Alien Resurrection- Why or why not?

Started by Redfield, Jan 15, 2007, 04:39:49 AM

Author
Alien Resurrection- Why or why not? (Read 64,249 times)

Bluey1489

i liked it coz  it was able to keep me occupied for approx 105 minutes id say it was the movie of 1996 :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'(

SM

SM

Resurrection is under-rated by fans of the franchise about as much as Alien3 is over-rated.

Redfield

u must have seen the theatrical release of alien 3- if u watch the spec ed of it ull see why i love it.

SM

SM

I've seen three different versions of Alien3 and while I do love them, they are inferior to Alien and Aliens and about on a par with Resurrection.  In fact Resurrection is probably better than the Workprint and SE now that I think of it.

Fitzley

Three versions? Besides the Assembly Cut and the Theatrical...what else is there?

ArchangeL

Liked:

The fact that it had aliens in it.

Disliked:

The whole fact they released another alien movie after A3. Go back and watch Alien 3. Even if you don't like the film, you've got to admit it made the perfect ending to the series.

For many years Ripley had selflessly battled the aliens. She fought them for so long she could barely remember anything else. And so Alien 3 was a great film (IMO) with a perfect ending. Ripley sacrificing herself to ensure the elimination of the species.

And then Resurrection comes along.  >:(

wolfboy

I liked it. I could understand why fans would hate it, but honestly, it wasn't that bad at all. The only problem I had was the cloning. That whole story could've been done without Ripley.

RPcnuwm

This is without a doubt my least favorite alien movie.  Heck I prefer AvP over Resurrection by far.

Liked...
The scenes of the aliens imprisoned and "learning"

Disliked...
Ripley's character
The whole cloning thing
The aliens looked "wierd" and very CG
Too much humor

Newsfop

Liked:

Jeunet's nod to La cité des enfants perdus with the return of specimen vats and fragmentary mechanical technology (likely compliments of Marc Caro) and the casting of Dominique Pinon.

The look of the film was prim and amazing

Disliked:

Almost the entire crew of the Betty sans Johner and Vriess.

The vocal qualities of the aliens

Of course, the Newborn

The happy ending

SM

SM

QuoteThree versions? Besides the Assembly Cut and the Theatrical...what else is there?

The Workprint.  Different again to the above two.

Corporal Hicks

I've heard about that. What's different?

SM

Mr. Weyland

I've probably seen Alien resurrection more times than any of the other Alien films, and I've seen ALIEN 3 2nd most of all Alien films, weird  ???

Dominion

I really cant believe that this is a disucssion. Lets face it, there are 3 Alien films. In my opinion Alien Resurrection never happened.

I think there are afew people who would agree with me. Ive spoken to people i know about this also. The first 3 films have a substance, a dark mellow stylistic quality to them. You watch Alien today and you can its class through and though. The same with Aliens, James cameron saw Alien and wanted to make something just as good but with marines and what he came up with genius! The revealing of the alien queen is one of defining moments in cinema. In my opinion. Just like the chest burster scene in Alien. You cant beat moments like that, adding of course bishops encounter with the queen on the sulaco.

David fincher kept that same dark stylistic tone with Alien 3. I know alot of people give Alien3 alot of slack but i have to say i think its better than aliens in the sense that it has a great cast and the special edition version is just fantasic. I can completely understand why there are so many people that dont like it. But thats because it has to follow in the foot steps of Aliens. Everyone loved Aliens and i think the fans were expecting something along the same lines.

Alien 3 pushed that boundry and changed the design of the alien with the face hugger choising a dog as its host. And the dog alien was still designed by Giger himself. You watch Alien 3 and you can see the potential of David Fiincher. The photography is amazing and the score is just brilliant! has such a sense of dred to it. I would have to say that Alien 3 has the scariest moments out of all of them aswell.

The there is Ressurection. Well.....................to be competly honest there sint anything i like about it. I know that sounds harsh and i know there are fans out there for the film but there really is no comparisson to the first 3 films. The filters for the colour texture is aweful, the alien design is just cringing, ripleys attitide and character ruins everyones respect for her as a person and the aweful things that she has been through. The score is way to over the top and i dont like the instrumentals in the slightest. And also as someone said earlier there is too much slime and noise from the aliens.

The hybrid...................what in gods name? joss wheddon...............WHAT WERE YOU DOING? Serenity is a good film, why on earth did you go and ruin my fave franchise by writting what can only be described as a load of sh*t. And then to top it off, they pick the totally wrong director to take what joss has written and turn it into a motion picture.................... :(

why fox.....why?

there you go end of rant lol

SM

SM

QuoteAnd the dog alien was still designed by Giger himself. You watch Alien 3 and you can see the potential of David Fiincher.

Giger only got credited after lawyers got involved - it was ADI who did the bulk of the work.  And Fincher f**ked Giger around royally.

Quotei think its better than aliens in the sense that it has a great cast and the special edition version is just fantasic

A cast who for the most part you can't tell apart nor care about.  Aliens characters on the other hand were mostly pretty memorable even for Alien fodder.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed