Mass Effect

Started by Space Sweeper, Dec 12, 2010, 01:46:57 AM

Author
Mass Effect (Read 424,942 times)

QuantumSheep

QuantumSheep

When you introduce an intimidating foe and just one at that, presenting it as hard to beat it (it takes a lot to bring down Sovereign) makes it look like the good guys have their work cut out for them. In ME3, we have hundreds of Reapers, presumably in an effort to make things "epic". It doesn't help that Harbinger was hard to take seriously in ME2 (it sounded like he had an unhealthy fascination with Shepard). The more of these bad guys, the less threatening one of them is. Of course there's probably going to be a "destroy Reapers" button at the end of the game.

According to what I've read about the leak,

Spoiler
There is some sort of Prothean designed weapon called "the Crucible" that is intended to destroy the Reapers. It seems like a case of "Sudden Superweapon Syndrome" as I like to call it, since not once in the previous two games was it mentioned. Things might have been changed since the leak and I could be wrong about this superweapon, though.
[close]

coolbreeze

coolbreeze

You guys are gonna hate me, but I'd take Ashley over Miranda any day of the week...

QuantumSheep

QuantumSheep

Quote from: coolbreeze on Feb 24, 2012, 03:43:26 AM
You guys are gonna hate me, but I'd take Ashley over Miranda any day of the week...

http://i43.tinypic.com/311ub5z.jpg

So would I. Miranda has a face that borders on "Uncanny Valley" territory.

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

But....she was such a racist towards my alien crew mates... even Kaidan gave up his hate for turians... I romanced Liara by the way, I don't know why but when the romance part came up I laughed and giggled thinking it was silly.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Anyway it either up to Ashley or to Liara. If you were PC gamers instead of console ones, you should have know that in the save files any other romance different from Liara or Ashley is marked as "No Romance". So the short version - if you romanced anybody in ME2, this will lead to no romance outcome in ME3. If you have romance with Liara/Ashley this is the other possible outcome ;)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: HicksUSCM on Feb 24, 2012, 09:03:35 AM
Anyway it either up to Ashley or to Liara. If you were PC gamers instead of console ones, you should have know that in the save files any other romance different from Liara or Ashley is marked as "No Romance". So the short version - if you romanced anybody in ME2, this will lead to no romance outcome in ME3. If you have romance with Liara/Ashley this is the other possible outcome ;)
Not true; only on the level that they wont be counted as a squadmate. BioWare said that there'd be a 'satisfying conclusion' to all concievable romance options.

QuantumSheep

QuantumSheep

I don't think many people would appreciate their Shepards getting short-changed when it comes to romance options.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Feb 24, 2012, 09:09:16 AM

Not true; only on the level that they wont be counted as a squadmate. BioWare said that there'd be a 'satisfying conclusion' to all concievable romance options.
Ok then - download Gibbed Mass Effect Save Editor, download some saves with different Romance options such as - romanced Miranda, Tali, Ashley, Liara and see for yourself. 2-5 min appearance of past romance is nothing. I am talking about some major romance event in the main story.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

lolyeah, I'm sure BioWare is going to totally forget that plotline just because they're not part of your crew. Please, if you've got some fact-based evidence, do present it. I'm really sure a "satisfying conclusion" and "conflict" will take place in the duration of 2-5 minutes.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Most every char member from ME2 was just placeholder/just for ME2. I doubt we will use anybody in our crew in ME3 for more than 1-2 missions.

Vakarian

Vakarian

Just got up to round 11 solo on bronze mode with my Turian Sentinel. about 45 seconds left I got overrun >:

Im going to try again and just keep up the opposite side of the map from the evac zone and then run back when there's like 30 seconds left on the clock.

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: Sierra on Feb 24, 2012, 04:23:24 PM
Just got up to round 11 solo on bronze mode with my Turian Sentinel. about 45 seconds left I got overrun >:

Im going to try again and just keep up the opposite side of the map from the evac zone and then run back when there's like 30 seconds left on the clock.

Dude, you're such a stud! I got to, like, 6 I think by myself.  :D

WinterActual

WinterActual

Its pretty easy to solo on bronze with Infiltrator, Drell Vanguard, Asari Adept or Krogan soldier and from Sierra's report - with Sentinel too.

coolbreeze

coolbreeze

Quote from: Predator Queen on Feb 24, 2012, 04:05:41 AM

But....she was such a racist towards my alien crew mates... even Kaidan gave up his hate for turians... I romanced Liara by the way, I don't know why but when the romance part came up I laughed and giggled thinking it was silly.

I know  :( ...But in ME1 you only really have Ashley or Liara for a male Shep. Since I went with Ash in the first game I stayed loyal to her in the second...

QuantumSheep

QuantumSheep

Quote from: HicksUSCM on Feb 24, 2012, 03:15:11 PM
Most every char member from ME2 was just placeholder/just for ME2. I doubt we will use anybody in our crew in ME3 for more than 1-2 missions.

You can't forget about Garrus and Tali. They're pretty much confirmed to be squadmates. That and the leaked script I read had a lot of dialogue between Shepard and Garrus (romance-wise), as well as some stuff to do with Miranda's romance.

Here's a bit, if you're interested:

Spoiler
Shepard: It's incredible.
Garrus: I'd be lying if said I didn't hope it would inspire a certain...mood.
Shepard: Something on your mind?
Garrus: (hesitant) It seemed like you needed some time to figure...us out. Just wondering if you found your answer. (looks at her) Are you ready to be a one-turian kind of woman?
Shepard: The only thing that made leaving Earth bearable was knowing you were out there somewhere.
Garrus: I felt the same way. The worst part about the galaxy going to hell would've been never getting to see you again.
Shepard: Well, here I am. Exactly where I want to be. I love you, Garrus Vakarian.
Garrus: (surprised and nervous) Wow. The vids Joker gave me... well, they never got this far. There was the part about sleeping together, but this...I don't exactly know what to do...
Shepard: You grab the girl and kiss her like you mean it.
Garrus: That I can do.
Shepard: And rather well. Who needs a vid when you've got me?
[close]

A bit fan-servicey, I think.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed