Quote from: ScoobySnax on Mar 22, 2010, 04:27:21 PM
Graphics: 7.5/10
Story: 6/10
MultiPlayer: 8/10
Support: 5/10

But still a pretty darn fun game.
Quote from: Brother on Mar 22, 2010, 11:43:37 PM
MP got the highest score, lolz.
I agree scoobysnax. and mp never gets boring for me, so thats why it gets highest score, if the support (the right support) was there mp would get 9/10. 10/10 if 5 more big mp maps were added new skins and higher ranks (100 ranks ) also.
BIG MP maps? >.> We need more enclosed maps. More claustrophobia. Rawr.

ScoobySnax

ScoobySnax

Yeah, maps like Refinary and Pyramid are the awesome, if a bit unbalanced via the wall tail though. Infact the only Map I like which is really open is Gateway, because it combines features from all movies.

Keg

Keg

Graphics 6.5 - seems a bit harsh but compared to other games released in the past two years it just doesnt impress. It does its job, it looks good, but it aint anything more. I would have given it a 7 or a 7.5 but there are too many little graphical and visual glitches/bugs that take it down a notch.

Gameplay 7.5 - I actually think the controls for all 3 species are fine and I quite like the old school, simplified style shooter aspect.

Story 6.5 - better than i thought it would be, but still not upto much.

Multiplayer 5 - probably the most important aspect for most people and i thought it was horrible

Replayability 6.5 - i always find this a hard one because if i like a game i will replay it many times whenever i get the urge. For some people though once theyve played it, if there is nothing new to unlock or to discover they have no interest. So replayability depends on the player. I would give it a 7.5 because i love Aliens and Predator so i know i will replay it many times, but ive given it a 6.5 because i know its quite basica and alot of people wont come back to it.

Adey

Adey

Quote Scoobysnax. we got patch 3 and at least thats something Quote Im on psn mate so i aint got any patches yet, but the fact there are patches being made is a definite plus in my book just cant wait till one is released for consoles. :D

Dajanksta

Dajanksta

Quote from: Keg on Mar 29, 2010, 11:42:29 AM
Graphics 6.5 - seems a bit harsh but compared to other games released in the past two years it just doesnt impress. It does its job, it looks good, but it aint anything more. I would have given it a 7 or a 7.5 but there are too many little graphical and visual glitches/bugs that take it down a notch.

Gameplay 7.5 - I actually think the controls for all 3 species are fine and I quite like the old school, simplified style shooter aspect.

Story 6.5 - better than i thought it would be, but still not upto much.

Multiplayer 5 - probably the most important aspect for most people and i thought it was horrible

Replayability 6.5 - i always find this a hard one because if i like a game i will replay it many times whenever i get the urge. For some people though once theyve played it, if there is nothing new to unlock or to discover they have no interest. So replayability depends on the player. I would give it a 7.5 because i love Aliens and Predator so i know i will replay it many times, but ive given it a 6.5 because i know its quite basica and alot of people wont come back to it.

Agreed I already traded my copy of avp in. I got got Just Cause 2. The game is pretty fun and one mission is about as long as the whole damn alien campaign.

LogansFolly

LogansFolly

this game is loosing it's battle online already.... theres just no one playing it.... gutted. :( :'(

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

Quote from: LogansFolly on Apr 20, 2010, 11:41:05 AM
this game is loosing it's battle online already.... theres just no one playing it.... gutted. :( :'(

Yes unfortunately I have made the same experience over and over again in the last 2 or 3 weeks. The only time when people get to play the game is on weekends and even then it's only a few... sad to say that I've in my whole AVP career only had 1 or 2 really packed infestation rounds... pity pity... something needs to happen or the game will die soon...

Puks

Puks

Quotethe game will die soon

Don't worry, Rebellion, Sega and Fox will cook up another quickie in no time!

Brother

Brother

To see which one will die faster? ><

Anto of the Sand

Anto of the Sand

One of the worst buys I've ever made in my life. Very poorly made piece of tripe. Graphics are average at best (not including the horrible Xeno bodies dissolving), gameplay thouroughly shamefull. This isn't even including the design flaws which are rampant.
Overall, I'd give it at best....3/10. It would seem my generosity knows no bounds.

Jorko_Beliata

Jorko_Beliata

Nice game (couldn't stop playing till finished the Marine campaign), BUT:

- Since it's not looking better than, say GoW, why the heck it's killing my ATI 4650?!

- And why does it take 15 gigs of my HDD?!

- As I've already installed it, and accept the fact I'll play it on med res, I was not happy to find out the Marine campaign's not longer than 6-7 hours total...

- It's meant to be difficult and realistic. Then why the pistol has unlimited ammo?! And why do I get to carry endless supply of flares?!

- The Scoped Rifle is a real xeno-killer. Since got it, played the WHOLE GAME with this ONE weapon, besides the parts, where I got to...

- ...the Smartgun is really cool the way it is. Only there isn't any point having it as personal weapon, since the 2 out of 3 places you find it, your FORCED to use it, otherwise you're breakfast.

- And what's the point to have it at all, if you can't carry it around (NO ammo found except for the places you're supposed to use it)?!

- Really like the way bugs strafe around you. Just don't get why I have the time to walk the dog before I get hurt with a xeno in the vicinity...

- When I think about it, perhaps it's just the Rookie himself - any other human known to grab a facehugger pouncing on his head?! Several times?!

- The way the gameplay develops is annoying from time to time. Everything is so scripted, that you don't get to kill a xeno with a wrist blade, if you're supposed to waste it with the plasma caster...

- Thought it's a PC FPS. Now I see it's another console convert - with console gameplay! Good one, anyway...

- Talking about consoles - I really hate the boss-fights with ever-re-spawning minor enemies, and, which is most stupid - ever-re-spawning items...

Since I've finished only the marine campaign, expect this list to get a bit longer, by the time I end up the other two campaigns... But despite the bull crap in the game, I'm still having great fun...  ;D

P.S. By Console Gameplay I mean the most idiotic interpretation of a Skinner Box in a software product, which forces the player to perform certain action (press a certain button), in a certain way, in a certain time, following idiotic instructions, completely neglecting any skills of the player, or any other options to access the situation...
Really, all you get to do is press the button WHEN instructed, and you're fine! What's the interaction in that?!

jimmylace

jimmylace

Considering how much I play this game and how long i've been on avpgalaxy, thought i'd quickly share my thoughts on this, seeing as I haven't said much of late...

all in all the difficulty curve is too high with this game and would put off non-fans I think. Once you've mastered it though,theres great fun to be had. Unfortunately, it feels quite rushed in places. Now that the basic game mechanics/structure is there I would hope the sequel is a glossier affair.

the predator is overpowered - I managed to get a 19 kill streak yesterday - and thats post smartdisc patch!! the best i've managed with alien/marine is 9. that just goes to show...the biggest injustice in the game; Alien Vs Predator melee - the alien doesn't stand a chance if the predator knows what he's doing. If the alien DOES know what he's doing, it still doesn't matter. Maybe the predator focus leap should be removed when fighting aliens? It really puts me off playing as the alien on certain maps.

marines are a touch underpowered - I think the pulse rifle should do more damage mid range or something...it's just that bit too tough.

maps are unbalanced - and thats a big complaint.
ruins/gateway/temple=predator
refinery/pyramid=alien.
jungle is pretty balanced all round but is proabably the worst level to play as a marine.

what else? anyone with the DLC map pack on xbox360 - please add me! haven't played these maps at all...

AlexTommo

AlexTommo

Quote from: jimmylace on May 24, 2010, 08:52:02 PM
Considering how much I play this game and how long i've been on avpgalaxy, thought i'd quickly share my thoughts on this, seeing as I haven't said much of late...

all in all the difficulty curve is too high with this game and would put off non-fans I think. Once you've mastered it though,theres great fun to be had. Unfortunately, it feels quite rushed in places. Now that the basic game mechanics/structure is there I would hope the sequel is a glossier affair.

the predator is overpowered - I managed to get a 19 kill streak yesterday - and thats post smartdisc patch!! the best i've managed with alien/marine is 9. that just goes to show...the biggest injustice in the game; Alien Vs Predator melee - the alien doesn't stand a chance if the predator knows what he's doing. If the alien DOES know what he's doing, it still doesn't matter. Maybe the predator focus leap should be removed when fighting aliens? It really puts me off playing as the alien on certain maps.

marines are a touch underpowered - I think the pulse rifle should do more damage mid range or something...it's just that bit too tough.

maps are unbalanced - and thats a big complaint.
ruins/gateway/temple=predator
refinery/pyramid=alien.
jungle is pretty balanced all round but is proabably the worst level to play as a marine.

what else? anyone with the DLC map pack on xbox360 - please add me! haven't played these maps at all...

I agree with pretty much everything you've said here. Highest killstreak I've had with the Alien was 14, but I got lucky a few times there.

What I don't like, is the Alien heavy attack takes so long to execute, just as you're about to strike, a Predator gets a light attack in there... which stuns me. My light attacks never stun the Predator, I always find myself recoiling back leaving me vulnerable.

Also if I block a Predator light attack, I can't go straight for the heavy attack as it takes to long, countering with a light attack stunning the Pred in the process, but it can recover quickly enough to interrupt my oncoming heavy attack.

Adey

Adey

I agree with all but the underpowered marine part, the pulse rifle can hit you from clear across the map and do the same damage as it does in close range and in medium to close range its easy to get head shots, which kill all in about 2 seconds. The shotgun can obliterate anything with its alternate fire at close range, particularly against aliens and if you watch Kanes vid you'll see there not to shabby with pistol and melee attacks either and the sniper rifle is ace too especially if your being covered by teammates. The only two things that should be changed are the flamer and smartgun imo neither have enough power all they would have to do is make them like they are in the sp campaign and they would be fine. To those who complain about pred players spamming disc/caster/mines etc, it's what they are there for, the whole point in being a pred is to use the gadgets and people who stick to one weapon are doing so cos it's their favourite or its easiest to use cos the name of the game is to win, sadly. :-[

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I guess I'm a bit late to the party since I beat the game a few days ago, but anyway, here are my summed up feelings. This is the PS3 version.

Story: 6/10. Stark, but it works and is easy to follow. I do like how all three campaigns intermix, but they were all far too short. 7 levels? Come on.

Gameplay: 7/10. It's fun playing as the Alien or Predator. Trophy kills are always brutal and fun to watch and tehre's a certain sense of excitement that comes from watching you sneak up on a marine and ripping his head or neck off.

AI: 5/10. It's fun sneaking up on your enemies sure, but when they're all literally just walking into the same spot and dying because you're distracting them with the Alien's hiss or the Predator's voice box, it doesn't leave much in the way of a challenge. Especially when that one marine that come over to you has buddies 6 feet away who for some reason can't hear what's going on.

Graphics: 7/10. Nicely textured for sure, but the graphics were very muddy. It reminded me of Turok and that's not a good thing.

Re-playability: 8/10. At least there's stuff to go back and hunt down, if only for the sake of getting a few trophies and increasing your score.

Other comments: the Marine campaign sucked. There's no way around on that for me. It felt tacked on and I was so annoyed with the Marine's name: Rookie. Really Rebellion? You couldn't have given him something even as basic as Smith or Johnson? Ugh.

Overall: 6.5/10. Not a horrible game, but it should have been much better.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed