The Lovecraft Thread

Started by OmegaZilla, Jan 18, 2011, 06:33:16 PM

Author
The Lovecraft Thread (Read 193,222 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Gimme subtitles and I'm down ;D

i just looked it up and it's apparently the sequel to a movie called La herencia Valdemar (The Valdemar Legacy)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1-vBOgY2Bk#ws

also a poster showing ol'd tentacle face in the flesh

SM

SM

Something about that poster says "sweet".

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: AvatarIII on Mar 01, 2011, 10:26:20 AM
also a poster showing ol'd tentacle face in the flesh
http://www.joblo.com/images_arrownews/forbiddenshadow.jpg
Sweet poster! I like this take on the character.

As for me, I've had the time today to finish up 'The Horror in the Museum' and quickly go for 'Curse of Yig'.

'The Horror in the Museum' was great. Loved it. The story and pacing were solid, creepy and unsettling. When Rogers revealed that some of his sculptures were 'real', I already expected a twist like that, but not on the lines the story gives off. Really creepy.
'The Curse of Yig' wasn't as good, and in fact, could've been a lot better. It felt like it was... I don't know, developed to its full potential. Loved the twist at the end though.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I finished The Rats in the Walls last night. It confused me even more than The Outsider. Do you think he was dreaming the rats in the walls and that he was in the nut house the entire time, or he just went ape shit crazy at the end and really did discover hell beneath his home?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Lovecraft stories usually have that side going on - and usually, the stranger option is the one being true. A lot of Lovecraft characters are depicted (of accused of being) emotionally fragile, or mad at some point of the story. Yet to read Rats in the Walls though (will read it soon).

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

You'll enjoy it. It really trips you up.

Aeus

Aeus

SM

SM

I have a couple of anthologues that are 20 odd years old now, and anyting I didn't have I downloaded years ago before copyright became in issue.

Going by the reviews on Amazon it would seem there are better collections available.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

But it seems like there's countless numbers of them. How do you know which ones are better?

SM

SM

Based on that link, anything edited by Joshi.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I'm currently reading The Shunned House. This one is hard to follow with all the names and dates that are being thrown at the reader.

AvPvTerminator

AvPvTerminator

Dreams in the Witch House will destroy you emotionally.
:-X

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

We shall see...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed