The AvPGalaxy Quotes Thread

Started by OmegaZilla, Jun 26, 2010, 06:01:54 PM

Author
The AvPGalaxy Quotes Thread (Read 357,587 times)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I don't think you could even put Prometheus among the best...is it really qualified to be standing next to MOON? I don't think so.

Nightmare Asylum

Prometheus was very intriguing, and had a lot of really cool ideas (a few bad ones as well, but still a lot of good ones), but unfortunately it had some problems that prevented it from being truly great. I really like watching the movie, and think about it a lot, but some of its flaws are unfortunately painfully obvious. Still, I think it laid a great foundation for the sequel, and I would love to see its mythology expanded upon.

Moon is probably my favorite recent science fiction film.

Aspie

Aspie

It's close, but... Prometheus > Moon

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Aspie on Dec 31, 2012, 01:37:36 AM

BANE

BANE

Quote from: Aspie on Dec 31, 2012, 01:37:36 AM
Have to disagree with you there.

Aspie

Aspie

It's extremely close, but I guess Prometheus charmed me a little bit more. But Moon was definitely a sci-fi milestone.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Aspie on Dec 31, 2012, 02:12:56 AM
It's extremely close, but I guess Prometheus charmed me a little bit more. But Moon was definitely a sci-fi milestone.

So since you're putting it that way, would you consider Prometheus to be the same?

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: ShadowPred on Dec 31, 2012, 04:18:13 AM

So since you're putting it that way, would you consider Prometheus to be the same?

A milestone? Yes, despite some obvious flaws, it was an innovative step in the right direction for sci-fi filmmaking.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Aspie on Dec 31, 2012, 05:12:36 AM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Dec 31, 2012, 04:18:13 AM

A milestone? Yes, despite some obvious flaws, it was an innovative step in the right direction for sci-fi filmmaking.

I would like to continue, but this will derail the thread.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

I wouldn't worry about it; that's the beauty of the Rec Area-- a conversation can come from anything and carry on as such.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Dec 31, 2012, 06:03:55 AM
I wouldn't worry about it; that's the beauty of the Rec Area-- a conversation can come from anything and carry on as such.

It's too late! *cries*

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Guys? Quotes thread? Quotes?

Yeah.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Well, to be fair...I did quote Sweeps in my post above lol.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Curse your sudden but inevitable touché!

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

Come on guys, Promethues is a flawed movie yes, but so is TDKR. Don't focus on the flaws when the movie is still enjoyable. It's not like you will break up with your girlfriend because she has a lazy eye even if the sex was great. Prometheus: Minor flaws, good movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed