The HR Giger Alien Runner Vs Alien Runner ADI

Started by Ryu, Aug 07, 2010, 05:52:35 PM

Author
The HR Giger Alien Runner Vs Alien Runner ADI (Read 24,894 times)

Ryu

Find a video, HR Giger design addict shows several ideas for the Runner Alien Alien 3. But in the final video seems ADI was afraid to have become more an enemy HR Giger, but they do not put almost all your ideas.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkvzPnODNTQ
Now my questions are below.
HR Giger's ideas were good, the overall picture?
True that HR Giger was upset with Cameron in Aliens?
Anyone who liked the ideas of HR Giger are exploited in the Prequel?
Anyone know a website where I can see, all (even all) of Alien3 sketches HR Giger?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I have these if you are interested:

Feral_PRED

I love this version of the alien.

-alienhunter14

Alien(nonxeno)traveller

I hope there's a chance that... salacious design will be in the prequel.

Sabres21768

Giger actually sculpted his version of the Alien3 creature...

MrSpaceJockey

I actually liked the idea of the newer, more slender tongue. It seems more deadly but I'm not sure how it would fit into the alien mythos. Kind of sad how Giger was ignored in a sense, I would really like him back in the prequel(s).

DaddyYautja

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Aug 07, 2010, 09:22:00 PM
I actually liked the idea of the newer, more slender tongue. It seems more deadly but I'm not sure how it would fit into the alien mythos. Kind of sad how Giger was ignored in a sense, I would really like him back in the prequel(s).

yeah, i like the sword-tongue, and a horny drunken monk trying to kiss an alien the getting killed.

Valaquen

Quote from: Ryu on Aug 07, 2010, 05:52:35 PM
Anyone know a website where I can see, all (even all) of Alien3 sketches HR Giger?
Shameless self promotion:
http://valaquen.blogspot.com/search/label/Design%20of%20Death%20The%20Alien%20design

MrSpaceJockey

I loved that article. Read it yesterday.

Valaquen

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Aug 07, 2010, 11:03:53 PM
I loved that article. Read it yesterday.
Thank you very much! I'm not fond of the ending, it kind of tapered off, I wanted to end with a quote from Giger talking about his love for his creature, but I was so damn tired. Working in an Alien3 analysis that's 1/3 done (and online now, some of it). Can't get enough promotion!

Mus

Actually, watching that video, I see ADI did pay some attention to Giger's vision. The tweaked head for one, that's all Giger. The end result looks slightly different from the concept art but the fuller lips and the cheese grater-ish head are based on it. Then there's the big blade on the tail, absence of back tubes and perhaps the slender limbs. They did put their own twist on it but they did not just ditch the concept art. I'm not quite sure which version I prefer. They both have their strenghts and weaknesses. Those claws, ugh. Then there's this third version:

I copied it from your article, Valaquen. I find this bit interesting:

QuoteHowever, whether or not this is an initial rod puppet, or actually a final craft from Giger is not clear.

Is there really no info about whose design that is? It's very nice, it would be nice to know where it actually came from.

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Not too keen on the huge-ass impaler tail, but the knife-between-fingers that mimics feline retractable claws was always a cool design element IMO.

Im ok with spike tongue. 

Valaquen

Quote from: Mus on Aug 08, 2010, 06:02:37 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_oLPxM7_4Cf0/TFnaRYaJtuI/AAAAAAAAAHY/a7I5RqN1Uvg/s400/aalien.jpg

I copied it from your article, Valaquen. I find this bit interesting:

QuoteHowever, whether or not this is an initial rod puppet, or actually a final craft from Giger is not clear.

Is there really no info about whose design that is? It's very nice, it would be nice to know where it actually came from.
I have no idea, Mus. Apparently, according to Giger, he was working on a full scale maquette (not to be confused with the smaller model we see in the documentaries), but FOX dumped him at this point. Perhaps this is the full model? A seemingly cast-iron version of the smaller model was built, as we've all seen.

Blacklabel

Easily... Giger's version was the best... was David Fincher responsible for choosing ADI's version?

Sso02V

Quote from: Valaquen on Aug 07, 2010, 11:00:25 PM
Quote from: Ryu on Aug 07, 2010, 05:52:35 PM
Shameless self promotion:
http://valaquen.blogspot.com/search/label/Design%20of%20Death%20The%20Alien%20design
I like that Giger can still see good parts of the changed designs, even when being upset about getting cut out of the project. Classy.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed