The Lovecraft Thread

Started by OmegaZilla, Jan 18, 2011, 06:33:16 PM

Author
The Lovecraft Thread (Read 193,219 times)

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

I just read The Call of Cthulhu...

I was expecting badass shit.

I got some badass shit.

That lil story rocks H A R D

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I love The Call of Cthulhu, it's my favourite story of his. Just so great. The climax gotta really some of the most intense pair of pages I've ever read. Just talking about it makes me want to read it again.
If you've not seen the silent film adaptation from the HPHS I recommend it. So good.

TheLoneSpoon

TheLoneSpoon

Oh God, I f**king love Lovecraft. I want to watch the silent film of The Call of Cthulhu but I can't find it anywhere. D:

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

^Send me a PM for that. :)

I read some stories during my vacation.
First one was From Aeons and I damn loved it until the end, which is great, but is not 'big' enough for the set-up. The concept of a creature petrifying you with just it being in front of you is terrifying as well. Very good.
The Man of Stone came next and I quite liked it, not big on the apocalypse trigger side but still very cool.
I didn't like, instead, The Mound, it's well flowing and all, but at the end I closed the book with a bad taste in mouth. May as well be the only story I won't read again.
Medusa's Coil was pretty cool, the final twist, though, didn't really do anything for me.

Started re-reading Mountains now. Ahhhh.

Pn2501

Pn2501

check out the rest at this guys deviantart.

http://drfaustusau.deviantart.com/gallery/32992770#

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Hahahahaha that's awesome. I almost thought that was for real!

lol, i'm going to check that out, but what is Cthulhu doing with his hands?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Gesturing to explain something or whatever.
Fantastic poster!

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Quote from: Pn2501 on Oct 11, 2011, 02:57:14 AM

check out the rest at this guys deviantart.

http://drfaustusau.deviantart.com/gallery/32992770#
I will eat humans in a box, I will eat humans with a fox.
I will eat humans with some ham, and then I will eat Sam I Am.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

That was really awesome, I love that guy was able to make it look very close to Dr. Seuss's artwork.

KirklandSignature

KirklandSignature

What book from the Cthulu mythos would you suggest for someone who has never read anything from Lovecraft?

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

The Dunwich Horror is a good intro into the mythos.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: KirklandSignature on Oct 23, 2011, 01:43:55 AM
What book from the Cthulu mythos would you suggest for someone who has never read anything from Lovecraft?

At the Mountains of Madness was my introduction, and it worked pretty well. Also my favourite Lovecraft tale.

Bloodcurdling Tale of Horror and the Macabre is a good place, as well. Has most of his classics in there.

The good thing about the Cthulhu mythos is that there's no linear storyline. You can sorta pick up anywhere.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed