Things you just hate in the world

Started by Dark Passenger, May 26, 2010, 04:35:29 AM

Author
Things you just hate in the world (Read 408,715 times)

urban_predator83

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Aug 31, 2010, 12:39:16 AM
Quote from: MrBrokenTusks. on Aug 31, 2010, 12:30:16 AM
I am not that knowledgable about the subject so excuse my noobiness, but I thought nasa got a shit ton of money? and wouldn't you rather them put it in to healthcare or education?

I'm fine with lots of money going towards healthcare and education, but when the military budget is $663.8 billion (closer to $1 trillion if you take into account spending from outside the defense department) and NASA's budget is $17 billion (which is still a shit-tonne of money) and the NSF's is $7 billion, there is something wrong.
I agree but that is what America does. America always needs an enemy. Look at all the conflict in 20th Century for example.

1898 Spanish-American War
1914-1918 World War I
1941-1945 World War II
1950-1953 Korean War
1954-1975 Veitman
1990-1991 Gulf War

chupacabras acheronsis

you are not counting Grenada, Operation Gothic Serpent, the Balkans Enduring Freedom...

War is something americans do all the time, and they do it extremely well.

Vulhala

Vulhala

Gotta stay match-fit in case the Germans have another pop.

chupacabras acheronsis

Germans are wusses nowadays. everyone in the EU is. a real enemy would be the Chinese, and that aint gonna happen anytime soon since they depend on the western economy as much as us.

Vulhala

MadassAlex

White people getting defensive about racial guilt annoys me.

I am a white person. I do not think most white people have anything, inherently, to be guilty about. But when "eurocentrism" or a term like that comes up and a bunch of white people fly off the handle about it, it shows how little they understand of the term in question.

Eurocentrism, for instance, is a useful term and concept because it makes us aware of our social bias. We tend to view psychology, history, sociology and a whole bunch of other ologies based on our perspective as European colonials. Societies of Pacific, Asian, Middle-Eastern, African and Native American origin are going to view things differently and we will have to take that into account in both studies of them and dealings with them.

As a whole, awareness of eurocentrism is a great thing because it breaks down a part of the reductionist view of other cultures that is so prevalent in our own. 

So yeah. That.

[Alpha]Frost

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Aug 31, 2010, 02:56:08 PM
you are not counting Grenada, Operation Gothic Serpent, the Balkans Enduring Freedom...

:)
Spoiler
:D
Spoiler
:o
Spoiler
:P
Spoiler
Vietnam! :) :D :o :P
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

SpaceMarines

Quote from: [Alpha]Frost on Aug 31, 2010, 04:20:43 PM

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Don't forget the War of 1812! :) :D :o :P
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

chupacabras acheronsis

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
f**k you people
[close]
[close]
[close]

Quote from: Vulhala on Aug 31, 2010, 03:21:40 PM
Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Aug 31, 2010, 03:19:13 PM
everyone in the EU is.

Ahem.

not to hurt your feelings, but Britain is a shade of the great empire it was.  :P and im talking All of the EU.

and its f**ked up in germany. you cant even do paintball because of the strict laws, and its banned to show a swastika; little to nothing is teached in school about the nazi regime and talking about it is very frowned upon. i understand its a touchy subject, but something is very wrong with a country that refuses to tell the truth to its people. just because they try to delete that from history doesnt mean it should. history is written to learn from our mistakes.

[Alpha]Frost

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Aug 31, 2010, 04:25:29 PM
Quote from: [Alpha]Frost on Aug 31, 2010, 04:20:43 PM

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Don't forget the War of 1812! :) :D :o :P
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

Oh, crap.

The Captain

The Captain

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Aug 31, 2010, 03:19:13 PM
Germans are wusses nowadays. everyone in the EU is. a real enemy would be the Chinese, and that aint gonna happen anytime soon since they depend on the western economy as much as us.

I think you'll find the French aren't

ScoobySnax

PEOPLE WHO CHOMP THEY'RE DAMN FOOD.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: ScoobySnax on Aug 31, 2010, 06:31:54 PM
PEOPLE WHO CHOMP THEY'RE DAMN FOOD.
*Chomps burger*

Also, People who chomp are damn food? :P

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Aug 31, 2010, 05:32:06 PM
not to hurt your feelings, but Britain is a shade of the great empire it was.
You don't know jack, especially Union Jack.
;)

and its banned to show a swastika
That really is a touchy subject. Any other symbol anywhere else, not so much.

little to nothing is teached in school about the nazi regime and talking about it is very frowned upon.
I'm sure that it's being taught there.

i understand its a touchy subject, but something is very wrong with a country that refuses to tell the truth to its people. just because they try to delete that from history doesnt mean it should. history is written to learn from our mistakes.
Again, it's most likely taught there.

BANE

BANE

QuoteThat really is a touchy subject. Any other symbol anywhere else, not so much.
It depends which swastika.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed