What we know about Multiplayer...?

Started by afrocat, Feb 14, 2010, 11:50:57 PM

Author
What we know about Multiplayer...? (Read 15,534 times)

xboxgamer4life

i never played quake so could you explain to me what the gloom mod is

afrocat

afrocat

Ok neither did I lol but here Ill try to describe it.
The Main Goal of each game is to exterminate the other team. To do this, you must eliminate all the opposing players and all of their spawn spots, so they cannot respawn. When a side is totally eliminated, the other team wins. For humans, they spawn from teleporters. Aliens spawn from eggs, which regrow after an alien emerges. Each side has one class which can build new spawns, create defenses and possibly repair friendly units. This class is the engineer for the humans and the Breeder for the aliens. There is a limit on how many structures you can build in a single game - the number on the top right side of the screen is how many build points your team has left to build. Some maps have different objectives that need to be fulfilled in order to win, these will usually be explained when you first enter the level at the introduction area.

When you start the game, you will only be able to pick two classes - the 'builder class' and the 'base class' (engineer, grunt or breeder, hatchling).
So apparently this whole mod is inspired by aliens. Anyone else want to post knowledge or info of this mod? For humans theres the engineer class, grunt class, shock trooper, biotech, heavy trooper, commando, exterminator, and mech.
For aliens theres breeder, hatchling, drone, wraith, kamikaze, stinger, guardian, and stalker.
Now this is what I was thinkin for Colonial Marines.
Aliens have Queen, Praetorian, Drone, Runners, and maybe some others ive yet to think of...the facehuggers and chestubursters would be in the cycle. You could have drones drag bodies to the nest to be eaten by chestbursters or to safety so when a facehugger impregnates a marine the body isnt camped.
The humans would have a engineer, light marine, heavy marine, synthetic, and mech(whatever the yellow thing is) the equivilent to a mech for aliens could be a...idk predalien? Wouldnt make much sense. Unless praetorians are huge.

Chris!(($$))!

That is just speculation from what I know. I believe the developers were discussing the Gloom Mod when talking about A:CM.

afrocat

afrocat

Yea they just mentioned it and talked about it but nothings really confirmed.

xboxgamer4life

Quote from: afrocat on Feb 16, 2010, 03:31:25 AM
Ok neither did I lol but here Ill try to describe it.
The Main Goal of each game is to exterminate the other team. To do this, you must eliminate all the opposing players and all of their spawn spots, so they cannot respawn. When a side is totally eliminated, the other team wins. For humans, they spawn from teleporters. Aliens spawn from eggs, which regrow after an alien emerges. Each side has one class which can build new spawns, create defenses and possibly repair friendly units. This class is the engineer for the humans and the Breeder for the aliens. There is a limit on how many structures you can build in a single game - the number on the top right side of the screen is how many build points your team has left to build. Some maps have different objectives that need to be fulfilled in order to win, these will usually be explained when you first enter the level at the introduction area.

When you start the game, you will only be able to pick two classes - the 'builder class' and the 'base class' (engineer, grunt or breeder, hatchling).
So apparently this whole mod is inspired by aliens. Anyone else want to post knowledge or info of this mod? For humans theres the engineer class, grunt class, shock trooper, biotech, heavy trooper, commando, exterminator, and mech.
For aliens theres breeder, hatchling, drone, wraith, kamikaze, stinger, guardian, and stalker.
Now this is what I was thinkin for Colonial Marines.
Aliens have Queen, Praetorian, Drone, Runners, and maybe some others ive yet to think of...the facehuggers and chestubursters would be in the cycle. You could have drones drag bodies to the nest to be eaten by chestbursters or to safety so when a facehugger impregnates a marine the body isnt camped.
The humans would have a engineer, light marine, heavy marine, synthetic, and mech(whatever the yellow thing is) the equivilent to a mech for aliens could be a...idk predalien? Wouldnt make much sense. Unless praetorians are huge.
okay thanks. sounds very interesting and competitive.

Nutlink

Nutlink

I don't think I'd like to see playable Xenos.  Focus on the coop aspect of it.  Maybe something like the Spec Ops mode for MW2, or expand the Survival mode from AvP.  THAT would be much better than any competitive multiplayer, especially considering the competition out there now.

peanut8

peanut8

I myself don't want to see any multiplayer for A:CM besides co-op.

afrocat

afrocat

I disagree. A:CM is a chance to offer a varied Aliens experience. But first and foremost the most important thing IS single player>Coop>Multiplayer then maybe extra content.

Brother

Brother

Quote from: Nutlink on Feb 18, 2010, 12:23:40 AM
I don't think I'd like to see playable Xenos.  Focus on the coop aspect of it.  Maybe something like the Spec Ops mode for MW2, or expand the Survival mode from AvP.  THAT would be much better than any competitive multiplayer, especially considering the competition out there now.
Quote from: peanut8 on Feb 18, 2010, 05:24:15 AM

Yes GBX, please give us less instead of giving us more.

afrocat

afrocat

Quote from: Brother on Feb 18, 2010, 09:15:48 AM
Quote from: Nutlink on Feb 18, 2010, 12:23:40 AM

Yes GBX, please give us less instead of giving us more.
Serious? Or sarcasm?

xboxgamer4life

i have an idea for a game mode there are 2 teams 1 human marines and 1 aliens. its the marines job to protect themselves and the scientists/civilians. the aliens start as facehuggers. they grab a scientist,civilian,or marian if there balsy enough. then they burst out of the chest and try to grow. they can eat mice ,and cats untill there big enough to take out children or adults.
   for the points system the aliens only have a limited amount of lives maybe 3. they get a small amount of points for every scientst,civilian they kill but they get like 20X the points when they kill a marine. marines get points for killing aliens. aliens also get masive points for killing marine as facehugger. so after all the aliens are dead or the 20 minute time ends the sides switch. and the guys who were marines are now aliens. so after 2 rounds who ever gets the most points wins

Corporal Lewis Hicks

Corporal Lewis Hicks

To tell you the truth I do not care if we get to play as Xenos Its a game about playing as a marine. A good Mp Game mode would be Survival mode with A.i controlled Aliens. Build you're Defence Set up sentry guns, block the doors get your mates in postion and fight till the death.

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: Corporal Lewis Hicks on Feb 18, 2010, 06:37:50 PM
To tell you the truth I do not care if we get to play as Xenos Its a game about playing as a marine. A good Mp Game mode would be Survival mode with A.i controlled Aliens. Build you're Defence Set up sentry guns, block the doors get your mates in postion and fight till the death.

That would be more like co-op. I am positive we will see scenarios like that SP/Co-OP and I bet we will see Co-Op modes like that. But there are people including me who believe that if A:CM includes multiplayer (more than 4-6 players) that it should have playable Xenos.

afrocat

afrocat

Hmm that would be a sweet set up.

VEF214

VEF214

Are you serious?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed