Arnold eyes new Predator script

Started by Bat Chain Puller, Mar 07, 2011, 01:07:33 AM

Author
Arnold eyes new Predator script (Read 48,451 times)

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: predxeno on Mar 07, 2011, 06:58:01 AM
Yeah you're probably right, but he didn't turn into a vegetable or get locked away.

I've read somewhere that Dutch was turned into a vegetable and locked away.

Unless I'm thinking the novel Concrete Jungle.

-Rakai'Thwei

DJ Pu$$yface

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Mar 07, 2011, 07:01:56 AM
Yeah you're probably right, but he didn't turn into a vegetable or get locked away.

-Rakai'Thwei

If I cared about EU I would be upset... but I don't, so there you go. Dutch is out there somewhere.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: DJ CyberPu$$y on Mar 07, 2011, 07:09:02 AM
If I cared about EU I would be upset... but I don't, so there you go. Dutch is out there somewhere.

I tend to read a lot of A/P/AvP material. I was merely confused which one mentioned that Dutch was locked away from is all.

-Rakai'Thwei

DJ Pu$$yface

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Mar 07, 2011, 07:14:31 AM
Quote from: DJ CyberPu$$y on Mar 07, 2011, 07:09:02 AM

I tend to read a lot of A/P/AvP material. I was merely confused which one mentioned that Dutch was locked away from is all.

-Rakai'Thwei

Depends on what you view as canon I guess. Either way, Dutch's fate might be revealed in a movie one day.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: DJ CyberPu$$y on Mar 07, 2011, 09:34:31 AM
Depends on what you view as canon I guess. Either way, Dutch's fate might be revealed in a movie one day.

I know for a fact that Anderson wanted him in AvP for a cameo. That would've been nice and made some sense.

-Rakai'Thwei

DJ Pu$$yface

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Mar 07, 2011, 09:44:12 AM
Quote from: DJ CyberPu$$y on Mar 07, 2011, 09:34:31 AM

I know for a fact that Anderson wanted him in AvP for a cameo. That would've been nice and made some sense.

-Rakai'Thwei

It would have been nice if AVP was ANY good.

AncientPred

I think the last RAMBO movie proved you can have an older action actor come back and make it work. The way they did it with RAMBO was they brought in the group of younger mercs as support. So the situation itself dropped in laughability. A similar thing could be done with Arnold, you already have the survivors from PREDATORS on the planet. You could bring in a few more, maybe 1 or 2 aliens as well.

Keith

Keith

When this "news" makes the front page of AVPGalaxy, then I'll give it some credence.

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Mar 07, 2011, 07:01:56 AM

-Rakai'Thwei

I don't remember reading that in Concrete Jungle, either.

Original Predator

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Mar 07, 2011, 02:15:08 AM
While I agree that Arnold shouldn't be the action hero in another predator film, i'd love to hear what happened to Dutch - perhaps even with a sizable role from Arnold, just not as the focus. I get a little tired of the franchise having these people go to so much trouble and kill the Predator(s), only to have an ambiguous fate afterwards. What's the point of having the human win if we're not actually allowed to feel like they lived happily ever after?

Exactly!!!!

This is excellent news.

I've been waiting for this for a loooooooooooong time.

You don't kill a Pred, have the Gov't cover it up and then pretend or tell the fans of the franchise that there is no consequence to it.

It's ludicrious and is a huuuuuuge whole in the whole story.

Dutch or Harrigan's "fate" should not be ignored or forgotten.

Aliens did it correctly using Ripley's "experience" to grow and continue the story, which is what a TRUE sequel does.

I will never forget Dutch nor Harrigan until I'm shown reason to believe so.

I'm not going to "pretend" like the Govt agencies don't know about Preds anymore, or pretend like Dutch and Harrigan never killed a Pred.

Waaaaay to many cool and exploreable questions opened up with the death of the Preds that were killed and not one has been touched on.

Instead we are supposed to pretend to let it start all over again with new unsuspecting characters.

Get real.

Dutch and/or Harrigan are still alive the Gov't knows about the Preds.  Let's not ignore those HUGE FACTS.

Get this done!!!

And let this be clear I'm not advocating Arnold to come back as an "Action" hero to fight a Pred again. I've already posted my idea multiple times in here to have Dutch be in a "support" "advocate"/"intelligence" type role helping a new "hero" defeat a Pred, that's on the hunt.

Because yes the Reality is that Arnold is not going to be believable as an buff action star at this point.

But a grizzled, old, tough, seculded vet is believable with Dutch.

Original Predator

Or we can just feed the Trolls and give them a meaningless remake of Pred or why not another AVP???

dandan

dandan

i also heard he is coming back for the new terminator film aswell lol

ridetofight

this quote is taken completely out of context - he was "asked to elaborate on 3 film scripts he was considering as his comeback film". he was saying that there were 15 possibilities, and how he mentions predator, and running man, and terminator - it sounds like a throwaway answer to me. he doesn't know. its not in development, he's considering it. amongst "15" other things.

DaddyYautja

Quote from: AncientPred on Mar 07, 2011, 10:50:18 AM
I think the last RAMBO movie proved you can have an older action actor come back and make it work. The way they did it with RAMBO was they brought in the group of younger mercs as support. So the situation itself dropped in laughability. A similar thing could be done with Arnold, you already have the survivors from PREDATORS on the planet. You could bring in a few more, maybe 1 or 2 aliens as well.

AVP3
There is a HUUUUUGEEEE Alien V Predator war in the future and they wake up Dutch who was sleeping in one of those sleeping chamber things and he proceeds to kick ass with the SPACE MARINES!!!!

Joe117

Joe117

Bam ^

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed