, 2018, 01:07:25 AM

My only memories of it are from when I was still a little scrapper. During our trips to my grandparents house out of state, I was forced to bed down in the basement. There in that cold abyss, was an old television with a channel knob and rabbit ears on it. I only had 2 signals that I could catch, and only at certain times. So if going outside wasn't a option, I was either stuck watching Rugrats of Red Green. I never saw too many episodes, but I did chuckle a couple of times.

Of course, if I was really bored I could always go take a shower in that prison cell they called a...shower. The one made of 2x4's and cement. With an electrical outlet right underneath the shower head and the giant window with no curtain that stared right up into the old neighbor lady's yard and huge living room window. Might I have teased the old woman a time or two? Who can say?

Ah, the memories of youth. Bittersweet, yet terrifying.

Some of your stories might subconsciously pop up in my writing one day.

Huggs

Huggs

I may have cheated death and unknowingly satisfied the rotary club at the same time, but I was no James Bond. I was just a dude, in the shower.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Dec 04, 2018, 01:53:46 AM
I may have cheated death and unknowingly satisfied the rotary club at the same time, but I was no James Bond. I was just a dude, in the shower.

Slice-of-life fiction is my specialty.

Baron Von Marlon

The Young Ones is feckin' great.
I watch it at least once a year.

Father Ted's already mentioned. Brilliant series that is.

One Foot In The Grave
Best grumpy old man series ever.

Shameless
More of a dramedy but still really good.

Bottom is great as long as you don't watch it too much. Also better when you're drunk.
But what about the Bottom live shows? They're amazing in their own way.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Dec 04, 2018, 01:57:54 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Dec 04, 2018, 01:53:46 AM

Slice-of-life fiction is my specialty.

The fact that I was also within 30 (very visible) yards of the police station, my grandmother's congregation or as I called it "The Southern Baptist Headquarters", and a Methodist Mega-Church did add some excitement to my hygienic rituals. I didn't fully appreciate what I had going for me there. I was beset on all sides by God and The Law, and my only concerns were of the old neighbor woman?

Funny that I never saw her, although the only times that would have been possible, she may have been hiding behind the veil. Perhaps, in a way, we did know each other. Although I'm assuming she knew a whole lot more about me than I did her. I may have been an unknowing pupil, in the school of one-sided love, although I was always hoping there were some attractive middle-aged daughters watching.

She's passed on though, along with the tribulations and fantasies of youth. A minister lives there now. I took my last showers in that town...somewhere else.

...And then comes the moment when you realize a miniscule and seldom remembered portion of your life suddenly feels like "To Kill a Mockingbird" meets "Blue Velvet".

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Doctor Who S11 E9 "It Takes You Away"

Deeply strange, yet very good episode. Also, big ass flesh eating moths. :o

Huggs

Huggs

Law and Order.

Not certain of the season or episode, but Dan Hedaya was in it.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Paradise PD Season 1
Hahaha absolutely hysterical. Some incredibly dark jokes but all the better for it

Disenchanted Season 1 Episodes 1 and 2
Really enjoyed this. You can tell its Groening but it has enough of its own flavour

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: MudButt on Dec 03, 2018, 09:18:22 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 03, 2018, 09:01:06 AM
Finally tried watching The Office (US version, because most Brit comedy isn't funny) and I just didn't really like it. Tried 4 episodes but I just fed-up of it.

The first 6 episodes are a chore to get through but Season 2 to Season 5 is some great stuff. Once Steve Carrell leaves around the middle of Season 7 it becomes almost unwatchable. Parks and Rec is the better show in my opinion but also suffers from a bad 6 episode first season.

I've slogged on. I'm at about episode 12 or 13 of Season 2 and I'm pretty mixed. I really enjoy everything other than Steve Carrell's character. It's not even a dislike of the man - I like him - I just absolutely hate his character. He's rubbing me up the wrong way and not in a "it's funny laughing at him being stupid" kind of way.  :-\

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

The last Kingdom : nice little GoT alternative. Setting is late 9th century AD and the conflict between the Angelo-Saxon kingdoms in England and different Danish Viking warlords and earls.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Prez on Dec 04, 2018, 12:31:50 AMFawlty Towers is still the pinnacle for me.

A lot of people would agree.

But for me personally, Fools and Horses trumps any other British comedy because every now and then it'd do something that'd bring a tear to your eye, and you realise the characters aren't just figures of fun, you genuinely care about them. The fact it could be as moving as it could funny is what elevates it above the likes of Fawlty Towers in my eyes; Fawlty Towers was clearly hysterical, but it's never anything more than that.

Fresh Prince often managed the same kind of thing, one of the reasons I really rate that as a sitcom. And of course Blackadder did it with what is probably one of the most famous series endings in British TV history.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 06, 2018, 10:04:13 AM
Quote from: MudButt on Dec 03, 2018, 09:18:22 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 03, 2018, 09:01:06 AM
Finally tried watching The Office (US version, because most Brit comedy isn't funny) and I just didn't really like it. Tried 4 episodes but I just fed-up of it.

The first 6 episodes are a chore to get through but Season 2 to Season 5 is some great stuff. Once Steve Carrell leaves around the middle of Season 7 it becomes almost unwatchable. Parks and Rec is the better show in my opinion but also suffers from a bad 6 episode first season.

I've slogged on. I'm at about episode 12 or 13 of Season 2 and I'm pretty mixed. I really enjoy everything other than Steve Carrell's character. It's not even a dislike of the man - I like him - I just absolutely hate his character. He's rubbing me up the wrong way and not in a "it's funny laughing at him being stupid" kind of way.  :-\

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/PinkBraveCobra-size_restricted.gif

I hope you're not making yourself suffer, here.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed