Last TV Show You Watched

Started by Predator Queen, Mar 29, 2011, 04:30:51 AM

Author
Last TV Show You Watched (Read 505,212 times)

toro

toro

on episode 6 of the terror, really digging it so far

Huggs

Huggs

Started Season 4: Disc 2 of The Strain last night, but fell asleep midway through an episode. Not because it sucks, I just over did it at work yesterday. So far, I'd say this season is kind of hit and miss, but more miss than hit.

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: Huggs on Nov 30, 2018, 03:50:02 PM
Started Season 4: Disc 2 of The Strain last night, but fell asleep midway through an episode. Not because it sucks, I just over did it at work yesterday. So far, I'd say this season is kind of hit and miss, but more miss than hit.

The finale was kind of a let down for me. The show never really reached it's full potential for me. I felt like it could have done more with the post-apocalyptic portion of the show but it never did. Thankfully they ended it and didn't drag it on.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Mike Judge's Tales From The Tourbus, season 2, episode 1-4
Music documentary series in cartoon format by the Beavis & Butt-Head creator.
I love this show. It's both funny and informative.

F Is For Family, season 3, episode 1 and 2
More of the same but it's seems a little more serious.

Quote from: Huggs on Nov 30, 2018, 03:50:02 PM

I had high hopes for this series. Started out great but at some point it kept going downhill.
I wonder if the book is different/better.

Huggs

Huggs

Finished the final season of The Strain.

Seemed kind of weak and stretched thin overall. It's a good thing they ended it when they did, confining it to three seasons probably would've been better. I wasn't fond of the ending, it seemed to conclude very fast.

I was thinking
Spoiler
the kid would be the one who got infected and Goodweather would have to put him down just to get to the bomb. Then, having nothing left, he would accept his fate in peace. But the kid got to set off another nuke and I suppose get redeemed somehow. Meh. I also wish Setrakian would've given a final line before his head was taken off. A thank you and good luck to all of them or something, instead of just looking around and giving the go ahead. There was some wasted space there that could've been put to good use.

[close]

The highlights for me were definitely Quinlan and his backstory, and of course, Richard Sammel's performance as Eichorst. Kind of sad to see it go, but it had been awhile since I last watched the show so it took alittle time to get back in the narrative flow. I'll hold out hope for a complete series collection on Bluray one day.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Finally tried watching The Office (US version, because most Brit comedy isn't funny) and I just didn't really like it. Tried 4 episodes but I just fed-up of it.

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 03, 2018, 09:01:06 AM
Finally tried watching The Office (US version, because most Brit comedy isn't funny) and I just didn't really like it. Tried 4 episodes but I just fed-up of it.

The first 6 episodes are a chore to get through but Season 2 to Season 5 is some great stuff. Once Steve Carrell leaves around the middle of Season 7 it becomes almost unwatchable. Parks and Rec is the better show in my opinion but also suffers from a bad 6 episode first season.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Alright...I'll try and slog on through. That's a fair point about Parks and Rec. From Season 2, that thing is f**king gold.

toro

toro

finally getting round to binging season three of the expanse.
i feel bad for waiting so long, best sci-fi series around imo

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 03, 2018, 09:01:06 AM

Don't feel too bad. I don't get The Office. Never seen it but I don't understand why people are suddenly into it after it ended years ago.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 03, 2018, 09:01:06 AMmost Brit comedy isn't funny

You take that shit back! :P

In fairness, most modern British stuff does nothing for me. But things like Mr. Bean, Father Ted (I know it's Irish, sue me), Fawlty Towers, Trigger Happy, Bottom, Blackadder, even Goodness Gracious Me... Classics. And as for Fools and Horses, well that's just the greatest comedy show I've ever seen (until they tried to resurrect it, that was admittedly a load of crap).

Caught some Two Ronnies on TV this morning. They just don't make 'em like they used to.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Myself, I'm a big fan of this pretty lady.

Russ

Russ

Finished Daredevil   :'(

Binged "The Last Kingdom" - superior to Vikings in every way. I guess it learned from what worked in that show and what didn't (well, and Bernard Cornwall has told the odd decent tale in his time...)

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 03, 2018, 09:49:27 AM
Alright...I'll try and slog on through. That's a fair point about Parks and Rec. From Season 2, that thing is f**king gold.

Trust me, I remember trying to watch that first season of the Office and I couldn't get past episode 2. I kind of watched it in the background until Season 2 started and then it gets really good.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 03, 2018, 01:12:25 PM
Myself, I'm a big fan of this pretty lady.

https://media0.giphy.com/media/12CNYhv6Mz6mje/giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5c052ae53150773532563a91

BENNY :-)

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 03, 2018, 12:01:29 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 03, 2018, 09:01:06 AMmost Brit comedy isn't funny

You take that shit back! :P

In fairness, most modern British stuff does nothing for me. But things like Mr. Bean, Father Ted (I know it's Irish, sue me), Fawlty Towers, Trigger Happy, Bottom, Blackadder, even Goodness Gracious Me... Classics. And as for Fools and Horses, well that's just the greatest comedy show I've ever seen (until they tried to resurrect it, that was admittedly a load of crap).

Caught some Two Ronnies on TV this morning. They just don't make 'em like they used to.

Despite being an Aussie, my Maltese parents made sure Brit comedy was a family staple on our TV growing up. All those you mentioned are classics. Loved others as well such as Dave Allen, Kenny Everitt Video Cassette, Open All Hours, Benny Hill, Not the Nine O'Clock News, Alas Smith and Jones, Young Ones, etc, etc.

Fawlty Towers for me is still the pinnacle for me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed