Last TV Show You Watched

Started by Predator Queen, Mar 29, 2011, 04:30:51 AM

Author
Last TV Show You Watched (Read 505,206 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Miami Vice S1 E2-5

Got massively sidetracked from my rewatch after the pilot, but finally back on it.

Episode 2, "Heart of Darkness", is fantastic, probably one of the best of the season - with an unexpectedly impressive dramatic turn from Modern Family's Ed O'Neill - but off the back of that I was sorely reminded just how dodgy some of the acting from the supporting cast is in these early episodes. Especially Angelina in "Calderone's Return Part II", if only because she's one of the main characters.

Still, Vice is cool as f*ck. I feel like going out and buying a white linen suit (and then freezing my bollocks off, because it's November).

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

The Last Ship Season 5 Episode 10
While i enjoyed the ending and have enjoyed this whole series, i felt this either needed another episode or at least 30 more minutes

Zapped Season 3 Episodes 4-6

Code 37: Sex Crimes Episodes 12-13

toro

toro

just binged season four of better call saul
consistently 4/5 like the previous seasons

Prez

Prez

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 21, 2018, 09:37:29 AM
Miami Vice S1 E2-5

Got massively sidetracked from my rewatch after the pilot, but finally back on it.

Episode 2, "Heart of Darkness", is fantastic, probably one of the best of the season - with an unexpectedly impressive dramatic turn from Modern Family's Ed O'Neill - but off the back of that I was sorely reminded just how dodgy some of the acting from the supporting cast is in these early episodes. Especially Angelina in "Calderone's Return Part II", if only because she's one of the main characters.

Still, Vice is cool as f*ck. I feel like going out and buying a white linen suit (and then freezing my bollocks off, because it's November).

Don't forget the pink tank top and white Testarossa too.

Huggs

Huggs

Watched the "Ping Pong" episode of Everybody Loves Raymond while taking a break from housework.

Hoping to start the final season of "The Strain" tomorrow night. Still can't believe seasons 3 and 4 only got a dvd release. Just shameful.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Doctor Who S11 E8 "The Witchfinders"

That was bizarre, to say the least. Alan Cumming was hilarious, though.

toro

toro

Quote from: Huggs on Nov 26, 2018, 12:48:48 AM
Watched the "Ping Pong" episode of Everybody Loves Raymond while taking a break from housework.

Hoping to start the final season of "The Strain" tomorrow night. Still can't believe seasons 3 and 4 only got a dvd release. Just shameful.

i have to start season four too, haven't mustered the courage yet after what that stupid kid did in the finale of s3

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 27, 2018, 10:55:03 PM

My Nubian Prince lol

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 21, 2018, 09:37:29 AM
Miami Vice S1 E2-5

You're a Miami Vice fan?  My man!

I'm not a huge fan of Hearts of Darkness, but these are my 5 favorite episodes of Season One (in order):

1) Brother's Keeper (Pilot)
2) Evan
3) Calderone's Return I & II (counting as one)
4) Rites of Passage
5) Lombard

* Runner Up: Milk Run

There are some meh episodes, but when Miami Vice was firing on all cylinders, nothing still beats it!

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 28, 2018, 02:52:48 PMYou're a Miami Vice fan?  My man!

"Ju goddit, mang."

On which note:

Miami Vice S1 E6-11

The show's still a little rough around the edges, but it's definitely finding its feet. The only one of these I'm not so keen on is "Glades", featuring a random jaunt into the everglades where Crockett and Tubbs help some good ol' boys rescue a witness' daughter who's been kidnapped by some other good ol' boys. There's even an old dude with no teeth who plays the fiddle and kills drug dealers with a blunderbuss. Yeah, it's random as shit, and doesn't really do it for me.

Otherwise these are solid. Highlights from this batch include "One Eyed Jack", which introduces Edward James Olmos to the show as Castillo - the role I will forever love him for - and as an added bonus features Dennis Farina playing a racketeering mob boss; "No Exit", which features a pre-fame Bruce Willis as a vile, wife-beating arms dealer (because just being an arms dealer wouldn't make him shitty enough, I guess); and "Give a Little, Take a Little", which is among my favourites from the entire series, mostly because it hints at how f*cking bleak things would get later on (I think I must be a sadist at heart, because the episodes where shitty things happen to the best people tend to be my favourites lol).

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 28, 2018, 02:52:48 PMThere are some meh episodes, but when Miami Vice was firing on all cylinders, nothing still beats it!

I'll be the first to admit some of the episodes are complete shite, but when Miami Vice got it right (which, more often than not, it did), it really was one hell of a show. It also somehow manages to feel utterly unique even today, despite how often its been imitated since.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 28, 2018, 02:52:48 PM4) Rites of Passage

Christ, that one manged to stop Foreigner's "I Want to Know What Love Is" being a cheesy song for me. That's how amazing it is.

Baron Von Marlon

Two And A Half Men
At season 4. Charlie Waffles  ;D
Going pretty fast through the series. There's really nothing on tv so I often put it on in the background.
And it's a "warm" series which is nice during this shitty weather.

Blue Mountain State
First viewing since it's original airing. Still holds up.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Nov 28, 2018, 11:22:35 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 27, 2018, 10:55:03 PM

My Nubian Prince lol

Why does the lassie speak of commerce?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 28, 2018, 10:01:12 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 28, 2018, 02:52:48 PMYou're a Miami Vice fan?  My man!

"Ju goddit, mang."

On which note:

Miami Vice S1 E6-11

The show's still a little rough around the edges, but it's definitely finding its feet. The only one of these I'm not so keen on is "Glades", featuring a random jaunt into the everglades where Crockett and Tubbs help some good ol' boys rescue a witness' daughter who's been kidnapped by some other good ol' boys. There's even an old dude with no teeth who plays the fiddle and kills drug dealers with a blunderbuss. Yeah, it's random as shit, and doesn't really do it for me.

Yeah, that episode does have a few moments, but ultimately feels like something out of the Twilight Zone... even though it was close to an accurate depiction of certain parts of Florida in the 80's.

QuoteOtherwise these are solid. Highlights from this batch include "One Eyed Jack", which introduces Edward James Olmos to the show as Castillo - the role I will forever love him for - and as an added bonus features Dennis Farina playing a racketeering mob boss.

Yep, Dennis Farina plays Lombard and he's terrific. I believe Lombard is mentioned by name a few more times in various epiodes of Season One until he gets an episode of his own, the season finale aptly titled "Lombard" (one of my top 5).

Quote"No Exit", which features a pre-fame Bruce Willis as a vile, wife-beating arms dealer (because just being an arms dealer wouldn't make him shitty enough, I guess); and "Give a Little, Take a Little", which is among my favourites from the entire series, mostly because it hints at how f*cking bleak things would get later on (I think I must be a sadist at heart, because the episodes where shitty things happen to the best people tend to be my favourites lol).

Who knew Burt Young could be more of a slimeball than Paulie in Rocky?  :D

QuoteI'll be the first to admit some of the episodes are complete shite, but when Miami Vice got it right (which, more often than not, it did), it really was one hell of a show. It also somehow manages to feel utterly unique even today, despite how often its been imitated since.

Indeed. Totally unique!  Think about it.  It was so captivating, how many television shows can claim they actually had an Attraction at several Universal Studios parks worldwide!

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 28, 2018, 02:52:48 PM4) Rites of Passage

Christ, that one manged to stop Foreigner's "I Want to Know What Love Is" being a cheesy song for me. That's how amazing it is.

Yup. And Pam was outstanding in it!

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 29, 2018, 04:09:50 AMIndeed. Totally unique!  Think about it.  It was so captivating, how many television shows can claim they actually had an Attraction at several Universal Studios parks worldwide!

https://youtu.be/DE5s4ymOdfs

:laugh: I never knew they did a Vice one! I remember seeing the Waterworld and Indiana Jones shows when I went to Florida as a kid, they were awesome.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 29, 2018, 09:49:44 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 29, 2018, 04:09:50 AMIndeed. Totally unique!  Think about it.  It was so captivating, how many television shows can claim they actually had an Attraction at several Universal Studios parks worldwide!

https://youtu.be/DE5s4ymOdfs

:laugh: I never knew they did a Vice one! I remember seeing the Waterworld and Indiana Jones shows when I went to Florida as a kid, they were awesome.

That was Disney, but yeah I saw the Indiana Jones stunt show too. That was a lot of fun.  I didn't see/wasn't aware of Waterworld show though. I knew they had a Universal Studios Conan the Barbarian show - I wish I had seen that. Actually I think the only other stunt show I got to see was a Batman stunt show in Six Flags New Jersey, which was very cool.

The Miami Vice stunt show in Universal Orlando, Florida was more water/boat based, orchestrated in that big lagoon they had. Unfortunately I too only learned about it after it was closed.  That helicopter fight (seen towards the end of that video) would have been awesome to see in person! 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed