Alien Prequel No Longer An Alien Film

Started by Mike’s Monsters, Jan 14, 2011, 11:14:35 PM

Author
Alien Prequel No Longer An Alien Film (Read 120,223 times)

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

I'm so heart broken! I used to admire and respect Ridley Scott, but now I think he's full of shit!  The idea of him making an original Sci-Fi is awesome, but how f**king dare he tempt us with a prequel and not deliver!  Well done Mr. Scott, you've just lost a life long fan.  Damn, I'm so angry! I guess the Alien series is actually dead, when it had the potential to be reborn.  Good luck with your new film Mr. Scott, I will never pay to watch, you cock teasing wanker.

Don't get me wrong, but you don't get the fanboys hyped and then f**k them in the arse; that's just plain mean!  It's like getting dumped by the woman I love all over again!

RakaiThwei

......Wow....

Just... Wow...

-Rakai'Thwei

chupacabras acheronsis

so many delicious tears.

Federick Gonsa

Quote from: St_Eddie on Jan 16, 2011, 02:26:38 AM
I'm so heart broken! I used to admire and respect Ridley Scott, but now I think he's full of shit!  The idea of him making an original Sci-Fi is awesome, but how f**king dare he tempt us with a prequel and not deliver!

The excitement of a new ridley Sci-Fi film is killed by the disappointed that the Alien prequel has been canceled. If it were not for the cancellation and misdirection from Fox, a lot of us would actually be happy about this. I guess a great number of us need some time to heal, myself included.

Valaquen

Agreed, I'd be ecstatic about this news were it not for the past 18 months of rumours and then the big confirmation: Scott returning to Alien! Then more months of rumours, then a whole slew of artists and technicians tweeting about the coveted 'Alien Prequel' and then -finally!- official word: "it aint' Alien no more. Sorry luv."

St_Eddie

Quote from: Federick Gonsa on Jan 16, 2011, 02:40:36 AM
The excitement of a new ridley Sci-Fi film is killed by the disappointed that the Alien prequel has been canceled. If it were not for the cancellation and misdirection from Fox, a lot of us would actually be happy about this. I guess a great number of us need some time to heal, myself included.

I couldn't agree more.  Under any other circumstances, a new Ridley Scott Sci-Fi film would be cause for celebration, but I fear that the final product will end up being the film that could've been!  Ultimetlely, I feel it was wrong of Ridley to suggest that he intended to direct a prequel (afterall, the Blu-Ray note is now rather redundant, no)?

visagepoissons

Not particularly surprised or disappointed. People are all complaining about the Alien franchise being dead. I wish it died a long time ago. It's called beating a dead horse. It's an old franchise. 30 years is way too long for something to be running. The result of new movies in this universe so far has been pathetic, why can't people leave a good thing alone?

Its Game Time

Quote from: St_Eddie on Jan 16, 2011, 02:26:38 AM
I'm so heart broken! I used to admire and respect Ridley Scott, but now I think he's full of shit!  The idea of him making an original Sci-Fi is awesome, but how f**king dare he tempt us with a prequel and not deliver!  Well done Mr. Scott, you've just lost a life long fan.  Damn, I'm so angry! I guess the Alien series is actually dead, when it had the potential to be reborn.  Good luck with your new film Mr. Scott, I will never pay to watch, you cock teasing wanker.

Don't get me wrong, but you don't get the fanboys hyped and then f**k them in the arse; that's just plain mean!  It's like getting dumped by the woman I love all over again!

And he shouldn't take that as wrong?

ShadowPred

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jan 16, 2011, 02:30:41 AM
......Wow....

Just... Wow...

-Rakai'Thwei

I am too glad to see you back.

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Jan 16, 2011, 02:36:04 AM
so many delicious tears.

lol

RakaiThwei

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jan 16, 2011, 04:03:39 AM
I am too glad to see you back.

Well.... I can't speak for everybody but... I am actually smiling about this right now. I don't care if people get pissed off at me for smiling for this but you know what, I'm actually with the people that say there was no need for a prequel. You simply can't touch a classic like Alien. And given that there is a span of five movies, seven if you count the AvP films (which I know A LOT of people here don't), then enough is enough.

Alien is done. They don't need to do it anymore.

No more. No more. No more.

-Rakai'Thwei

ShadowPred

I can support that with only 80%. The other 20 is here and there.

RakaiThwei

I honestly didn't think I was going to be coming back here since the PREDATORS movie was done and over with...

But then someone over at Youtube told me that we weren't getting a prequel, so I came back here to check and apparently it seems true.

I actually look forward to Prometheus. So long as it's not connected to the Alien, Predator or AVP Universes. And I may like all three franchises but I certainly don't like everything under the sun that's A/P/AvP.

-Rakai'Thwei

ShadowPred

I missed you man. Awesome arguments always tend to happen, and I love being part of them.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jan 16, 2011, 04:26:31 AM
I missed you man. Awesome arguments always tend to happen, and I love being part of them.

I missed you too dude.

Heh heh heh!

-Rakai'Thwei

RAPTOR20

Really disappointed. Was really looking forward to the whole Mala'kak Space Jockey theme. Who knows, maybe things will be changed and Prometheus will end up as Alien 5 (hopefully). Will it be set in the same universe? Who knows. The cancellation is a real disappointment! 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed