What we know about Multiplayer...?

Started by afrocat, Feb 14, 2010, 11:50:57 PM

Author
What we know about Multiplayer...? (Read 15,544 times)

afrocat

afrocat

Ok so we know the game will allow two players to play cooperatively on the same console, using a split screen to show the two perspectives. Which is great because I believe nothings more fun than playing a game with a friend right there to get scared with. Apparently online multiplayer will allow up to four players to play cooperatively, each using their own console and screen which makes sense some people prefer to play over the net. What we dont know much about is competitive multiplayer modes that have been announced. The development team has discussed the possibility of competitive online play based on the "Gloom" mod of Quake II. This mod if im not mistake is the one inspired by aliens and has a lifecycle class system correct? So in multiplayer its safe to assume we play as aliens. Does anyone else know more about multiplayer or have any thoughts on what should and should not be there? I think the focus on two races would make multiplayer something else entirely surpassing AVP in terms of Marine and Alien gameplay. What do you guys/girls think?

Chris!(($$))!

Well. If there is multiplayer I think there is a good chance there will be playable Xenos.

Brother

There will be 4 player co-op, it's unknown whether or not there will be playable aliens. There is not much info around as the game is far from release. There have been some discussions in the other threads you might want to check out, or the GBX forums.

Spoon

Spoon

I really hope they don't let us be the aliens.  Just concentrate on humans and make the gameplay as immerse and realistic as possible. 
I for one really like brothers in arms as its the only FPS game where the player models didn't really look like lego size toys like all FPS these days.  Personally I really hope they keep it indoor levels only so they can make the models more realistic.  So far by the images the game looks very promising.
  Lighting and detail will make this game feel and play alot better.

Chris!(($$))!

If there is multiplayer other than co-op I want playable Xenos. Without that in multiplayer people will compare it to any other game where its human vs. human.

afrocat

Spoon while I agree with the fact the single player should be polished and you should not play as aliens, the multiplayer (not talkin about the splitscreen/co-op) should have aliens to distinguish it from other FPS games. Online multiplayer wouldnt make much sense marines vs marines(for instance modes they shouldnt have include: FFA...thats it haha) But with a Marine/Alien focus there is alot of potential for a polished experience that emulates all the Alien movies. I mea, can you imagine a hardcore Team Deathmatch where humans have scientists (who maybe build turrets and fix stuff) and aliens have a queen that spawns eggs (For allies to spawn from) and so on and so on?

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: afrocat on Feb 15, 2010, 02:09:39 AM
I mea, can you imagine a hardcore Team Deathmatch where humans have scientists (who maybe build turrets and fix stuff) and aliens have a queen that spawns eggs (For allies to spawn from) and so on and so on?
That almost sounds more like a RTS Strategy game or a Battlefield game but I guess I know what you mean.
But yah if they want a successful multiplayer part of the game than they really should have Aliens vs. Marines and maybe even Weyland Yutani Mercenaries too. People won't bother with this game's multiplayer if its just Marines vs. Marines when they could chose another game that already focuses on stuff like that like the CoD Series.

afrocat

Well I just think some sort of strategic focused mode will result in very unique gameplay.

Brother

Just you wait son.

afrocat

It's all Im able to do, since I dont know the location the game is being developed to go over there and demand a showing lol

Brother

Brother

Dallas in Texas. *thumbs up*

afrocat

afrocat

Give me two months, I'll steal the game record a shitload of footage post it here and many places where it cant be taken down and be arrested. They'll ask me why: I couldnt wait...They'll ask if it was worth it...with a smile on my face and a sparkle in my eye i'll look to the...ceiling and say "Yes. Yes it was."

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: afrocat on Feb 15, 2010, 09:50:28 AM
Give me two months, I'll steal the game record a shitload of footage post it here and many places where it cant be taken down and be arrested. They'll ask me why: I couldnt wait...They'll ask if it was worth it...with a smile on my face and a sparkle in my eye i'll look to the...ceiling and say "Yes. Yes it was."
And then they will execute you by lethal injection? ???

xboxgamer4life

they would be dumb not to have marines vs aliens. if they dont they should just leave humans vs humans out, and just focus on co-op/single player

afrocat

afrocat

Well in an interview they mentioned the Gloom mod of quake 2 which basically is what I described so I hope so.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed