Predator cgi

Started by Swidhelm, Apr 02, 2010, 03:09:52 AM

Author
Predator cgi (Read 4,161 times)

Swidhelm

Swidhelm

Hey all. Been a lurker here for a while and only recently started posting. Been working on some CG projects for Poser and was inspired by locusta to post here. Hope you like.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v633/Swidhelm/?action=view&current=crouching.jpg&newest=1
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v633/Swidhelm/?action=view&current=pred-whip.jpg&newest=1
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v633/Swidhelm/?action=view&current=pred-with-shuriken-1.jpg&newest=1

The pics above are all the same project, which is still a wip. This stuff is modeled for Mike 4 from Daz3d.com which is the human body in the figure. Everything else is modeled like a costume to fit him, mapped, rigged, textured. Though not specific to any particular movie, there are elements from probably all of them. I was inspired by some Narin sculpts in the way I designed his armor. That head there is a wolf style head though I do have others as well, including Predator 1, Predator 2, the goody AVP design and a custom one I'm still working on.

The whip in the one image was interesting. I noticed in the AVPR the whip was styled after an alien tail and I think had retractable blades on the one side (hard to tell the movie was too damn dark) but it gave me the idea of doing a razor whip. So the whole thing is interlocking razor segments.

With the heads too there are an assortment of helmets. Most of them are old and undergoing some updating and I will post more as they are done. I'm working on a failry high res celtic bio-helm, and I've done the original helm, the "gort" helm, the duck bill helm, a lost hunter helm, and still plan to do the boar helm.

Anyways, let me know what you think. As I said, still a whip, and yeah the netting looks crappy at the moment. Still needs an overhaul.

Cheers
Darrin

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

Puks

Puks

Very nice indeed.

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

Sweet work. Can see it's still a WIP, but very nice nonetheless.

Mutha_Brucka

Mutha_Brucka

I'm likin the last pic

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Fair play, those are pretty slick!

ScoobySnax

ScoobySnax

Damn! 'dey lookin' fine!

alien5454

alien5454

I like the second one the most

Everlasting Undead

Everlasting Undead

Swidhelm... the same Swidhelm who made the Alien Warrior and Pred Hybrid models for use in poser?

Swidhelm

Swidhelm

Quote from: Everlasting Undead on Apr 17, 2010, 07:23:39 PM
Swidhelm... the same Swidhelm who made the Alien Warrior and Pred Hybrid models for use in poser?

Yip, that'd be me.  ;D

Everlasting Undead

Everlasting Undead

love your stuff, man - it's been a massive help in things i've done (or intend to do)

you have to make a runner alien - that would be awesome....

Swidhelm

Swidhelm

Quote from: Everlasting Undead on Apr 22, 2010, 06:06:09 AM
love your stuff, man - it's been a massive help in things i've done (or intend to do)

you have to make a runner alien - that would be awesome....

Heh, thanks for the kind words. :)

Well I'm working on another alien. Wouldn't say it's a runner per say, but it has the legs more of the Resurrection kind, and no big spiney thing coming out of it's back. That way it can put it's head back further then it's on all fours. It does have the pipes though. Still a wip, with a long way to go, but looks good so far. Also, the detailing in the alien will be more bio-mechanical like the original.

Cheers

Everlasting Undead

Everlasting Undead

Cant wait *claps hands like excited schoolboy*.

I love it when I get a new poser favourite to play with...

locusta

locusta

Swidhelm, great work done on that Pred. Love it.

And hey man, you don´t need me for inspiration. You proofed your skills already much longer ;)

Sorry, nearly missed this thread, cos it´s not in the fan art section (or me just to stupid for surfing the forums :D )

Again, awesome work and can´t wait to see more from You.

Swidhelm

Swidhelm

Quote from: locusta on Apr 24, 2010, 08:24:41 PM
Swidhelm, great work done on that Pred. Love it.

And hey man, you don´t need me for inspiration. You proofed your skills already much longer ;)

Sorry, nearly missed this thread, cos it´s not in the fan art section (or me just to stupid for surfing the forums :D )

Again, awesome work and can´t wait to see more from You.

Heh, yeah might be in the wrong section :P My bad.

Thanks man! I appreciate the kind words :) But still, was inspired by your work. But then I feed off the artistic energy if you will, heh, of other artists. I find other artists often inspire me.

Will post more when I have the chance. I don't think it's quite as good as your stuff. Your stuff is frickin top notch! But I learn from my art. I'm my own worst critic, which can be a good thing. I've been modeling for years, but in the last two years I've learned a but load and I'm able to do much better work than I was previously able to do.

Anyways, thanks again for the compliments!
Cheers Locusta.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed