Last TV Show You Watched

Started by Predator Queen, Mar 29, 2011, 04:30:51 AM

Author
Last TV Show You Watched (Read 505,297 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 03, 2013, 02:03:20 PM
Battlestar Galactica S3E18-20 'The Son Also Rises', 'Crossroads, Part 1', and 'Crossroads, Part 2'

HOLY.

FRAKING.

SHIT.

I'm in shock. I was literally on my feet during the ending of the episode.

HUGE SPOILERS right here:

Spoiler
Spoiler
After 'Malestrom' I could tell that Starbuck wasn't dead, and I could tell by the way that this episode was going that she would pop up again by the end. But my God, that final scene. And the stuff with Tigh, Chief, Sam, and Roslin's secretary (her name is slipping my mind) that led up to it....my jaw was on the floor.

The ending montage, with everyone resuming their positions, left me with shivers running down my spine. And the music just made everything all the more powerful.
[close]
[close]
God yes. YES. YES!!!

And now you get to Season 4; man -- it's just a frakkin' crescendo till the end.

I just come out of 'Six of One' and 'The Ties that Bind' (S4). Former is one of my favourites of the series. You'll see why.

First Blood

First Blood

BSG became a love affair with me when they started quoting lyrics to a Jimi Hendrix song and all met in the same room. Simply brilliant.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

And it all goes into the series' themes too!
Spoiler
Lyrics from the song are literally incarnated into aspects of certain characters. I.e. in 'Six of One' Natalie says to Cavil that he feels all their existences are just a big joke; "There are many here among us who feel that life is but a joke," indeed.
[close]

And it was a love affair for me the moment I saw Kara Thrace.

And then Cylons.

Jussayin.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Firefly - 'War Stories'

I did not think it was possible to fit that much awesome inside 45 minutes.

Getting close to the end, now.

First Blood

First Blood

Are you gonna cap it off with a viewing of Serenity? ;D

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: TJ Doc on Jun 03, 2013, 05:47:39 PM
Firefly - 'War Stories'

I did not think it was possible to fit that much awesome inside 45 minutes.

Getting close to the end, now.

Awesome! What'd you think of 'Out of Gas'?

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Very emotional! Even knowing there's still half the series and a movie left, it's hard to watch everything fall apart like that.   

Quote from: First Blood on Jun 03, 2013, 05:49:12 PM
Are you gonna cap it off with a viewing of Serenity? ;D

I think I'll have to at this rate.

Lie

Lie

Lost girl, Evil Kenzi! ;D

Shasvre

Shasvre

Dexter - Season 2

Probably the best season of the show. The reveal of the Bay Harbor Butcher, Lundy, the manhunt and Doakes closing in on Dexter was just so f**king thrilling to watch.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

One of the best seasons of television, period.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Doctor Who - Series 5

The Time of Angels
Flesh and Stone

Two really good episodes, and to be honest, quite scary. Those angels... :o

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

You should watch the Angels' first episode, "Blink." It's the Alien to "The Time of Angels"'s Aliens.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jun 04, 2013, 12:42:11 AM
You should watch the Angels' first episode, "Blink." It's the Alien to "The Time of Angels"'s Aliens.

Will check that out. :)

Oh, and I forgot to mention that it was awesome having Iain Glen make a guest appearance.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I'm glad you're enjoying Series 5. Quite possibly my favourite of the Who Series, and it served as my introduction into the show.

You should really go back and give the rest of it a go. The first few of Series 1 are kinda weak, but it gets damn good around the midway mark.

Nightmare Asylum

Battlestar Galactica 'Razor Flashbacks'

Apart from the beginning and the ending, all of these websiodes were just scenes from the extended version of Razor. Still, its cool seeing young Adama in action.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed