Yes.
No.
Author
Hellboy (2019) (Read 115,530 times)

P-Rock

P-Rock

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Sep 06, 2019, 12:46:35 AM
f**king excellent, glad to hear it.
Especially all the new stuff, always loved the original Hellboy film.

What new stuff? A new introduction and a featurette?

Magegg

Magegg

Hellboy 1 is the best non-Marvel or DC superhero movie ever.

I just loved the whole movie, the whole script, and the Meyer character.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Ron Perlman via ComicBook Movie"The only thing that's stopping the third Hellboy film is the fact that Guillermo [del Toro] is one of the busiest guys in the business," the actor told us. "He couldn't do it with all the stuff he's got lined up even if wanted to. The two films had nothing to do with one another."

"The reboot was something I had the opportunity to participate in and decided that the only version of Hellboy I'm interested in is the one I do with Guillermo and so in walking away from it, I truly walked away from it, and haven't seen it or heard much about it," Perlman added. "I wished them well, but it was not in my bailiwick."

https://twitter.com/ComicBook_Movie/status/1275880431561388034

ace3g

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

If we're not getting a del Toro Hellboy 3 (which I know we're never going to get), how about instead of just endlessly doing half-baked live action reboots, they just take a page out of Spider-Verse's playbook and give us a big budget animated feature that actually tries to look and feel like Mignola's art?

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Guillermo Del Toro Hellboy or bust.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 17, 2023, 12:18:47 AMIf we're not getting a del Toro Hellboy 3 (which I know we're never going to get), how about instead of just endlessly doing half-baked live action reboots, they just take a page out of Spider-Verse's playbook and give us a big budget animated feature that actually tries to look and feel like Mignola's art?

Or an animated series that adapts both the Hellboy and BPRD books.

Prez

Prez

In a universe as rich as Mignola's Hellboy I think there are so many other non-Hellboy stories to tell. Give us a proper BPRD film for starters.

Magegg

Magegg

A B.P.R.D. Tv series would be a great idea. And you can have Hellboy there for some episodes (but not all).

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Magegg on Feb 18, 2023, 03:35:10 PMA B.P.R.D. Tv series would be a great idea. And you can have Hellboy there for some episodes (but not all).

Exactly.

Shasvre

Shasvre

'Hellboy: The Crooked Man' Will Be an R-Rated Folk Horror Movie [Exclusive]

https://collider.com/new-hellboy-reboot-r-rating-details/

Filming begins in April.

Quote"So first of all, I love the character of Hellboy and my favorite run of the character is this particular era. The GDT movies were massive scale space operas and just pure Del Toro through and through. But some of the comics Mike (Mignola) was doing at the time had a very different feeling. More lean and mean, creepy folk horror. A younger Hellboy, wandering the dark corners of the world... Paranormal investigator, night stalker... The Crooked Man in particular is just such an iconic book—written by Mike, drawn by Richard Corben, another legend. Set in the late 50s. For me it's my favorite version of the character. So the appeal of this one to me, is to go back to that and do a real reset, and really give us that version of Hellboy, which I just don't think we've seen yet."

"We've definitely had a discussion of, you know, it doesn't really serve anybody to make something R for R's sake. To say it has to be R so we have to add A, B and C. But this material, this original material is dark and scary and violent and adult. So in order to really embrace that, we just don't wanna have any handcuffs on."

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Millennium is still making this, so I remain skeptical.

Wweyland

Wweyland

That seems like the right direction, I would also hope for minimal dialogue and perhaps no "entry" character that is not Hellboy.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Shasvre on Feb 22, 2023, 02:52:31 AM'Hellboy: The Crooked Man' Will Be an R-Rated Folk Horror Movie [Exclusive]

https://collider.com/new-hellboy-reboot-r-rating-details/

Filming begins in April.

Quote"So first of all, I love the character of Hellboy and my favorite run of the character is this particular era. The GDT movies were massive scale space operas and just pure Del Toro through and through. But some of the comics Mike (Mignola) was doing at the time had a very different feeling. More lean and mean, creepy folk horror. A younger Hellboy, wandering the dark corners of the world... Paranormal investigator, night stalker... The Crooked Man in particular is just such an iconic book—written by Mike, drawn by Richard Corben, another legend. Set in the late 50s. For me it's my favorite version of the character. So the appeal of this one to me, is to go back to that and do a real reset, and really give us that version of Hellboy, which I just don't think we've seen yet."

"We've definitely had a discussion of, you know, it doesn't really serve anybody to make something R for R's sake. To say it has to be R so we have to add A, B and C. But this material, this original material is dark and scary and violent and adult. So in order to really embrace that, we just don't wanna have any handcuffs on."

Yeah this would be great if we already had GDT Hellboy 3, otherwise I will always petulantly resent whatever comes, no matter how good.

Prez

Prez

Hellboy 2 whilst enjoyable didn't hit the Mignola tone mark for me - it felt very much like a GDT film (and rightly understandable too given he was the helmer). But for me it just didn't sit right - hard to put a button on why but that was my personal thoughts.

It's why I wasn't particularly interested in another GDT Hellboy to be honest.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed