21 (51.2%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author
Pacific Rim films (Read 953,923 times)

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: KNIGHT on Jun 08, 2013, 03:18:24 AM
Quote from: Magegg on Jun 08, 2013, 03:15:48 AM
I just read the Pacific Rim sequel is confirmed, it will be a crossover with Prometheus and be titled "Evangelion".

Cause no one has made that joke before.
I don't care if someone said it before, I didn't copy from anyone.

Samayel

Samayel

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Motherfrak... that book WILL be mine.

Samayel

Samayel

Kool eh? Pre-ordered mine from Amazon.

Apparently it includes a couple of posters and a few other bits and peices.

Sylizar

Sylizar

I need it.

Requiem28

Requiem28

Quote from: Samayel on Jun 08, 2013, 04:00:15 AM
TV spot #4.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=105217

Edit: small pic from the upcoming art book.

Spoiler

THOSE MAQUETTES.

I will definately be picking up NECA's figures though.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Sweet. I will most likely purchase the book.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Samayel on Jun 08, 2013, 04:00:15 AM
Edit: small pic from the upcoming art book.

Spoiler

Mehhh... While the robots-versus-monsters-with-a-really-big-budget concept is cool, I've yet to see a single creature design from this film which has impressed me. Was hoping to see something really special by now, but they're all kind of generic. :-\ And, considering the director's other films, the lack of those Lovecraftian aesthetics kind of surprises me.

Not saying it's going to be a bad movie or anything. Just that this aspect of it frustrates me.

NotSafeZone

NotSafeZone

I'm pretty sure Del Toro said at one point he'd be keeping the Lovecraft influence out on this outing; add to it that this film's enemies were advertised as kaiju since day one, and the end result is that you were really only setting yourself up for disappointment if you were expecting the likes of a Shoggoth.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

The Kaiju in this are meant to invoke the "man in suit aesthetic"... so no far out stuff.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Blacklabel on Jun 10, 2013, 01:15:20 AM
The Kaiju in this are meant to invoke the "man in suit aesthetic"...
...so naturally they were all done in CGI :P

NotSafeZone

NotSafeZone

Implying that the "man in suit aesthetic" can only be accomplished with a man in a suit...

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Just some pics of Kojima and Del Toro that the former posted on Twitter:

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Blacklabel on Jun 10, 2013, 01:15:20 AM
The Kaiju in this are meant to invoke the "man in suit aesthetic"... so no far out stuff.

You can have a guy in a suit and still have the suit look spectacularly inhuman. Especially for the head. The two film series this site is about prove that. :) Hell, look at the practical designs ADI did for 'The Thing' prequel - lots of man-in-suit stuff!

Why you would deliberately want to go down the 'generic humanoid monster' route, when the point of this is to do it with the kind of budget and techniques which weren't available in the fifties and sixties...  I dunno', seems like a contradiction/wasted opportunity to me.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jun 10, 2013, 11:58:24 AM
You can have a guy in a suit and still have the suit look spectacularly inhuman. Especially for the head. The two film series this site is about prove that. :)
Not really :-\ The Predator really is just a guy with no nose or ears and a messed up mouth. Well executed, sure, but spectacularly inhuman is difficult to argue when the actor's own eyes are used for the creature's. The Alien's head might be inhuman, but the rest of it is basically a dude who got thrown up on by a car. Beautifully artistically done, of course, but still unquestionably a dude in a suit.

QuoteHell, look at the practical designs ADI did for 'The Thing' prequel - lots of man-in-suit stuff!
Most of which required extensive CGI additions or rig removals anyway.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed