Last TV Show You Watched

Started by Predator Queen, Mar 29, 2011, 04:30:51 AM

Author
Last TV Show You Watched (Read 500,058 times)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Watched the two first episodes of Suburgatory. It's pretty decent. :)

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

The marathon of Breaking Bad that's on AMC at the moment.

AUGH, MY HEART; IT HURTS.

DJ Pu$$yface

DJ Pu$$yface

Quote from: Amaterasu on Jun 22, 2013, 08:01:19 AM

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Quote from: DJ Pu$$yface on Jun 22, 2013, 08:33:21 AM

This show, so much emotional stress and heartbreak. :'3

DJ Pu$$yface

DJ Pu$$yface

Quote from: Amaterasu on Jun 22, 2013, 08:39:32 AM

Yes. <3

And when in doubt -
Spoiler
F*ck Ted
[close]

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Quote from: DJ Pu$$yface on Jun 22, 2013, 09:04:36 AM
Quote from: Amaterasu on Jun 22, 2013, 08:39:32 AM

Yes. <3

And when in doubt -
Spoiler
F*ck Ted
[close]

Damn straight.

Nightmare Asylum

Lost S1E10-14 'Raised by Another', 'All the Best Cowboys Have Daddy Issues', 'Whatever the Case May Be', 'Hearts and Minds', and 'Special'

Best batch of episodes yet.  'All the Best Cowboys Have Daddy Issues' had my heart racing (if you've seen the show you know what scene I'm talking about), 'Hearts and Minds' had some fantastic twists, and 'Special' gave me a whole new appreciation for Michael and made me very interested in Walt. And that final cliffhanger left me on the edge of my seat.

I'm watching the show with two friends; one like me who hasn't seen it, and one who is a huge fan (this is his third viewing of the series). I'm sure he's getting a kick out of my reactions :D

Despite being new to all of this and not yet knowing much about the island, I'm really digging the mythology behind this show. Very interested to see just how 'grounded' it stays; I can definitely see things taking a more spiritual, BSG-esque route.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 24, 2013, 04:06:01 AM
Lost S1E10-14 'Raised by Another', 'All the Best Cowboys Have Daddy Issues', 'Whatever the Case May Be', 'Hearts and Minds', and 'Special'

Best batch of episodes yet.  'All the Best Cowboys Have Daddy Issues' had my heart racing (if you've seen the show you know what scene I'm talking about), 'Hearts and Minds' had some fantastic twists, and 'Special' gave me a whole new appreciation for Michael and made me very interested in Walt. And that final cliffhanger left me on the edge of my seat.

I'm watching the show with two friends; one like me who hasn't seen it, and one who is a huge fan (this is his third viewing of the series). I'm sure he's getting a kick out of my reactions :D

Despite being new to all of this and not yet knowing much about the island, I'm really digging the mythology behind this show. Very interested to see just how 'grounded' it stays; I can definitely see things taking a more spiritual, BSG-esque route.

...Damn straight, bro!

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 24, 2013, 04:06:01 AM
Season Two completely erupts (...) in mythology and science fiction elements, season 3 begins dealing with them, and then season 4 does it again... times infinity-- literally. It's the greatest.

As strange as it sounds, it's kind of unfortunate that you're also watching it with somebody who hasn't seen it yet, because that may prevent you from watching the show at as fast a pace as you'd like; it's probably the best show one could ever marathon.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Is it true that the infamous smoke monster turns out to be
Spoiler
...an ancient evil magician spirit at war with his brother on the island or something?
[close]

Because if that really is the case, it is the dumbest f**king reveal I have ever read.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jun 24, 2013, 04:35:54 AM
Season Two completely erupts (...) in mythology and science fiction elements, season 3 begins dealing with them, and then season 4 does it again... times infinity-- literally. It's the greatest.

As strange as it sounds, it's kind of unfortunate that you're also watching it with somebody who hasn't seen it yet, because that may prevent you from watching the show at as fast a pace as you'd like; it's probably the best show one could ever marathon.

Very, very excited for what's coming up in the later seasons then.

And yeah, I definitely get what you're saying about marathoning it. But at least if we keep going at the rate we're going we should still be able to get together a few times a week and watch four or five episodes at a time, schedules permitting. :)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Breaking Bad S1E07 "A No-Rough-Stuff-Type Deal"

Fantastic finale for the first season. I'd forgotten how much things had changed since then, how small everything started.

Off to start Season 2 sometime soon.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 24, 2013, 04:50:28 AM
Is it true that the infamous smoke monster turns out to be
Spoiler
...an ancient evil magician spirit at war with his brother on the island or something?
[close]

Because if that really is the case, it is the dumbest f**king reveal I have ever read.
Spoiler
An anti-hero of sorts thrown into a pit of dimensional endlessness by his brother for an act that he thought would free them both; this just causes him to be regurgitated by it, coming out as the massive black cloud, with strange elecromagnetic properties and takes the form of other people that have died. Neither is wholly 'good', but they're represented by black and white, parallel to be drawn is that they're both grey and the time on the island under it's quantum rifts have caused them both to transcend in a way that binds them to it, yadda yadda, it's not a reveal unless you watch the show for proper context... and there's a lot the show gives to go off of.

There's no simple way to explain it to somebody that hasn't seen the show, especially considering that at the point this is shown, it's the penultimate episode of the series, after six seasons.
[close]

DJ Pu$$yface

DJ Pu$$yface

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jun 24, 2013, 06:45:08 AM
Breaking Bad S1E07 "A No-Rough-Stuff-Type Deal"

Fantastic finale for the first season. I'd forgotten how much things had changed since then, how small everything started.

Off to start Season 2 sometime soon.

The end rook me by surprise. As all of the finales do.

It's interesting to look back and see how different it was, the scale of it and how Walter has changed.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jun 24, 2013, 06:48:27 AM
Spoiler
An anti-hero of sorts thrown into a pit of dimensional endlessness by his brother for an act that he thought would free them both; this just causes him to be regurgitated by it, coming out as the massive black cloud, with strange elecromagnetic properties and takes the form of other people that have died. Neither is wholly 'good', but they're represented by black and white, parallel to be drawn is that they're both grey and the time on the island under it's quantum rifts have caused them both to transcend in a way that binds them to it, yadda yadda, it's not a reveal unless you watch the show for proper context... and there's a lot the show gives to go off of.

There's no simple way to explain it to somebody that hasn't seen the show, especially considering that at the point this is shown, it's the penultimate episode of the series, after six seasons.
[close]
.....yeaaaaaaaah, this show is not for me.

When you are left with task of solving the identity of a simple smoke monster, and that overwrought hokum, complete with elementary light/dark symbolism just cuz, is what you come up with -- no.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed