The Lovecraft Thread

Started by OmegaZilla, Jan 18, 2011, 06:33:16 PM

Author
The Lovecraft Thread (Read 193,231 times)

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Quote from: Blacklabel on Jun 20, 2014, 01:39:34 AM
One of the details Guy Davis wrote on the picture:

"Horse Teeth on tentacles"....

holy shit! :D Thumbs up.

He likes those extra mouths alright.  :laugh:

Here's his glorious Simpsons Kraken-Cthulhu

Sabby

Sabby

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Gilfryd

Sabby

Sabby

Thank you :)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I don't know if this was posted before, but this Cthulhu is similar to Space Jockey IMO

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

That is one seriously hardcore diver if he could go deep enough to find Cthulhu.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 23, 2014, 11:43:04 AM
That is one seriously hardcore diver if he could go deep enough to find Cthulhu.

Johnny Topside is at it again.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Never liked Cthulhu designs with an external mouth, or with the tentacles coming out of a fissure in the head -- it should feel like a mass of feelers.

I like Davis' design -- again with the exception of the tentacles coming out of the "mouth" fissure -- especially how he treats the wings like the fins of a manta ray. That's innovative compared to other renditions which tend to represent typical vertebrate wings (either skinned bird wings with membranes or bat wings), though I don't mind those.

Sabby

Sabby

I'm curious to see that. Could you link it?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Last page.

Cvalda

Cvalda

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I rewatched In The Mouth of Madness this past Saturday and introduced it to some new viewers. They'd never heard of Lovecraft before and they really liked the movie. It's always fun showing people the good stuff 8)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

They also learned one important lesson: Never ever ever, throw chips at a Driver.

Sabby

Sabby

There's actually decent Lovecraft films?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed