The AvPGalaxy Quotes Thread

Started by OmegaZilla, Jun 26, 2010, 06:01:54 PM

Author
The AvPGalaxy Quotes Thread (Read 355,654 times)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: ChrisPachi on May 18, 2012, 10:58:57 AM
David: How far would you go to get your answers? What would you be willing to do?

Charlie: Anything and everything.

David: That's wonderful, because I was about to stuff this glass vial up your ass and my behavioral inhibitors were demanding your consent. More gin?

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

^ :D  So much lol.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Space Sweeper, right now, in Skype.

Quote"Doctor! Doctor Throat Doctor! What's wrong with my throat!"

"You've got a bad case of EVAHLASTIN' LAIGHHHT!"

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: SpaceMarines on May 20, 2012, 11:56:46 AM
Space Sweeper, right now, in Skype.

Quote"Doctor! Doctor Throat Doctor! What's wrong with my throat!"

"You've got a bad case of EVAHLASTIN' LAIGHHHT!"
I should mention that this was concerning the fact that my speaking voice was a piece of shit and a falsetto was the only way I was able to speak without a painful raspiness.

This guy is awesome:

Quote from: Skylark Duquesne on May 20, 2012, 09:27:53 PM
In memoriam Jean Giraud, AKA Moebius.
This is a panel from the Long Tomorrow, written by Dan O'Bannon. In that scene, the hero has sex with a beautiful blonde girl when she suddenly turns into a squid-like alien spy from Arcturus. Ridley Scott wanted to make a film adaptation of that strip but couldn't get the rights, then he turned to the Hampton Fancher script that was the basis for Blade Runner.

That weird image of Shaw freed from the Engineer's grasp by a tentacled creature conjured up a memory from my youth. This is from a Wallace Wood story published in Vampirella. The girl is about to be raped by a fellow astronaut. She is rescued by a typical tentacled, stalk-eyed monstrosity which turns out to possess the soul of  her long-disappeared husband.

I believe we have a similar situation in Prometheus. That lovecraftian abomination is either a terminally mutated Holloway or the child that was born from Shaw and Holloway's union after his DNA was altered. Otherwise, why would it come to her help ? The love bond between these partners must be central to the story.
Maybe we'll be treated with scenes redolent of Philip Jose Farmer's The Lovers. This is for sure gonna be heavy on sexual or Freudian content.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Quote from: predxeno on May 21, 2012, 03:31:16 PM
At http://www.weylandindustries.com/careers, it just says congratulations on solving some problem, but I didn't do anything.  Is this something that expired or is my computer not advanced enough the feature the site has stored there? ???  My computer was broken for the last couple of weeks, did I miss anything?
Quote from: Virgil_uk on May 21, 2012, 03:38:11 PM
Predxeno, this means that Peter Weyland has personally hand picked you for Prometheuses maiden voyage! Have a safe trip and I hope all goes well :D
Quote from: RabidNinja on May 21, 2012, 05:16:28 PM
:o  Take pictures  ;D

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: First Blood on May 22, 2012, 04:42:37 AM
Quote from: ShadowPred on May 22, 2012, 04:41:04 AM
YOUR MIND WILL BE BLOWN!!!!1

'DATS NOT ALL THAT WILL BE BLOWN!!111!!! ;D

:laugh:

Cvalda

Cvalda

from First Blood:
Quote from: Laufey on May 22, 2012, 10:27:35 PM
For him to stop eating my sesame cake. >:(

Mmph urgh mmph.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: MudButt on May 22, 2012, 09:27:00 PM
I'm back. I ventured deep into the Prometheus forums. The horrors, I've never seen such terrors before in my life.

Let me start from the beginning.. I was in my usual post, watching the forum.. when I saw new members appear, these ones however caught my eye, they seemed different then our usual newbies, these were was full of.. spoilers.

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k609/RudeDogg93/Doyle.gif

Suddenly I was surrounded by terrible spelling and grammar mistakes, they slaughtered the English language. I didn't know what to do, but I couldn't leave them the few users who had tried their best to keep the sanity in those forums. This was when I decided too stay back and take out as many of these as I could.

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k609/RudeDogg93/28dl-sniper-smaller.gif

I found myself low on ammo, I had only two options, save myself or continue fighting the good fight to keep this from spreading to the rest of the AvPGalaxy. I knew what I had too, I left my original post and began to set up in a better position, however my weapon choice shifted to my personal favorite..

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k609/RudeDogg93/tumblr_lqcmtyfESY1ql5ez9o2_500.gif

I set myself up with a birds eye view, I was God and chose who live and who died. I began to battle these creatures of the night known as the Promethean noobs. It was a good fight, but one man alone can not defeat the hundreds that swarm these topics with their noobness. I fired away, arrow after arrow..

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k609/RudeDogg93/tumblr_lqcmtyfESY1ql5ez9o4_500.gif

Day quickly became night. Bodies filled the ground, but they wouldn't stop. Because day after day new members registered, and the few good ones were slaughtered by the mass. It wasn't long before they realized my position, and this was when they began to fire back, I readied an arrow.. but before I knew it they had all disappeared..

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k609/RudeDogg93/tumblr_lqcmtyfESY1ql5ez9o3_500.gif

I waited all night in that position, the feeling in my arm was no longer there. The only thing that kept me going was my eyes, they controlled my entire body. The sun rose once more. This was when it came. The beast known as THE UK LAUNCH TRAILER. It showed me the horrors of new scenes.. and even worse.. I can't even speak of the scene I saw that spoiled too much. It wouldn't stop, clips, tv spots, and... the first review. I had no choice but to escape, but they surrounded the air, I had one way to go. Down.

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k609/RudeDogg93/2076.gif

I stumbled out of the forum.. and when I awoke I was here, back in the Rec board.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

I want somebody to fund that and make it movie.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: King Rathalos on May 23, 2012, 01:39:22 AM

Or a movie about the origin of his user name.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Oh, god, when I get photoshop, I swear that I will do a film version through gifs.

You can't believe how easy it is to just grab images out of context and make them f**king work.

Quote from: First Blood on May 23, 2012, 01:39:58 AM

PREQUEL!

Nightmare Asylum

Yeah, that story is better for a sequel.

And I know Jeremy Renner is committed to Hawkeye right now, but he can take some time off to play MudButt.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 23, 2012, 01:40:59 AM
And I know Jeremy Renner is committed to Hawkeye right now, but he can take some time off to play MudButt.

:laugh: :laugh:

Someone needs to photoshop those two together.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

It's a double feature grind-house esque movie. ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed