Prometheus FanArt

Started by Darkoo, Mar 04, 2011, 08:37:12 PM

Author
Prometheus FanArt (Read 522,332 times)

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

I'm starting to believe it. It's the most professional fake I've ever seen. Source images aside, it has a quality not found in most fan made posters.

ikarop

ikarop

Not really. There's a lot of things in that pic that scream fan-made. The way the images were blended, some mistakes that are revealed when you brighten the image. The printed image having white borders as if it was home printed. Size looks A4 too. It was clearly made by a fan. A fan with really nice photoshop skills.

nendo

nendo

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Aug 09, 2011, 05:36:17 AM
I don't understand why knowing where the pics come from make it a fake? It would make sense that they go to the source and use it as a backdrop. I don't know for sure of course but using Gigers images to make a poster about a film featuring Gigers images makes sense to me.j

Because Giger bar is unrelated to prometheus. Why use source material in a poster that's not connected to the film. The wall s are also completed different from what we have seen in leaked pics. The walls are less bone/spine than gigers work

Gash

Gash

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Aug 09, 2011, 02:40:36 PM
I'm starting to believe it. It's the most professional fake I've ever seen. Source images aside, it has a quality not found in most fan made posters.

Really? It's perhaps more conservative than a lot of fan posters but it doesn't look like an astoundingly convincing poster either. A design agency might conceivably be putting things together for fist round appraisal but i'd have thought any real poster ideas would be a way off yet when shooting is wrapped and when post production is mostly out of the way so that Ridley can give it his attention.

nendo

nendo

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Aug 09, 2011, 02:40:36 PM

the only thing that different is that it include the giger designs form his giger bar. There's nothing professional about it I'm afraid. it may be to your eyes but which i'll let you have but i personaly wouldn't call it a professional finish

AliensFan96

AliensFan96

Prometheus-movie.com confirmed that the poster there is a fake. But they got their hands on a new possible prometheus poster?

http://www.prometheus-movie.com/news/44

To me this one looks to be alot more official..

m138jewski

m138jewski

another fake? fake or not it looks awesome

m138jewski

m138jewski

wait, just read that it is confirmed a fake. still cool though

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

the above poster is a fake as well?

m138jewski

m138jewski

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Aug 10, 2011, 04:32:05 AM
the above poster is a fake as well?
yeah looks that way, unfortunately

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

Who told you or did the research to confirm it's a fake?

m138jewski

m138jewski

http://www.prometheus-movie.com/news/44

if you read the top paragraph it explains

m138jewski

m138jewski

shit, actually I misread that. the confirmed fake is the one with the giger hallway looking shit. this one has yet to be confirmed a fake so I guess we'll see

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Woah, that one cranks. Have my doubts though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed