The AvPGalaxy Quotes Thread

Started by OmegaZilla, Jun 26, 2010, 06:01:54 PM

Author
The AvPGalaxy Quotes Thread (Read 356,482 times)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

The day the internuts failed me.

(I also had a, possibly false, memory of nearly this exact shot from Seinfeld, and it's shot exactly like it, sooo~)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I'm sure I remember it from an episode of Seinfeld. I'm sure of it.

The shot in Curb Your Enthusiasm might be alluding to it, or something...

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Feb 08, 2014, 02:14:05 AM
Allow myself to share a random outburst of wisdom.

In the start of it all there was the big bang, an explosion that if too fast would result in no life and if too slow would also result in no life, but neither happened, it was just right. This eventually leads us to a place that is not entirely a solid but not entirely a gas either, it's not too hot and it's not too cold, and this place is called "home". Once upon a time rocks were just rocks, but then we begin to suddenly find writings and drawing on rocks. Once upon a time the growth of the seeds was determined by the climate, but then we begin to find seeds purposefully planted with logical thought. In any mammal child you will see playfulness, curiosity and a will to explore the unknown - in humans occurred a prolonged childhood as opposed to the other mammals, and so our prolonged play, curiosity and exploration had liberated the mind from raw instinct. A new level of consciousness came to be, symbolic construction, and through symbolic construction our own self awareness became magnified and thus began to give the world expression.

And so today people now today fueled by the ever continuous playfulness, curiosity and desire to explore ask their selves "What is the meaning of life?" I have my own answer for you.

The meaning of life is...

Spoiler
what you chose it to be. From the first writings on the rocks to the first purposeful planting of the seeds and to our first expressions of the world. Civilization itself is a human idea we brought into this world. We brought knowledge and enlightenment, science and literature, music and art, right and wrong. We give life meaning ourselves, but it is impossible for one answer to be right for all.

You are who you choose to be.

Spoiler

I f**kin' hate Aliens: Colonial Marines.

[close]
[close]

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

I was just about to post it.  :laugh:

Perhaps the most integral chapter in the Crazy Rich vs Colonial Marines saga.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

lolmao

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Thank you thank you, I'm here till Monday.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 08, 2014, 10:38:56 PM
Aspie

Quote from: Aspie on Feb 08, 2014, 10:40:18 PM
Tremors fan.

This is "The first thing that comes into your mind game" thread. You heard it here first, folks.

Aspie

Aspie

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO I MEANT THAT AS A SYNONYM FOR YOURSELF

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Fail.

Rong

Cvalda

Cvalda

From the Underrated, Unappreciated, Unrecognized thread:

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 06, 2014, 12:56:37 PM
www.avoiceformen.com

I'd say it's all three of the topic items. The site is vocal, but not the evil, misogynistic, kitten-burning, puppy-eating, piss-on-angels site so many feminists like to believe it is. As a contributor to the site's content, I can tell you the crew behind it are all a bunch of really swell and pretty awesome folks (men and women).

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheUntwist

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

UGH, DOOM! GOD DAMMIT!

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: Cvalda on Feb 12, 2014, 01:19:58 AM
From the U

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 06, 2014, 12:56:37 PM
www.avoiceformen.com

I'd say it's all three of the topic items. The site is vocal, but not the evil, misogynistic, kitten-burning, puppy-eating, piss-on-angels site so many feminists like to believe it is. As a contributor to the site's content, I can tell you the crew behind it are all a bunch of really swell and pretty awesome folks (men and women).

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheUntwist

/womenpanic

::) ::) ::)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

You can't let them get a foothold.

Out of the kitchen.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed