12 (29.3%)
Simply Terrible
21 (51.2%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author
Pacific Rim films (Read 953,262 times)

Eva

Eva

Oh hi, it's your favorite contributor in this thread again. :)

Quote from: Master on Aug 12, 2013, 07:53:37 AM
The one Slattern survived was bigest nuke ever made...

Was this established in the film or are people just making this up on their own... like the category 8 kaijus, just waiting to be released on us? :D

If were gonna draw real physics into this, no living organisms survive a point blank range nuke detonation. The shock wave alone from an underwater detonation of that magnitude, will instantly collapse all your internal organs, vaporize your blood, melt your physical body and compress your brain into a pea. The film clearly demonstrates that these creatures have blood, brains etc. just like we do. Kaiju or human... makes no difference.... instant death from nuke.

As for the discussion about homages/rip offs, just look at The Thing prequel or Superman Returns if you want a demonstration of how homaging pre-existing films, can completely sink a new film.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

If you want to bring real physics into this.. a being of the size of any kaiju in this film just wouldnt be able to support it's own weight. :P

Aspie

Aspie

Finish them, Eva. Show no mercy.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Because you have analyzed its tissues and structure down to the last detail.

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 12, 2013, 12:41:25 PM
Quote from: Xenomorphine on Aug 11, 2013, 11:41:58 PM
You like its effects? Cool. The other film had pretty CGI, too. I rated Idris Elba's turn as about on the same level as Jon Voigt's. I did, however, find the older film's music more memorable and emotionally engaging. No masterpiece, but neither was 'Jurassic Park' - just fun entertainment.

I don't mean to jack here, but Jurassic Park was a definite masterpiece. It revolutionized movies as it proved CG was something worth exploring and the direction was spot-on.

my....my lungs....

ooooowwwwwwww

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Quote from: Aspie on Aug 12, 2013, 08:08:45 PM
You like its effects? Cool. The other film had pretty CGI, too. I rated Idris Elba's turn as about on the same level as Jon Voigt's. I did, however, find the older film's music more memorable and emotionally engaging. No masterpiece, but neither was 'Jurassic Park' - just fun entertainment.

I don't mean to jack here, but Jurassic Park was a definite masterpiece. It revolutionized movies as it proved CG was something worth exploring and the direction was spot-on.

my....my lungs....

ooooowwwwwwww

Doesn't think Jurassic Park is a masterpiece...

Wow.

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Blacklabel on Aug 12, 2013, 07:57:21 PM
If you want to bring real physics into this.. a being of the size of any kaiju in this film just wouldnt be able to support it's own weight. :P

Oh, I see... so when people use examples/knowledge from real world applications to defend the premise of Pacific Rim as sound, that's ok. When you do the exact same to question the premise of Pacific Rim instead, you're being irrational or something...? :D

Quote from: Omegazilla on Aug 12, 2013, 07:59:11 PM

No. But they clearly die from blunt force and stabbings and if there's one thing a underwater nuke detonation delivers more than a 100 Jaegers combined, it is blunt force. ;)

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: Dovahkiin on Aug 12, 2013, 08:11:52 PM
Quote from: Aspie on Aug 12, 2013, 08:08:45 PM

my....my lungs....

ooooowwwwwwww

Doesn't think Jurassic Park is a masterpiece...

Wow.

omgggg I can't breathe

Master

Master

Quote from: Eva on Aug 12, 2013, 07:53:15 PM
Oh hi, it's your favorite contributor in this thread again. :)

Quote from: Master on Aug 12, 2013, 07:53:37 AM
The one Slattern survived was bigest nuke ever made...

Was this established in the film or are people just making this up on their own... like the category 8 kaijus, just waiting to be released on us? :D

If were gonna draw real physics into this, no living organisms survive a point blank range nuke detonation. The shock wave alone from an underwater detonation of that magnitude, will instantly collapse all your internal organs, vaporize your blood, melt your physical body and compress your brain into a pea. The film clearly demonstrates that these creatures have blood, brains etc. just like we do. Kaiju or human... makes no difference.... instant death from nuke.

As for the discussion about homages/rip offs, just look at The Thing prequel or Superman Returns if you want a demonstration of how homaging pre-existing films, can completely sink a new film.

Have you seen this movie???

Quote from: Blacklabel on Aug 12, 2013, 07:57:21 PM

This

Quote from: Omegazilla on Aug 12, 2013, 07:59:11 PM

And this

Either we go by the movie logic or real world logic. Just don`t pick what fits your theory and call other dumb and making stuff up.

Aspie

Aspie

Lets all just agree that Pacific Rim's science is on par with Transformers.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Quote from: Eva on Aug 12, 2013, 08:14:18 PM
Oh, I see... so when people use examples/knowledge from real world applications to defend the premise of Pacific Rim as sound, that's ok. When you do the exact same to question the premise of Pacific Rim instead, you're being irrational or something...? :D

I just think people doing hard work in attacking or defending the premise of the film are wasting their time, really. Most people who love the film already know it doesnt make 100% water and bullet proof sense... and they dont care. :P

All of you would do better to spend your time attacking or defending the logic of films with actual pretensions of being incredibly realistic. :P

Rong

Rong

Quote from: Aspie on Aug 12, 2013, 08:26:32 PM
Lets all just agree that aspies trolling is on par with Michael bays

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Quote from: Rong on Aug 12, 2013, 08:28:44 PM
Quote from: Aspie on Aug 12, 2013, 08:26:32 PM
Lets all just agree that aspies trolling is on par with Michael bays

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Eva

Eva

:laugh:

Why didn't you just answer the question I asked, Master, instead of a butthurt response like that? Did the movie logic establish it or didn't it?

When have I ever called someone here dumb?

Dr. Grant....... Aspie
The kids........ everybody else here

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

jurassic park.. now there's another film with a bulletproof premise. :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed