Single Player Questions/Help Thread

Started by WeaN, Feb 14, 2010, 03:37:48 PM

Author
Single Player Questions/Help Thread (Read 61,029 times)

afrocat

afrocat

Ok question...
Spoiler
In the Alien campaign does six actually have facehuggers with her? I mean she's some sort of genetic hybrid/experiment correct? So does she just call a facehugger or does she actually...idk produce one?
[close]
And does the ending blatantly set up a sequel?

draken161

draken161

Quote from: afrocat on Feb 15, 2010, 02:34:43 AM
Ok question...
Spoiler
In the Alien campaign does six actually have facehuggers with her? I mean she's some sort of genetic hybrid/experiment correct? So does she just call a facehugger or does she actually...idk produce one?
[close]
And does the ending blatantly set up a sequel?

From what i've heard Rebellion does plan to make a sequel so I guess so.

For the question. she calls them. Make it noted that these are random spawning.

afrocat

afrocat

Ah okay, thanks very much I was confused about the Facehuggers and where they spawn. I figured as much for the sequel.

Rem

Rem

Hey Wean quick question,is there a big muzzle flash with the pulse rifle like how it was in the demo? [360 version] that's mainly all that bothers me about the game,can't see not a damn thing when firing while playing the demo because of it.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Baasje92 on Feb 15, 2010, 01:33:09 AM
Dude listen, it's just an mp age, almost no game concentrates on sp gaming, most go for mp gaming that's what this game is about to, the online experience, the sp is just for getting to know the story line.

Wrong.

It's only primarily geared towards being multiplayer if it's somehow advertised as such: For instance, the original 'Battlefield 1942'. Just because you can do multiplayer on something, doesn't mean to say that should be the exclusive motivation for whoever purchases it - and certainly shouldn't be the only focus for whoever designs it (if they ever do, then it's laziness).

A lot of people don't even have an Internet connection (a good proportion of which will probably buy this) and, with due respect, it makes you seem a bit elitist to dismiss those people as meaningless.

With that said, it sounds like these three different campaigns should truly be treated as three acts/chapters in one huge one. Ideally, each would be just as lengthy as one another.

Hawkins

Hawkins

Quote from: WeaN on Feb 14, 2010, 05:59:47 PM
Quote from: Darkness on Feb 14, 2010, 05:29:33 PM
How does it compare to AvP2's Marine campaign if you played it?

Yeah, I did play AvP 2 Marine Campaign back then. I'd say it's pretty similar in the sense that it starts really slow and creepy, taking time to set up each encounter, and escalates gradually into a more action oriented experience. Towards the end, you'll face waves of Xenos at once.

Quote from: Sifer2 on Feb 14, 2010, 05:33:35 PM
Was is it easy? I watched a guy playing on a stream an between him being able to just rifle bash the Aliens to stun them whenever they got close an auto grabbing face huggers it looked like it would be too easy. Compared to the old AvP anyway which was kind of scary just because of how fast an dangerous the Aliens were.

It wasn't so hard to me. Then again, I'm kinda used to console FPSs.
Also, the heavily pronounced aim assist didn't really help making it harder. It basically follows moving targets for you for a sec or two as soon as they appear, so you'd have to be really bad to actually miss.
Only the beginning of the game was tricky cause as most of you probably know already, you start with the pistol only. A single Alien can sustain quite some damage, so I often found myself firing, running past him, get some distance and repeat... that is if I had enough room to do so.
Since you can block and counter just like in MP, as long as you can predict whether the Alien is gonna perform a light or strong attack, you're pretty much safe.
BUT they move a lot, so as soon as you have to deal with a bunch of them in tight environnement, it's gonna require much more creativity. You'll find yourself surrounded quite often.
So yeah. The atmosphere creeped me more than the Xenos themselves. Past the surprise of the first levels, they become mere targets.

Quote from: Predator:o:95 on Feb 14, 2010, 05:34:44 PMi thought you would see one of those bosses more than once.

Well, actually ... you kinda do.

Spoiler
The first Praetorian you'll ever meet will be a boss, but then you'll meet two of them as regular enemies. They seemed to have a bit less health too.
[close]
regarding the part that you said that in the 1st part of the marine mission you only have a pistol.I'm curious to know when you get a better weapon like the pulse rifle or the shot gun or anything better then a pistol.

Chaotic-Strike

Just spoiled the story by watching the clips on youtube the story is rather bland though I expected that. Looks like this will be mostly a multiplayer game.
A little off topic but I can see why the predalien skin isn't playable in multiplayer.... its so terrible. I was expecting it to be a good design based on what little I could see from that one clip from the e3 demo  but after seeing it for the full game I'd rather have Chet back and that saying something

Hawkins

Hawkins

I thought I saw it locked in the mp demo.

@Pauk -d Paya
you a funny guy but your probably right haha.

Space Sweeper

Do they have any vent shaft scenes with the junction gates from ALIEN at any point in the Marine campaign?

InfestedGoat

InfestedGoat

In some videos I saw it looked like if you are an Alien, you can be 2 feet away from them moving and they wont see you. Is this the same in Hard mode?

Also, if you have been seen, how easy or hard is it to hide in the shadows and lose them?

Ironseven

Ironseven

Quote from: gloatingdazz on Feb 14, 2010, 09:20:27 PM
Quote from: GrimyGhost on Feb 14, 2010, 06:29:06 PM
Quote from: VEF214 on Feb 14, 2010, 06:26:01 PM
Quote from: GrimyGhost on Feb 14, 2010, 06:25:35 PM
Quote from: Zephon on Feb 14, 2010, 06:23:16 PM
Quote from: GrimyGhost on Feb 14, 2010, 06:20:08 PM
according to a guy on youtube each campaign can be finished in 1-2 hours... is that true?? if so thats a serious disapointment..

Meh..almost anything can be finished that fast if you zoom trough it and dont take your time with everything. + play on easy. Mass Effect 2 is arround 80hours but people can finish it in 6hours... Same goes for alot of games. It all depends on how much you ignore.
there was no rushing involved, he was on medium... he did campaign play throughs on youtube

Link?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv3NVeuA8sU
he played the game on easy difficulty so thats y the game looked so easy, personally the tiny bits of spoilers that ive read havent at all put me off the game, and where he says on you tube that 2 hrs gameplay max for each character to me is b.s why play the game if your just gonna rush and play it on easy... the mp will be the selling point for this game anyway.. people shouldnt be able to post spoilers until after the game is released properly because folk will be tempted to read and then put off purchasing it

Indeed, im prolly gonna play it on hard first and then atleast for the predator campaign play it on easy and just enjoy hunting ;)

elderwolf

elderwolf

how violent does it get, are there parts with bodies destroyed like no ones buisness

Eldritch

Eldritch

Quote from: S.Y.L on Feb 14, 2010, 03:38:49 PM
Quote from: WeaN on Feb 14, 2010, 03:37:48 PM
I was lucky enough to get my hands on the game a bit early

how did you manage that?

Yeah.. I'd like to know that too..

Ironseven

Ironseven

Now about the ending, sounds like a cliffhanger to me :P

And i really hope that if they are gonna build some kind of campaign on the ending it will be a DLC since just thinking about it.. Makes me feel like waiting for a full sequel to this game would be PAINFUL..

Hawkins

Hawkins

Quote from: elderwolf on Feb 15, 2010, 06:57:00 AM
how violent does it get, are there parts with bodies destroyed like no ones buisness
Spoiler

but that's just a video of the 1st action I think

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed