New TV Spot with decloaking Predator

Started by ace3g, Jun 20, 2010, 01:12:53 AM

Author
New TV Spot with decloaking Predator (Read 29,821 times)

Steve C

The cloak did look a bit funky, but I'll wait to see how it looks on the big screen.

Requiem28

FREAKIN AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

i thought the uncloaking scene was cool.

von

von

nice, that shot of the predator decloaking was sweet! i cannot see why anyone would not dig it. imo, the decloaking scenes in AVPR were less than spectacular and even boring. they were too abrupt (except for the one where wolf emerged from the water)

Captain Salt

So is this new cloaking thing the equivalent of the new "beaming" in Star Trek '09, IE, fixing something that didn't need fixing as it wasn't broken in the first place?  :P

I mean, it's okay, but it does look rather "funky". I'll reserve judgment until we see it finished, obviously. It could just be that the Super Preds use different technology than the regular Preds.

That said, Holy God does Mr. Black look AWESOME on-screen! I love this guy... ;D

ace3g

ace3g

another thing I just noticed is they used another version of the line "this planet is a game reserve and we're the game"

now in the tv spot it is "this was a game reserve.... and we're the game"

I hate when I notice these changes, I noticed in the Dark Knight, there were a few scenes where lines were re arranged or scene angles changed.  I get so use to the lines in the trailer, when they are changed in the final film, it takes a while to get use to them.

I hope they use the first version.

dallevalle

ACe do you think you could get us the version with the falcon landing ?

PredBabe

^I'm with you on that.

Thought that trailer looked pretty damn good (even with the different cloak). Can't waint and can't believe I'm seeing a decent looking Predator movie in theaters!

Mutha_Brucka

Quote from: skull-splitter on Jun 20, 2010, 10:51:06 AM
Quote from: Bakurenoh on Jun 20, 2010, 09:04:46 AM
Jesus christ. People need to live in a cave with a VHS of Predator and nothing else because they cannot seem to handle change. And even then people cannot understand that not every Predator is going to look like Anytime, not every Predator is going to be the same height as KPH and not every predator needs to use the same technology as the first movie. And its a Super Predator we see de-cloaking why would it use the same technology as the regular Predators? We see awesom new shots and people whine and go running back to 1987 its pathetic.

Ehm, it's called logic. The cloak effect is like Sherlock's pipe: they belong to each other. With every itteration of predator/alien that followed past 1994, nothing has actually improved, just made to look "better" which it is technologically, but eastaticly, it damn near all went down the drain. AvP and AvP-R's cloak at least paid attention to what made the originals cool and improved upon them,  but they got the predators wrong, now the predators look updated and get a flashy kind of cloak? Unneeded, less terrifying and random bogus.

lol I love how people talk like they have seen the whole damn movie already. We get a few second clip of the BSP uncloaking and people need to find something wrong with it.

Trailer was cool, uncloaking was cool, can't wait for the movie.

PHANTOM

The editing in that clip was pretty bad. But I'm sure thats because they are trying their very best to not show us anything. I can respect that.

skull-splitter

Quote from: Mutha_Brucka on Jun 20, 2010, 05:05:33 PM
lol I love how people talk like they have seen the whole damn movie already. We get a few second clip of the BSP uncloaking and people need to find something wrong with it.

Trailer was cool, uncloaking was cool, can't wait for the movie.

We're discussing effects, you don't need a full film to review the same half a second.
It's smoother, more organic and technologically more advanced. But it's the weird clunkyness that was cool about the 80's and 90's version, about the only thing AvP succeeded in.

Bakurenoh

Bakurenoh

Quote from: bleau on Jun 20, 2010, 09:11:58 AM
Quote from: Bakurenoh on Jun 20, 2010, 09:04:46 AM
Jesus christ. People need to live in a cave with a VHS of Predator and nothing else because they cannot seem to handle change. And even then people cannot understand that not every Predator is going to look like Anytime, not every Predator is going to be the same height as KPH and not every predator needs to use the same technology as the first movie. And its a Super Predator we see de-cloaking why would it use the same technology as the regular Predators? We see awesom new shots and people whine and go running back to 1987 its pathetic.

Well there are a few things about the movie that I don't like. Does that mean that I am whining? Eh no, it's just a discussion, you need to relax man!! ::)
Im relaxed! Its just when your find a thread thats new and already a few pages in it and you skim through it all in 1 go you only remember the negative comments.

That and ive been holding my tongue in other threads about the same few people who keep complaining when something isnt the same as it was in Predator. Predator and Alien 3 are like my 2 favorite movies but it doesn't mean i want the CGI runner alien in all the Alien movies and a team of body builders in all my Pred movies.

Its not like the cloaking effects take away any established rules in the Predaverse especially considering we are seeing it on a new breed of Predators. Now if we seen Classic doing that de cloaking id not be too impressed either.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: PHANTOM on Jun 20, 2010, 05:34:50 PM

Oh by the way I'm starting think that whatever was said wasn't shit talk.  Peace, "bro". ;)

dallevalle

the editing was bad ? dont you think maby the shitty poor quality of the clip  might have something to do with what ? or the way it was recorded and put on youtube ?

PredBabe

^Very true.

dallevalle

and trust me i dont bitch alot hehe but even to me the clip looked off weird so im like 99 % sure its becuse of the shitty quality and the way of recording it ^^

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed