Last TV Show You Watched

Started by Predator Queen, Mar 29, 2011, 04:30:51 AM

Author
Last TV Show You Watched (Read 505,395 times)

Snowdog

Snowdog

Quote from: ShadowPred on Apr 01, 2013, 06:19:15 AM
Walking Dead Season 3 Finale

4/10

Disappointing finale. The laziness was clear, writers had no idea what to do with a certain character, so they do the obvious. They had no idea how to write how a group would survive against a much larger force...the result was something so lazy, that I should have f**king stopped watching altogether.

Yeah it was pretty bad. Wouldn't even mind if it was canceled right now and this was the series finale. This show has no end goal. It's just a group of people surviving one shitty situation after another.. Not saying that I hate it but the writing and characters are so inconsistent.

The game of thrones episode on the other hand was pretty amazing. Loved how they handled the
Spoiler
white walker fight. Just through Sam's perspective with him escaping and getting saved by the nights watch. Not actually showing the the fight itself. Also the big reveal at the end was pretty awesome :D
[close]
can't wait for next week!!!

First Blood

First Blood

Episode Four of the highly acclaimed Top of the Lake and it's excellent. I really enjoyed the opening of the episode. The dinner scene between Al and Robin was very good. That's a relationship I look forward to seeing more of. This really was Elizabeth Ross' episode. She's f**king amazing in it. The scene at the bar is another stand out moment. The story behind what happened to her only enhances that scene and makes it so much better. Then they tease another revelation involving Johnno but don't reveal what happened. Goddamn it!

And Peter Mullan goes batshit insane in this one.

You DON'T put de' cups back properly! De' handles face OUT!

But...

Spoiler
...the show needs more GJ. >:(
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

I was actually about to watch the first three episodes myself. Good to know there's a fourth one out already in case I like it. :)

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Shasvre on Apr 02, 2013, 03:01:32 PM
I was actually about to watch the first three episodes myself. Good to know there's a fourth one out already in case I like it. :)

It's so good. Fourth Episode has to be my favorite so far.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Just watched the first episode. Eh, I don't know. So far I've found it somewhat boring, slow and bleak. I might give it another episode, but I don't think this is a show for me. :-\

Vickers

Vickers

Revenge
Season 2 Episode 18: Masquerade

I love this show so much. It's an intense journey filled with grey characters. What I really find refreshing on the show is the dynamic between various characters. There is a campy, soap opera element to the show but, somehow, it works.

Episode 18 was really theatrical and got the ball rolling and ready to wrap up certain story arcs over the next 4 episodes. It was beautifully written and made a wonderful reference to the first season. The episode's major location - the Grayson Manor masquerade party - was shot really well and perfectly captured the campy, yet authentic, spirit of the show. I'm so thankful the director didn't go the typical route with the half-masks - "Oh no, that person is covering half their face, so I don't recognise them." The masks (and sometimes removal of the masks) merely served as a metaphor. One particular moment that worked really well was when a character was sitting maskless listening to a conversation between two people (just around the corner) who too had their masks off.

My only concern at this point is that the show needs to wrap things up. I think one more season would be long enough to give everything closure. A fourth season would be pushing it (in terms of quality) but is still doable. Anything beyond a fourth season would just kill the pacing of the show.

I still need to watch Top of the Lake (which I left for too late last night). :'(

Cvalda

Cvalda

Top of the Lake - episode 4

Jesus Christ.
The symbolism is still a bit too on the nose at times, but this is some powerfully bleak stuff -- from David Wenham possibly date raping Elisabeth Moss to a brutal revelation from her character's past -- and other revelations only hinted at -- this show is Campion at peak form. And the amusing scene where she indulges in some light self-parody with a mute character who evokes Holly Hunter in The Piano almost gets away with itself. Speaking of Holly Hunter, no GJ this episode >:( Ugh, next week is gonna be an eternity to wait for :'(

And I cannot stress how beautiful the visuals are:

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 03, 2013, 03:35:56 AM

Jesus Christ.
The symbolism is still a bit too on the nose at times, but this is some powerfully bleak stuff -- from David Wenham possibly date raping Elisabeth Moss to a brutal revelation from her character's past -- and other revelations only hinted at -- this show is Campion at peak form. And the amusing scene where she indulges in some light self-parody with a mute character who evokes Holly Hunter in The Piano almost gets away with itself. Speaking of Holly Hunter, no GJ this episode >:( Ugh, next week is gonna be an eternity to wait for :'(

What is that show even about?

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 03, 2013, 03:35:56 AM

Jesus Christ.

Peter Mullen was f**king awesome, you forgot to add that.

Quote from: Cal427eb on Apr 03, 2013, 03:36:39 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkSfUYoiRM0#ws

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Cal427eb on Apr 03, 2013, 03:36:39 AM
A 12 year old girl tries to kill herself. Turns out she's five months pregnant. A female detective is assigned to the case. Also, there's a commune of damaged middle aged women led by Holly Hunter as their kind of cult leader guru. And other stuff.

It's awesome.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Sounds like my kind of show.

I wonder if it's on On Demand...

Cvalda

Cvalda

It is. Sundance Channel On Demand.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Niceee. I'll try to start it tomorrow.

First Blood

First Blood

Enjoy.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Just be warned: it's not "fun". It's dark and moody and heavy on atmosphere.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed