Olivia Wilde confirms she is on short-list for Alien prequel

Started by drpt, Dec 21, 2010, 07:05:46 PM

Author
Olivia Wilde confirms she is on short-list for Alien prequel (Read 11,847 times)

Corporal Hicks

Alright guys, enough with the puns.  :)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jan 11, 2011, 07:31:39 AM
Not that those voters would ever recognize anything like that though...
...Seeing Family Guy won an Emmy.

chupacabras acheronsis

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jan 11, 2011, 06:51:08 PM

:o Just another reason I really don't care about award shows.

Space Sweeper

Exactly.

Anybody here who watches/has watched House (well the episodes where she's been featured) knows she was fantastic in it.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jan 11, 2011, 09:08:31 PM
Exactly.

Anybody here who watches/has watched House (well the episodes where she's been featured) knows she was fantastic in it.

What was her character like? I've only seen her in Tron. Any youtube clips or something?

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Well, she's one of the doctors and it's revealed she has an aggressive case of Huntington's disease.. which is more than likely to be her cause of death in less than a year. This and many other things, all make for quite a display of acting talent. There are.. a lot of aspects to the character to say the least, but I'd rather stray too far off topic.

Bottom line is, she's not only incredibly gorgeous, but she's a great actress as well. My favorite selection on the list thus far.

Valaquen

And she's bisexual in House.
Just sayin'.

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Valaquen on Jan 13, 2011, 05:22:09 PM
And she's bisexual in House.
Just sayin'.
How I failed to mention that... I have no clue.

Sharp Sticks

Sorry, was someone saying something?

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

I heard it was a bisexual deal in that show too!  :laugh:

Sharp Sticks

Where did you get that idea?

Naw, yeah, Olivia rules.

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Jan 13, 2011, 05:55:42 PM
Where did you get that idea?
I think I'm hearing things as I stare at other things.

Sharp Sticks

Quite the diction you've got there, comrade!

Ghost Rider

Quote from: GrumpBigBalls on Jan 19, 2011, 03:06:40 AM
Quote from: Federick Gonsa on Dec 22, 2010, 04:34:08 AM
Does hotness really matter? I know that some actresses are casted mainly for their sensuality. But because of this, I think some talent is being wasted. For example, Angelina Jolie is mainly casted in the role of the sensual hot female. Which is pretty much how most actresses are casted these days in movies. But Angelina Jolie can do more than look hot as she demonstrated in the movie "Changeling (2008)". She plays a woman that is beautiful, but has very, very low sex appeal. I think that when you get your eyes off the sex and hotness, you can appreciate an actress way more. I have to say that I was impressed by her acting in "Changeling". I hope she gets more roles like that because I think she is a very good actress and can do much more than look hot and sensual. The same goes for this movie. Is being hot really a qualification for an awesome movie? I know that being attractive never hurts anyone, but hasn't this emphasis on sex appeal become non-innovative? I want to see a well made movie that features a strong female lead, and completely avoids the usual (strong female) stereotypes, and avoids the tempting desire to concentrate in her sex appeal. Not that there is anything wrong with having "sex appeal", it is just that it may be so over-used that it may be time for Movies to take a different direction on the matter. Not that I have any hope on the matter...
in this day and age people don't want ugly trollops in movies you idiot we want big assed bitches

Speak for yourself.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed