ACM Status Update #2

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 19, 2010, 11:24:40 AM

Author
ACM Status Update #2 (Read 158,408 times)

Alx

Alx

The latest issue of xbox 360 world has a page on acm and tells of a autumn release date this year!!!!

Brother

Brother

Scan or link or something?

newbeing

newbeing

Quote from: Alx on Feb 08, 2011, 05:19:04 PM
The latest issue of xbox 360 world has a page on acm and tells of a autumn release date this year!!!!

You haven't been in a coma since 2008 have you?  Just want to be sure you didn't just wake up and grab the closest Xbox 360 magazine to you :D

Edit: Well you ain't lying, but are there really new details?

Alx

Alx

No for real, I jus was browsing the mag section and saw aliens on the cover of march 2011 xbox 360 world, thy gave it a page but it's really nothing I haven't heard before, but they give the release date autumn this year

chupacabras acheronsis

Mass Effect 3 and ACM?

P:

Brother

Brother

Would be nice to have the whole article, to see if they mention their sources and stuff.

Autumn this year is early.

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: Brother on Feb 08, 2011, 08:15:47 PM
Would be nice to have the whole article, to see if they mention their sources and stuff.

Autumn this year is early.
I just contacted GBX and they said no official statements in regards to the planned release date for A:CM has been given yet, neither to online retailers or the press. It doesn't match the ETA I've heard either. Here's the full article for anyone interested:

Actually they even mention www.alienscolonialmarines.net to be the official site, which is quite amusing if you ask me...

newbeing

newbeing

Thanks for the article Ikarop.
Wow, they were totally grasping for straws when they said "new info".
Also the official site is a bit of a lol. Congrats for Alienscolonialmarines.net I guess.

Ash 937

Ash 937

It's not bad to throw out a bit of rehashed information from time to time.  Not everyone is waiting for this game and a lot people already think it's canceled.  Instead of mocking the article for saying things we, the fan base, already know about, we should be happy that someone is publishing anything at all for this game right now.

The more publicity this game gets, the more interest it will build...and if enough people are clamoring for it soon, the better our chances will be for an actual release (instead of cancellation).

Brother

Brother

That's a bold statement in the sign OUT AUTUMN 2011!!!

Made by a guy who can't wait to play it for guys like him.

OUT MARCH 2012!!

Fujimaster

Fujimaster

LOL! In space no one can hear you tapping your watch

newbeing

newbeing

Quote from: Ash 937 on Feb 08, 2011, 09:28:16 PM
It's not bad to throw out a bit of rehashed information from time to time.  Not everyone is waiting for this game and a lot people already think it's canceled.  Instead of mocking the article for saying things we, the fan base, already know about, we should be happy that someone is publishing anything at all for this game right now.

The more publicity this game gets, the more interest it will build...and if enough people are clamoring for it soon, the better our chances will be for an actual release (instead of cancellation).

What I'm mocking is an example of bad journalism. It says "new info" despite the fact that the info is very clearly old and just rehashed info from the game informer article from 2008.
Really the article just talks about how it has been delayed for a long time and how AvP was crap, that doesn't really distill a lot of confidence for the consumer nor does pulling a release date out of their ass.
Articles like this don't really help anything. Maybe if the journalist applied themselves and pursued Sega or Gearbox maybe it would actually show that there is interest in the game rather than writing up a pointless fluff article.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Or maybe SEGA contacted all the media and told them they'll give them further details in the coming month.
Journalism to catch people attention are doing a 'update' news which doesn't contain anything new but may attract people attention for the following events & media related to the game.
SEGA could have pay them also by asking to keep telling about the game with the materials they already have to keep interest in it.
The reputation of the game has dropped and everyone is more concerned about Duke Nukem Forever so to remind it... they are doing useless news.

Gate

Gate

What's even funnier, is that website says that a new article CM aint coming in 2011, LOL

Mother_

Mother_

Truly excellent. Haha.

As an aside, and on a more serious note, I think that speaks volumes for the complete lack of web presence that Sega and GBX have put out about this game. Way to promote shit, guys.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed