Arcade Fire - The Suburbs (New Album 2010)

Started by Keg, Jul 29, 2010, 09:00:08 PM

Author
Arcade Fire - The Suburbs (New Album 2010) (Read 2,287 times)

ShadowPred

I couldn't f**king believe that they won the grammy. It really is a shock that anything else besides lame ass mainstream pop and bullshit like that won.

Keg

It was an even bigger shock for The Brits to do the same and give them Best International Act as well. And on top of that Mumford & Sons and Laura Marling also won awards. Maybe both of the awards are trying to improve their credibility somewhat as wel las still catering for the masses. Suppose we'll see next year.

ShadowPred

Next year, real music needs to win again.

Keg

Well last year Phoenix won a Grammy but not sure what category it was but I was impressed that again a relatively unknown band had won. I know neither Phoenix or Arcade Fire are unknown but compared to the big guns in the pop world who are known by almost anybody with ears that function, they are.

Space Sweeper

Quote from: ShadowPred on Feb 18, 2011, 04:05:47 PM
I couldn't f**king believe that they won the grammy. It really is a shock that anything else besides lame ass mainstream pop and bullshit like that won.
With the nominations (and wins) for Arcade Fire, Cee Lo Green, The Black Keys, and Mumford and Sons, I was impressed by what seemed to be an increased credibility. If only that could happen with the Emmys...

However, the lack of nominations for Gorillaz was disappointing. Very disappoint.

Keg

The Black Keys won a Grammy? What for?

Space Sweeper

Dont think so, I was just saying that they had been at least nominated.

Space_Dementia

I love this band, seen them play live twice last year, once in Reading last year, and in Cardiff on their UK Tour.

I love all three of their albums, find it hard to actually choose a favourite. Rococo is deff one of my fave songs live mind.

Keg

Seen them four times now. Incredible live. I saw them twice in 2007 at Leeds festival and then in Newcastle on their tour and then last year I saw them at Leeds and then went up to Glasgow to see them a few months later. I might go up to Edinburgh later in the year to see them.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed