Last TV Show You Watched

Started by Predator Queen, Mar 29, 2011, 04:30:51 AM

Author
Last TV Show You Watched (Read 500,122 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I remember the days when Cartoon Network used to show Looney Tunes all the time.

Baron Von Marlon

I love Looney Tunes.
Too bad a lot of them got pulled out of circulation because they're considered offensive now. Like some Foghorn Leghorn cartoons. And Heckle & Jeckle.
I read that most black people were in favor of keeping them around too show how the world was back then.
They thought "deleting" them was worse because that's pretending it didn't happen.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 22, 2018, 12:19:03 AM
I remember the days when Cartoon Network used to show Looney Tunes all the time.
Cartoon Network from 1995-1999 was absolutely fabulous! How I greatly miss those TV days...

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Apr 22, 2018, 12:56:05 AM
I love Looney Tunes.
Too bad a lot of them got pulled out of circulation because they're considered offensive now. Like some Foghorn Leghorn cartoons. And Heckle & Jeckle.
I read that most black people were in favor of keeping them around too show how the world was back then.
They thought "deleting" them was worse because that's pretending it didn't happen.

My brother still has about 9 old VHS tapes full of the original Looney Tunes cartoons he taped off the TV during the early 80s. We used to watch them all the time. Some absolute classics in there. They were pure adult satire that probably went over most kids heads at the time.

Like you said though in this progressive era they are considered way to old school thinking.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Road Runner was always my favourite, closely followed by Tom & Jerry.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Duck Dodgers in the 24th and a half Century I always loved. But that was because I always watched Buck Rodgers on BBC2, so I think I got it more lol

Transformers Season 3 episodes 28-30
The Return of Optimus Prime I used to have on VHS. great 2 parter. The story would make a great proper movie

Transformers Season 4 Episodes 1-3
Well essentially the 3 part American finale. Rebirth. Headmasters, Targetmasters, new characters. Scorponok. F*** Yeah. went out on a High

Baron Von Marlon

Tex Avery has some great ones too. Like
The Big Bad (horny) Wolf

and Screwy Squirrel.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 23, 2018, 10:24:56 AM
Road Runner was always my favourite, closely followed by Tom & Jerry.

Love me some Road Runner. Wiley E. Coyote and his Acme contraptions are brilliant. Along with the classic falling down the canyon.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

[quote
Love me some Road Runner. Wiley E. Coyote and his Acme contraptions are brilliant. Along with the classic falling down the canyon.
[/quote]

Feel the same. Though I did have sympathy for his pain. I admired that he never gave up!

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Apr 23, 2018, 05:30:39 PM
Feel the same. Though I did have sympathy for his pain. I admired that he never gave up!

Seen this?

Prez

Prez

Lost in Space
Season 1 Episode 7.

Ok this show started out promising but has turned into a rather boring, tepid affair to be honest. It's way too grounded in reality where as I feel the bold, vibrant fantasy sci-fi of the original TV show and 98 film would've suited better.

Spoiler

The whole premise of the original show was a family stranded, isolated in space. The fact this series has other families stranded makes it feel a lot less other worldly and not as desperate. It feels like colonists on the wild frontier.

Another thing is the fact it's trying oh so hard to emulate the `real' science of shows like TNG by having the mother solving everything with her rocket science nous. I'm no misogynist but man the father (who is ex military) is made to look rather useless at times. Yay for the SJW cliche. Gets very boring, very quickly.

Lastly Posey Parker is really bloody annoying. Her Dr Smith isn't half as interesting as those served by Jonathan Harris or Gary Oldham.

That said it's a good cast and the kids and Don West are interesting enough.

Anyway it better pickup soon or I'm giving it the flick.
[close]

Vertigo

Vertigo

I loved it, personally.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Vertigo on Apr 25, 2018, 11:22:24 AM
I loved it, personally.

Spoiler
Interesting enough the season finale ending almost hints at the show actually following the original story more ... perhaps I might need to give it another whirl on season 2.
[close]

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Hell's Kitchen Season 18 episodes 15-16

Babylon 5 Season 5 Episode 22
The end of the story and one of the best final episodes ever. Just fantastic. although pick could have saved it as they are showing the 4 remaining TV movies (no word on Excalibur yet) that take place between episode 21 and 22 of this season. They did the other TV movies in the right place only to fall at the final hurdle lol

Baron Von Marlon

Ash Vs Evil Dead, season 3, episodes 1-5
Groovy, baby!

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Apr 26, 2018, 11:34:25 AM
Hell's Kitchen Season 18 episodes 15-16

Babylon 5 Season 5 Episode 22
The end of the story and one of the best final episodes ever. Just fantastic. although pick could have saved it as they are showing the 4 remaining TV movies (no word on Excalibur yet) that take place between episode 21 and 22 of this season. They did the other TV movies in the right place only to fall at the final hurdle lol

I cried watching that episode way back when it aired here on Australian TV back in the late 90s. Wow. What a show. What an ending.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed