The chestburster from the Spacejokey?

Started by vortep, Sep 17, 2010, 09:50:52 AM

Author
The chestburster from the Spacejokey? (Read 17,401 times)

Valaquen

Either way, we view the film differently from the creators, [if you want to add him to the ranks, Ron Shusett also found the scene 'ridiculous']. But there's no real point to be made there rather than subjectivism.

Gash

Gash

In terms of the colour I always thought it nicely mirrored the colour of the Mother computer room, where Dallas previously sat contemplating his fate.

Valaquen

Giger's criticism of the scene isn't mine. You'd be surprised at how critical he was/is of things in Alien. He said his initial viewing of the film left him 'depressed', that the Alien suit looked terrible and was 'so bad it helped Ridley could only show it in glimpses', etc. etc. But to finish, Giger is optimistic: However, you are always the winner if you have created something that is enjoyed and, although my reputation as an artist has suffered, that's how I feel about Alien.' I would be very happy myself.

Gash

Gash

I think artists always hate collaboration because it dilutes ideas that they come up with. Giger's Alien, gives a very negative overview of the film during production from his point of view, yet he came to regard Scott as the genius behind it's success didn't he?

I suspect his working in isolation made it difficult for him to appreciate the team that Ridley had brought together. Always got the impression that a few years on he could look at his time on the production more positively, which is presumably why he is more than willing to work with Scott again.

RAPTOR20

I think its pretty much a Jockey Alien that morphed into a queen and after a certain amount of time, eventually wandered off and died.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed