Things you just hate in the world

Started by Dark Passenger, May 26, 2010, 04:35:29 AM

Author
Things you just hate in the world (Read 404,959 times)

Lie

Lie

Quote from: BLAIN on Aug 26, 2010, 09:40:16 PM
Quote from: Lie on Aug 26, 2010, 08:05:56 PM
Evolution or God creating the world and man in 7 days which one do you believe?
The genesis story is not to be taken literally, its to send a message.

What's the message?

BANE

BANE

Quote from: Lie on Aug 26, 2010, 10:09:44 PM
Quote from: BLAIN on Aug 26, 2010, 09:40:16 PM
Quote from: Lie on Aug 26, 2010, 08:05:56 PM
Evolution or God creating the world and man in 7 days which one do you believe?
The genesis story is not to be taken literally, its to send a message.

What's the message?
I didn't pay enough attention in philosophy to remember that, nor do I care to remember that, but that's all I remember, really. Genesis is not to be taken literally. Because there isn't any mention of dinosaurs.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: Lie on Aug 26, 2010, 07:55:02 PM
As Technology and science advances Gods will become harder and harder to believe in, its kinda like our race is a child growing up and no longer believes in the teeth fairy etc.
Not really. Science has come a long way and people still believe that the world was created on October 23, 4004 B.C.

Quote from: Private Hudson on Aug 26, 2010, 07:59:44 PM
I believe in God and Science, I don't see how that contradicts each other.
As long as one doesn't use religion to explain science or science to explain religion, there's no contradiction.

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

OH I forgot about this one, I absolutely despise preps, yep but thats just me I also hate Sarah Palin

urban_predator83

I believe in only ONE thing, the natural world. Nature and Earth were here before us and will be here after us. We as humans cannot destroy the world, we can only change it.

SM

SM

QuoteWhat's the message?

Don't f**k with the Lord's fruit trees.

QuoteAs long as one doesn't use religion to explain science or science to explain religion, there's no contradiction.

Yeah but what about Scientolo-

SmartIdiot

SmartIdiot

I absolutely hate depressed people. Well, I don't mean depressed people, I can sympathize with the feeling that everything sucks, with wanting to commit suicide, all that. What I hate is depressed people who go to therpists and take pills. Just annoys me to no end. I mean, these people think a f**kING PILL WILL TAKE AWAYS THEIR SADNESS or something... And then, there are the damned therapists...  I hate it, I mean, you're paying these random people who've probably never felt anything close to what you're feeling to tell you whats wrong with you what to do to stop be wrong. I mean, WTF is that shit?! I'd rather have my best freind tell me what to do than some asshole therapist. I mean, really? I know this girl named Sonya, and she has depression. She goes to a therapist, and all the bastard does is ask her questions about how f**king much she drinks and f**king does drugs... Yeah, she drinks alcohol, yeah, she smokes pot, but she isn't an alcoholic or a f**king pothead. In her words "I'm f**king bored, it's something to do!" and shit like that. Seriously, her problem is her relationships; she has had pretty much nothing but shitty boyfreinds, and she was crying on our couch the other night because of her current one. God damned f**king moronic assholes need to actually help, and at a lower price...

Well, I'm done with my rant on depression counters. I guess what I hate is not really the depressed people, just the fact that there are people willing to pay these bastards because their depressed, despite the fact those bastards don't really do shit.

SM

SM

I've been to psychologists, psychiatrists and taken anti-depressants.  Helped immensely.

And speaking to someone would have a better chance of success against depression than drinking and smoking weed.

If a pill gives you enough of a shove to get out of bed and face the world every morning - what's the problem?

Predator Queen

I have also been to psychologist and psychiatrists they helped for a little while the anti depressants helped but  you see I took them for so long since I was very young in my single digits of age they did more harm then helped afterwords in my teen years.  Pills and "shrinks" aren't the answer you have to deal with the problem head on like it was a flesh and blood person.  Nobody can help you with it besides yourself at least that's what I think... I am now off all pills (which some people think is frightening) and not seeing anyone about my problems ( The last one quit after I withheld some information that was apparently important) and I am a lot better then I every was.
And SmartIdiot don't hate people who are depressed they just need help, I think hating them just makes it worse...

SM

SM

QuotePills and "shrinks" aren't the answer you have to deal with the problem head on like it was a flesh and blood person.

There is no one-size-fits-all answer.

chupacabras acheronsis

about when i was...13 (i think) i got the depression diagnosed, maybe because it hit me hard when i realized it was not cool to be an ADHD diseased bastard clown, or maybe because i had(have) a shitty life. not emo cutting-your-veins, nobody-understands-me kind, but actually try-to-jump-in-front-of-a-bus kind of depression, anguish, apathy, those unberable feelings that come when you dont go outside very often. i was the guy who walked looking at his feet. i went to psychiatrists, psycologues, and neurologists, pretty much every wing of the medical centre. i remember the little pills, they tasted awful and i used to trow them away when nobody was looking. still, i took them regulary. and they did nothing, so i stopped taking them. i kept being as aimless and uncaring dick for a good two years, then it just kind of... stopped. and here i am.

now im not as crazy or "wild" as i appear, i just do it because im really good at it and people like it, and i like to please  ;D

(as long as i get to keep my dignity, thats a hard learned lesson too. dignity and righteousness are the most worthy values a man can aspire to have.)

Drago-Morph

I find myself depressed because I'm socially isolated. As in, you guys on here are the closest things I have to real life friends. And I've only been here since '06.

I'm a little lonely.

Razz

Razz

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Aug 26, 2010, 04:59:14 PM
Quote from: Razz on Aug 26, 2010, 04:32:21 PM
Anti-smoking ads and people, Strange i say this because i don't smoke and i tend to stay out of the way with people who light up but i also hate the shit smokers get from anti-smokers and all those stupid ads for anti- smoking are just as annoying. I always advocate freedom of choice and if someone wants to smoke let them, as long as they aren't doing it in front of non smoking people i see no harm with it, we all bloody know its bad for your health so f**king what? let them! not everyone wants to live to be 80-100 and i certainly don't.
I wholeheartedly agree. Some people I can stand (I myself did say "don't smoke" at a younger age), but some really exaggerate.

I once had in school an anti-smoking sit along with my class. The guy that was leading this said at one point that AVATAR outrageously incites people to smoke, because the characters smoke a whole lot. I raised my hand, and given word, I said that it was a bit of a exaggeration. Then we had a glance eye-to-eye.
You know how Saruman looks when he is pissed off? Same. Then he said "really?".
For the rest of the sit, he made examples of how one could fall in the smoke trap, and he always pointed at me as the sample dumb guy who goes for smokin'. God was that guy weird.
I actually tried smoking when i was younger and i just never got into it which is a relief and surprise because i tend to have an addictive personality (caffien etc) not only that but most of the women in my family are smokers apart from one or two. Never liked it and i use to be an anti-smoker because of my mum's habbits but i realised if she wants to do it, well then thats her choice.If i was a smoker and some asshat was giving me hell for smoking i'd lamp the bugger.

Maledoro* We don't just get adds, we get pictures of people's rotted out lungs etc. Its just nagging to the extreme for people who know that smoking is bad but are prepared to live with the conseqences. Yes the only complaint i would have against smokers are the ones who light up near non-smokers as i pointed out earlier but other than that i don't mind people smoking, its the annoying anti-smoking self rightous health freaks that need to stfu.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Razz on Aug 27, 2010, 10:58:56 AM
We don't just get adds, we get pictures of people's rotted out lungs etc.
It's precisely what my anti-smoking sit was about. They shoved those pictures down the students' throats. There were continuos comments like "wtf", "that's disgusting" and stuff; people seem to trait this as it happens to every person on the planet (which isn't).

maledoro

maledoro

Maledoro* We don't just get adds, we get pictures of people's rotted out lungs etc. Its just nagging to the extreme for people who know that smoking is bad but are prepared to live with the conseqences.
Apparently you aren't.

its the annoying anti-smoking self rightous health freaks that need to stfu.
Having the right to breathe clean air does not come from within the non-smokers. Hence, they are not self-righteous.

Have smokers ever considered taking up a lung-hazardous job? They could breathe all the smoke they want, and instead of paying for it, they could get paid even more. When their shift done, they could take home a tank of smoke and put a mask on over their faces and breathe in more. Everybody wins!
;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed