Pencil and Paper

Started by SpaceMarines, Jun 09, 2010, 03:39:33 AM

Author
Pencil and Paper (Read 34,016 times)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Started this baby around when I first joined the site. Worked on it off-and-on since then. Finally finished it today.

samoht

samoht

Hoorah!!!

That is bloody awesome!

Looks like you put a lot of time and care into that.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Oh, I did. Thanks. :)

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

Looks great Jack.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Holy f**king shit. It truly is a pain in the ass to quote on an iTouch, so I'll just say this: you done me proud with your cartooning style in the BSG drawing, it really does sell your own brand, and the drop ship is f**king unreal. I recall you telling me that you would never finish it-- which makes the finished product all the more mindblowingly grand.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Mar 20, 2011, 06:20:49 AM
Started this baby around when I first joined the site. Worked on it off-and-on since then. Finally finished it today.

Absolutely brilliant work there, I love the style and the atmosphere of the entire drawing. :)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

this is your greatest work yet. Absolutely love it. It has... a serious comic-book style infused into it. Great.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Ho-ree shit.

That's practically photoreal. You've got a depth of field going and everything. Bloody impressive. Frame that sucker, it's incredible.

Bender1988

Bender1988

Georgous level of realism-magnificient work!

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Awesome

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Thanks, everyone. Really, thank you. Glad to see my work appreciated.

Now, I think I should say this; that dropship wasn't just out of my head. I had a picture that I was basing it off of as I drew.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

I'd say your version is leagues more interesting. You got the suggestion of rain across without a single straight mark.

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

great work man. the lighting and shadows are Spot on and it's amazing how you got it so accurate without tracing.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Mar 20, 2011, 04:30:19 PM
I'd say your version is leagues more interesting. You got the suggestion of rain across without a single straight mark.

I got a rain suggestion going? Sweet. :D

When I first started it, actually, I was planning to add some rain lines after I was finished. That wouldn't have worked at all, I don't think.

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Mar 20, 2011, 04:33:19 PM
great work man. the lighting and shadows are Spot on and it's amazing how you got it so accurate without tracing.

Guidelines can do wonders for things like that.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Mar 20, 2011, 04:36:45 PM
I got a rain suggestion going? Sweet. :D

When I first started it, actually, I was planning to add some rain lines after I was finished. That wouldn't have worked at, I don't think.

I'm so glad you didn't. The reflection of light on the nose of the dropship is what gives it away, there's a very fine shimmer effect. Just wonderful. I've got to learn how to do that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed