1987 mission

Started by Billiken, Jul 25, 2010, 04:55:35 AM

Author
1987 mission (Read 2,867 times)

Billiken

Billiken

Just wondering some idiot coughed in the cinema while the chick was explaining the link to the 1987 mission and herself and how she knew what the Predator was. Can someone fill me in what she said? Was that what she was talking about because she mentioned a CIA agent Thanks

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

Isabelle was talking about Dutch and the events in the first movie.

Stalker

Stalker

Dillon was the CIA liaison to Dutch's team.

She said Dutch had given a detailed description of the events that happened back in '87, which is why she recognized the classic predator tied up in the camp. She must have read the information in a classified file.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

A six man team with a CIA liason. They went into the jungle, and only one came out alive.

Or something like that.

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

Because, you know, Israeli snipers. They be readin' all that top secret US shit.

And, you know, ex-black ops mercenaries wouldn't know a thing about it.

Makes perfect sense.

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Jul 25, 2010, 05:04:48 AM
Because, you know, Israeli snipers. They be readin' all that top secret US shit.

Makes perfect sense.

Mossad stole the identities for UK citizens to use passports with their names to go kill a Hamas dude.
Israel doesnt mess around, or they DO mess around.

Click

She was probably Mossad and just reveal enough info.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Jul 25, 2010, 05:25:03 AM
Mossad stole the identities for UK citizens to use passports with their names to go kill a Hamas dude.

Click

I didn't think the Mossad argument was going to be making it here on Galaxy.

If you ask me, they should've omitted that 1987 reference.

-Rakai'Thwei

Federick Gonsa

Federick Gonsa

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Jul 25, 2010, 05:04:48 AM

Makes perfect sense.

Did you not know that Israel is known for spying? Even friend nations spy amongst themselves.

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jul 25, 2010, 05:35:21 AM
Quote from: DaddyYautja on Jul 25, 2010, 05:25:03 AM

Click

I didn't think the Mossad argument was going to be making it here on Galaxy.

-Rakai'Thwei

I agree.

Theiande

Theiande

...not to mention Mossad and the CIA work VERY closely with each other sharing information.

Master

Master

Well, Jews from Mossad are one of the best spays and assassins to the date. If someone was able to stole those information then I`d say Mossad.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

But then that'd have indicated Predator never happened.

Anyone thought about Anna in this...? Or where Dutch went? I know Busey said Dutch was supposed to have died but either of them could have made a run for it and the information could have somehow got to the Israel's.

The adaption had Issabelle go to the site of the first movie and try and track down the Predator. She went there for them.

Aran

Aran

Through deception thou shall wage war...

Sso02V

Sso02V

That must have been a hell of a cough to drown out the whole conversation.

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 26, 2010, 07:17:00 PM

Anyone thought about Anna in this...? Or where Dutch went? I know Busey said Dutch was supposed to have died but either of them could have made a run for it and the information could have somehow got to the Israel's.

The adaption had Issabelle go to the site of the first movie and try and track down the Predator. She went there for them.

I think that is basically the problem here.
None of these characters get that much of a background or info on what they were doing besides a couple of words so it's sort of coming out of left field that this one person suddenly knows what is going on. We should've had some clues that she knew something before it happened. Hell, the opening scene should have been her being caught.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Like how the events of Los Angeles 1997 were omitted?

Don't worry, I'm not going to argue that here.

Since Rodriguez didn't want his movie to do with Predator 2, we don't know what happened to either. Last I recalled in the novelization of Predator 2, Dutch was sent to a psyche ward and kept under lock and key by the government, not to mention he was also suffering from radiation poisoning.

Anna, I believe was kept for interrogation.

The adaption had Isabelle go to the site of the first movie and try and track down the Predator. She went there for them.

I never read the adaptation.

-Rakai'Thwei

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed