New TV Spot with decloaking Predator

Started by ace3g, Jun 20, 2010, 01:12:53 AM

Author
New TV Spot with decloaking Predator (Read 29,825 times)

MrBrokenTusks.

Hate most of the new masks apart from The one with tusks from the side but from the front it looks wrong but I am sure I will love it in the real thing.

dallevalle

OOoh new tv spot sweet !! and the de clocking was pretty epic !!! looked just fine really dont see why people bitches and we got the confirmation in the end R RATED :)

EEV-2501

This Tv Spot is great. My optimism is back. The shot of the BSP decloaking is really cool.

dallevalle

Quote from: EEV-2501 on Jun 20, 2010, 10:44:25 AM
This Tv Spot is great. My optimism is back. The shot of the BSP decloaking is really cool.

I agree it was pretty epic i never thought they would show it to us before the full movie but im glad i was wrong :)

skull-splitter

Quote from: Bakurenoh on Jun 20, 2010, 09:04:46 AM
Jesus christ. People need to live in a cave with a VHS of Predator and nothing else because they cannot seem to handle change. And even then people cannot understand that not every Predator is going to look like Anytime, not every Predator is going to be the same height as KPH and not every predator needs to use the same technology as the first movie. And its a Super Predator we see de-cloaking why would it use the same technology as the regular Predators? We see awesom new shots and people whine and go running back to 1987 its pathetic.

Ehm, it's called logic. The cloak effect is like Sherlock's pipe: they belong to each other. With every itteration of predator/alien that followed past 1994, nothing has actually improved, just made to look "better" which it is technologically, but eastaticly, it damn near all went down the drain. AvP and AvP-R's cloak at least paid attention to what made the originals cool and improved upon them,  but they got the predators wrong, now the predators look updated and get a flashy kind of cloak? Unneeded, less terrifying and random bogus.

Yautja161

Im diggin the decloaking of mr.Black.
Yeah, it's kinda differend, but they are meant to be.

And maybe it's just that scene cause of the lighting that makes it looks that kind of orange/yellow.

Ah, we'll see it on big screen soon enough.

But im liking it.

dallevalle

Quote from: Yautja161 on Jun 20, 2010, 10:59:10 AM
Im diggin the decloaking of mr.Black.
Yeah, it's kinda differend, but they are meant to be.

And maybe it's just that scene cause of the lighting that makes it looks that kind of orange/yellow.

Ah, we'll see it on big screen soon enough.

But im liking it.

and of course the video quality was pure shit so of course it will look kinda off so yeah as your saying on big screen then BOOOM amazing !! :)

Pinkman

Yup, we're just just seeing the end of the decloaking, in fact, in the shot, we see the pred already visible.

dallevalle

Quote from: Pinkman on Jun 20, 2010, 11:09:55 AM
Yup, we're just just seeing the end of the decloaking, in fact, in the shot, we see the pred already visible.

Yeah true so of course it looks kinda weird becuse we havent seen all of it its only the end.

Dark Jester

Dark Jester

Quote from: skull-splitter on Jun 20, 2010, 10:51:06 AM
Quote from: Bakurenoh on Jun 20, 2010, 09:04:46 AM
Jesus christ. People need to live in a cave with a VHS of Predator and nothing else because they cannot seem to handle change. And even then people cannot understand that not every Predator is going to look like Anytime, not every Predator is going to be the same height as KPH and not every predator needs to use the same technology as the first movie. And its a Super Predator we see de-cloaking why would it use the same technology as the regular Predators? We see awesom new shots and people whine and go running back to 1987 its pathetic.

Ehm, it's called logic. The cloak effect is like Sherlock's pipe: they belong to each other. With every itteration of predator/alien that followed past 1994, nothing has actually improved, just made to look "better" which it is technologically, but eastaticly, it damn near all went down the drain. AvP and AvP-R's cloak at least paid attention to what made the originals cool and improved upon them,  but they got the predators wrong, now the predators look updated and get a flashy kind of cloak? Unneeded, less terrifying and random bogus.

You make an interesting point about "cloaking". However, I honestly think most people (i.e. 90% of people who will see this movie) wiont give a shit or even notice the new cloaking mechanism and will care more about whether the movie as a whole is good i.e. good story, acting, pacing, tense  moments, action etc

Peace.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Jun 20, 2010, 09:43:48 AM
He's not cloaked in the shot, it's in the process to turn fully visible and instead of the sparks they added a more plasma feel to it, big deal.
I don't think anyone who has an issue with it is complaining that it's different, just that they don't like the look. I know it came across I was saying it was shit solely comparatively -- while I do think it is 'meh' relative to the original, I also just don't like the look of it, period. This could be the first Predator movie, I wouldn't like it.

mrblack

What happened to the falcon predator jumping damn it , Im looking forward to the falcon predator
and hey from those production stills we seen Mr Black sure looks Badass when truns to Face the camera

I hope people will see now that Mr black is VERY BADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
and forget the face

Also can't believe people are not talking about the characters introduction look at the characters they all got they special part and Danny Looks Badass

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

I don' think that they would have added a shot to the tv spot that is not close to finish on the trailer, sure they'll edit the cloaking a bit more but what we saw is the basic structure of the CGI, so there's not so much to edit. It kinda looked like the cloak was glowing when turned off... anyone else saw it like that?

I think it's pretty "21st century", meaning it suits the movie. What I saw in the trailer of the Predator decloaking looked good, can't say more. I must say though, the best cloaking effects in my opinion were delivered in AvP 1 (as much as I hate the AvP-Movies).

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Who wants the BSP deacloaking! I want a Jump from Soundwave! :D

Gnome Smasher

hooray at least the film is rated R.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed