David Fincher's Millenium Trilogy

Started by Shasvre, Aug 17, 2010, 01:07:32 PM

Author
David Fincher's Millenium Trilogy (Read 19,683 times)

grands0nz0rz

Reznor and Ross are scoring it.

ShadowPred

I will not be seeing this shit. I couldn't get into the first book, so I stopped reading them. I did watch the films for the first and second movies, and they are just brilliantly well made. Still waiting to see The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets Nest.

This remake is going to be shit, and that goes without saying, but I can't help myself.

Vertigo

Quote from: grands0nz0rz on Jan 14, 2011, 09:34:16 AM
Reznor and Ross are scoring it.

That's the main thing that's caught my attention. Trent Reznor is the man, as far as I'm concerned.

Have some faith in Fincher, too. When The Social Network was announced, the majority reaction was "why is David Fincher making a film about Facebook?" The answer was of course that he had an unusual take on it, aided by that fantastic screenplay, and now it's raking in the awards. Personally, I think we should have some faith in his artistic integrity and not expect a straight remake.
Speaking of screenplays, the writer's previous works include Schindler's List, Gangs Of New York, Mission Impossible and American Gangster. Not a bad resume.

Pn2501

Shasvre

Looks about as good as the original.

Pn2501

it looks a little more claustrophobic then the original, and there's some class actors involved ill be watching it just for the fincher touches, seriously if the man can make a movie about Facebook entertaining, sign me up. 

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I saw the trailer with First Class and I think it looks okay. I saw people next to me and where like "It looks like a bad music video!".

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Jun 05, 2011, 11:29:03 PM
I saw the trailer with First Class and I think it looks okay. I saw people next to me and where like "It looks like a bad music video!".

lol Yeah, I always get a kick out of what random people say about these things that happen in front of them and they either have no clue what their seeing, or they'd just rather be watching college basketball or something... Ya gotta love the unwashed masses. Seems dickish of me I know ... but, yeah.

Pn2501

it reminds what this couples conversation who sat in front of my GF and i at xmen first class

Girl : So whats this movie about

Guy (in irritated abrupt loudness): MUTANTS!

I just looked at my GF and we started laughing.

Bat Chain Puller

^ lol ... classic

In the Eric Bana/Ang Lee Hulk film I sat next to a massive black man who had a deadly combination of narcolepsy and sleep apnea. He also obviously had no idea he was in a Hulk movie until the third transformation where he woke up and suddenly exclaimed "Wut da f**k? Wut da f**k is this? OH ... Dat da Hulk." And fell promptly back to sleep.

I'll be giving this a chance because it's Fincher, and because I was ready to hate the remake of "Let the Right One In" (another excellent film Norwegian film based on an excellent book) but it won my heart within the first 10 minutes and became JUST as good as the original ... just a different take. An very well done remake.

Pn2501

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Jun 06, 2011, 12:25:35 AM
^ lol ... classic

In the Eric Bana/Ang Lee Hulk film I sat next to a massive black man who had a deadly combination of narcolepsy and sleep apnea. He also obviously had no idea he was in a Hulk movie until the third transformation where he woke up and suddenly exclaimed "Wut da f**k? Wut da f**k is this? OH ... Dat da Hulk." And fell promptly back to sleep.

I'll be giving this a chance because it's Fincher, and because I was ready to hate the remake of "Let the Right One In" (another excellent film Norwegian film based on an excellent book) but it won my heart within the first 10 minutes and became JUST as good as the original ... just a different take. An very well done remake.

hahahah.

I watched that Hayden Christen movie Life as a House (just to see if he would make a good anakin ;) ) and this massive guy came in and watched it buy himself and hysterically cried through the whole thing i actually felt bad for the guy, maybe he was a time traveler and had just watched attack of the clones, I'd be hysterical aswell.

Yeah the "swedish" film was awesome, the mat reeves version was a pretty much the same movie stylistically and had almost identical shots i watched it but i couldn't contain my disappointment.  Cloe Moritz didn't do half the job that Lina Leandersson did as eli, but Kodi Smit-McPhee was decent who i thought was going to be terrible after his piss poor performance in the road, but in the end its good for people who don't like subtitles.

Yeah TRUST in fincher, I've got it.

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: Pn2501 on Jun 06, 2011, 01:07:03 AM
Yeah the "swedish" film was awesome, the mat reeves version was a pretty much the same movie stylistically and had almost identical shots i watched it but i couldn't contain my disappointment. 

It was the way they roll reversed sympathies for the killer in the beginning that got me. It was done with such a deft hand, subtle yet right before your eyes. Reeves really pulled the tension out longer with that car ride to the gas station. Another thing that got me was it being set in the 1980s. A touch of Nostalgia in the world I grew up in helped the medicine go down I guess. I ultimately prefer the original, but they traded off back and forth on a number of things that were done better, each than the other.

I'm expecting a similar feeling the GWTDT. Except instead of the 80's setting sugar it's Fincher sugar.

And about David Fincher. He's consistently a visually arresting director. But historically his films are either hit or miss. I do feel he's been vindicated for what happened to him on Alien 3. 

Shasvre

New poster. Put in a spoiler because of the nudity.

Spoiler
[close]

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Good poster. Subtle and gives nothing away (except the breast.)

Now if they'd just have the balls to do a Conan poster with the same species of bravery.

EDIT: Brilliant alternate score gives the trailer a distinct G-rated feel!

http://vimeo.com/24733883

Pn2501

Nice one bat.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed