Pencil and Paper

Started by SpaceMarines, Jun 09, 2010, 03:39:33 AM

Author
Pencil and Paper (Read 34,309 times)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Aug 20, 2011, 05:32:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs#ws

Great work, I love the original touches-- especially the distortion on the cruiser jumping, very sexily done!

Thanks. Glad you like it. The ship distortion was completely unintentional, but now that you mention it, it does work. :)

Most of those little additions I put in have some purpose, actually. My favourite is the little oval thing just in front of his neck. It's to clean vomit off of the visor in case of a mishap. :laugh:

Quote from: keylight-di on Aug 20, 2011, 07:32:04 AM
This is great, SpaceMarines! I LOVE your shadowing. This is one of few things which (done correctly) is the best proof of the superiority of the pencil drawing on each other kind of drawing. You do it perfectly. Which reminded me why I love pencil drawing so much. :)

Hell yeah. Power to the graphite. Shadowing and shading is my favourite thing while drawing, definitely.

And thanks. Good to get approval.

Quote from: samoht on Aug 20, 2011, 07:33:53 AM
Thats awesome dude.

Did you use white Conte? or is it all done in pencil?

Thank you. :)

It's all pencil, that there. And a bit of strategic eraser.

EDIT:

Repost to keep it from the back pages.

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Aug 20, 2011, 05:19:09 AM
Oh, SWEEE-per.... Got somthin' here I think you'll like....

Spoiler

Unshaded outline:
Spoiler
[close]

Original:
Spoiler
[close]

Done on request of Space Sweeper.
[close]

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

This is one of few things which (done correctly) is the best proof of the superiority of the pencil drawing on each other kind of drawing.
Spoiler
[close]

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Look into your heart... You know it to be true.

keylight-di

keylight-di

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Aug 20, 2011, 08:02:49 AM
This is one of few things which (done correctly) is the best proof of the superiority of the pencil drawing on each other kind of drawing.
Spoiler
[close]

...at least, we all in digital-tablet-clan don't need scanners... ;)

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Fantastic work, Marines.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Thanks, PBA.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Space Sweeper

keylight-di

keylight-di

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Aug 21, 2011, 07:04:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L1hD5OlPtw#

Spoiler
[close]

Great! I love how simple and full of meaning it is. Addictive mood. Good work, Sir. :)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Thanks, key. Not sure what 'addictive mood' means, but the other stuff is exactly what I was going for.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Was lookin' through some old pictures I drew years back, when I was still taking drawing lessons, and decided that a few were worth sharing here. My art instructor helped me a fair bit with these, so they aren't all me.

Spoiler
This was my first experience using that wonderful, magical thing called graphite powder, and was one of my earliest 2-point perspectives.

First really detailed portrait I did...

...and the second.

Thing I drew back when I was still fairly obsessed with the Edmonton Oilers.
[close]

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Aug 22, 2011, 09:48:58 PM

ahhh my hated old enemy, the landscape/architecture/perspective. Good stuff, especially the use of the lighting.

Quote...and the second.

Very nice. I haven't worked in pencil in a while but I can see some good shading in the facial structure in there.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Thanks, Spaghetti. Personally, I really enjoy perspective-type stuff. Vanishing points, all that shit.

I'd love to see you do something with pencil, actually. Just imagining your great style, but in a different medium... great things come to mind.

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Aug 22, 2011, 09:48:58 PM
Was lookin' through some old pictures I drew years back, when I was still taking drawing lessons, and decided that a few were worth sharing here. My art instructor helped me a fair bit with these, so they aren't all me.

Spoiler
This was my first experience using that wonderful, magical thing called graphite powder, and was one of my earliest 2-point perspectives.

First really detailed portrait I did...

...and the second.

Thing I drew back when I was still fairly obsessed with the Edmonton Oilers.
[close]
I think I can see you in these. They are very much in the style of the pic you did of Roméo Dallaire. All are quite good.
I too love vanishing edges and perspectives.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed