James Cameron's Avatar Blockbuster-o-logy

Started by Darkoo, Jul 18, 2007, 04:12:35 PM

Author
James Cameron's Avatar Blockbuster-o-logy (Read 726,015 times)

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Nov 15, 2010, 02:33:34 AM
Quote from: predxeno on Nov 15, 2010, 02:31:48 AM
It's nothing to be ashamed about if you watch a 3 or even a 4-hr cut of the highest grossing movie so far.

*ahem*

http://boxofficemojo.com/alltime/adjusted.htm

SM

SM

Not Adjusted For Inflation.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Nov 15, 2010, 02:33:34 AM
Quote from: predxeno on Nov 15, 2010, 02:31:48 AM
It's nothing to be ashamed about if you watch a 3 or even a 4-hr cut of the highest grossing movie so far.

*ahem*

http://boxofficemojo.com/alltime/adjusted.htm
Damn Gone With The Wind and its 70 years of cinematic re-releases. Phooey!!

Quote from: predxeno on Nov 12, 2010, 07:26:18 PM
Quote from: OmegaZilla on Nov 12, 2010, 07:24:56 PM
A thing I don't like about Avatar is how too human the Na'Vi are - and this new womb thing just enforces the concept.

I know, the Na'vi should have had 3 sets of limbs just like the rest of the creatures on Pandora.

i agree, they could have at least made an effort to make it look like they evolved from creatures that had 6 limbs,

also i think most pandoran life had 4 eyes too,
at least on earth most animals (barring insects and arachnids) have 4 limbs 2 eyes etc, because the first common ancestors did, it seems crazy that the navi seemed to evolve completely seperately from all other species, and not have any divergence,

my best bet is that they are either a post technological self engineered race, or a completely artificial race created by a superior species (perhaps based on a mix of human and pandoran traits, hence the similarities), also, perhaps the entire planet is artificial, i supposed the fact it's the only place to find unobtanium would support that fact. i bet only cameron knows for sure though

predxeno

predxeno

How do you know that Pandora is the only place that has unobtanium?

predxeno

predxeno

Another deleted scene.  The nontemplate level scenes, i.e. the scenes that look finished, were in the Special Edition that was shown in theatres in September.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1556259098674#w400-h216

Sso02V

Sso02V

Quote from: predxeno on Nov 15, 2010, 04:44:27 PM
How do you know that Pandora is the only place that has unobtanium?
If it isn't then the humans are even stupider than they're made out to be.

"We can either mine planet Everythingcankillyou, or that uninhabited ugly swamp planet. Hmmm"

predxeno

predxeno

I think unobtanium is rare and Pandora is one of the few places that has it.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Why not go to another place then?

predxeno

predxeno

Because unobtanium is rare and hard to find; the other places probably only have very little of it compared to Pandora.  Alos, they may have already been completely mined of it already.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

...Making it effectively the sole and unique place having Unobtainium.

Valaquen

Valaquen

It's not quite said where unobtanium comes from, exactly, that is if it's restricted just to Pandora, but it is said that Pandora is dripping in the stuff, so much so that the planet has floating islands and whatnot. If you want to get gold, go to a gold mine.

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Nov 15, 2010, 09:39:44 PM
...Making it effectively the sole and unique place having Unobtainium.

If you want to look at it that way; fine.  But, I'm just saying that I don't think Pandora is the only place that has it.

Keg

Keg

Why do you discuss it as though its real? Bizzarre. Oh and i've watched the Collectors Edition Extended cut and if anything it makes RDA out to be even worse. The scene you spoke about where the Na'avi attack the humans and set fire to those huge bulldozers was a deliberate attempt to provoke them. Grace says it herself. She mentions how they deliberately destroy a sacred area to provoke them into attacking so they can make them enemies and justify attacking back. this leads into Jakes line (which was in the theatrical cut) about how thats how its done. if somebody or something is sitting on something they want badly enough they'll do anything they can to take it.

Then theres the scene where Grace talks about some of her students getting fed up with the humans destroying their forests so a couple of them attack some humans. They flee back to grace's school where they thought theyd be safe and the humans arrive and not only kill them, but start slaughtering all the children in the school.

Im sorry but there is absolutely no attempt whatsoever at trying to make the audience sympathetic in any way to the humans in this film. the new opening which shows a horrible polluted earth is there to make you realise we destroy everything and dont care until its too late. There is no mention that earth needs unobtanium for any purpose other than that its worth ridiculous amounts of money.

How anybody can see it otherwise baffles me.

predxeno

predxeno

Yeah, I already corrected myself on that topic quite a few posts back.  RDA=evil.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed