Overrated, Overappreciated, Overrecognized

Started by OmegaZilla, Apr 04, 2010, 05:12:36 PM

Author
Overrated, Overappreciated, Overrecognized (Read 244,091 times)

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Aspie on Feb 08, 2014, 03:29:16 PM
Look out for the power plays, ladies and gents.

They'll be going for the leaders of this new cult, first.
What are you playing at, Aspie?

Aspie

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Feb 09, 2014, 04:22:21 AM
Quote from: Aspie on Feb 08, 2014, 03:29:16 PM
Look out for the power plays, ladies and gents.

They'll be going for the leaders of this new cult, first.
What are you playing at, Aspie?

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Every Bethesda game, every GTA.

MoonerSK

Quote from: The1PerfectOrganism on Feb 09, 2014, 02:57:47 PM

don't think Dishonored is overrated but otherwise i do agree

Space Sweeper

Quote from: The1PerfectOrganism on Feb 09, 2014, 02:57:47 PM
And then my jimmies told me "You can always find me in the Drift".

Gilfryd

Quote from: Vickers on Feb 08, 2014, 01:52:55 PMI still find them incredibly fun to watch and they still add a richness to the world.

I feel they made it near-unsalvageable. What we know of the new movie does gives me a bit of hope though (Kasdan, film, practical effects, etc.).

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Gilfryd on Feb 09, 2014, 07:01:54 PM
Quote from: Vickers on Feb 08, 2014, 01:52:55 PMI still find them incredibly fun to watch and they still add a richness to the world.

I feel they made it near-unsalvageable. What we know of the new movie does gives me a bit of hope though (Kasdan, film, practical effects, etc.).

Only because you brought up practical effects:

Spoiler

[close]

The prequels certainly had their own fair share of practical sets/costumes/effects. Anyways, George was always about innovating pushing the limits of the tech at his disposal in order to tell the stories that he wanted to tell and create the worlds that he wanted to create. He did it with the originals, and he did it again with the prequels. It's hard to fault him for using CGI.

Vickers

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 09, 2014, 07:15:37 PM
Quote from: Gilfryd on Feb 09, 2014, 07:01:54 PM

Only because you brought up practical effects:

Spoiler

[close]

The prequels certainly had their own fair share of practical sets/costumes/effects. Anyways, George was always about innovating pushing the limits of the tech at his disposal in order to tell the stories that he wanted to tell and create the worlds that he wanted to create. He did it with the originals, and he did it again with the prequels. It's hard to fault him for using CGI.

I highly doubt Episode VII is going to use less CGI than the prequels. In fact, I'm betting on seeing a lot more CGI being used. And there were some stunning practical effects used in the prequels - thanks NA!

Nightmare Asylum

No problem. There's a ton more pics here. :)

Also, Gilfryfd, you brought up the fact that Episode VII is going to be shot on film. But really, is that going to ensure the apparent quality you're looking for? I mean, The Phantom Menace, the Episode of the Saga most hated by the general public, was shot on film as well.

Gilfryd

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 09, 2014, 07:15:37 PMHe did it with the originals, and he did it again with the prequels. It's hard to fault him for using CGI.

He and a lot of other, much more talented people (especially on Empire and Jedi). On the prequels, he was large and in charge, and it shows.

Vickers

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 09, 2014, 07:27:06 PM

UNF! I feel like watching The Phantom Menace again seeing some of the behind the scenes photos from it.

Shasvre

Quote from: Vickers on Feb 09, 2014, 08:17:27 PM
UNF! I feel like watching The Phantom Menace again seeing some of the behind the scenes photos from it.
Here's a quick version for you.

Spoiler

Nightmare Asylum

Yeah, Naboo in particular is absolutely gorgeous.

I also find myself really impressed with the Kamino and Mustafar miniatures from Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith, respectively. Kamino has always been my favorite planet in Star Wars.

Quote from: Shasvre on Feb 09, 2014, 08:20:29 PM

Spoiler

Don't care how many times I see that, it always gets a good laugh out of me :D

Vickers

Quote from: Shasvre on Feb 09, 2014, 08:20:29 PM

Spoiler

:laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed